Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: When KP returns....

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Phillips starts, Brown returns to back up role with some frequent snaps

5 16.67%
  • Brown should continue to start

3 10.00%
  • More Big Nickel packages to get them both on the field (like when we had Grant)

22 73.33%
  • other

0 0%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeeswin27 View Post
    Whose to say hes better then brown? Browns been playing like a top safety in the league rite now. The guy has single handley won us games. If we put him on the bench(which im sure we will beacuse giants dont go with the hot hand) ill be pissed.
    What?

Okay so if Nicks went down but Barden was averaging 100 yards 2 td per game for 5 games would you bench Nicks? No you wouldn't. Why wouldn't you? Because you know from a much larger sample size that Nicks is far better.

How do I know Kenny Phillips is better? Kenny Phillips has been playing at a high level for what now, 4, 5 years? Stevie Brown was a bench player for his career and that's not a coincidence.

Brown has indeed been play extremely well and I like him but that doesn't mean he's better than Phillips. Have you ever thought that maybe since Phillips isn't there teams are throwing towards Brown a whole lot more due to no dear of him leading to more opportunities for Brown than Phillips?

I'll take 4-5 years of solid play over 4-5 games of very good play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Why let Phillips go when we can let Rolle go?
    do you have any clue what you just typed?
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    [B][COLOR="Blue"]13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

"How come Eli don't feed me the ball no more?"
    Don't know Larry. Don't know.

NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Gotta remember Rolle restructured his deal a couple times, so future money can actually be old money that the Giants are on the hook for whether he stays or goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by krisxsong View Post
    What?

Okay so if Nicks went down but Barden was averaging 100 yards 2 td per game for 5 games would you bench Nicks? No you wouldn't. Why wouldn't you? Because you know from a much larger sample size that Nicks is far better.

How do I know Kenny Phillips is better? Kenny Phillips has been playing at a high level for what now, 4, 5 years? Stevie Brown was a bench player for his career and that's not a coincidence.

Brown has indeed been play extremely well and I like him but that doesn't mean he's better than Phillips. Have you ever thought that maybe since Phillips isn't there teams are throwing towards Brown a whole lot more due to no dear of him leading to more opportunities for Brown than Phillips?

I'll take 4-5 years of solid play over 4-5 games of very good play.
    krisxsong: the perfect example would have been Barden's performance vs Carolina, when he had 7 recs, 100+ yds, but yet Nicks would bring a better game than that, which would have been his 199 yds game the week before, but to follow on G's point, we are depleted in our CB depth, and the best use for Rolle is for him to play corner again, since none of our corners seem consistent, we can have Phillips and Brown as our starting sfety, make Prince earn his job as a starting corner, and C-Web and Rolle will be our starting Corners, and rolle can be a play-making corner
    Last edited by cowboyskilla; 10-31-2012 at 11:19 PM.
    [B][COLOR="Blue"]13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    do you have any clue what you just typed?
    Something that would improve our secondary?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Dahh Sneak View Post
    Something that would improve our secondary?
    It's impossible to dump Rolle anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    krisxsong: the perfect example would have been Barden's performance vs Carolina, when he had 7 recs, 100+ yds, but yet Nicks would bring a better game than that, which would have been his 199 yds game the week before, but to follow on G's point, we are depleted in our CB depth, and the best use for Rolle is for him to play corner again, since none of our corners seem consistent, we can have Phillips and Brown as our starting sfety, make Prince earn his job as a starting corner, and C-Web and Rolle will be our starting Corners, and rolle can be a play-making safety
    So yeah, you're saying I was right? Barden is not better than Nicks and even though he had a great game doesn't mean we should bench the better play for him.

As for Rolle, NOOOOOOO way. Rolle is a joke at corner. Yes Webster has been inconsistent but have you been watching Prince? Prince has been extremely solid and as amazing as it is he's been our best CB this year by a stretch.

If anything, use Rolle in our 3 safety package then as a psuedo LB.

vCash
    Does anyone know that with Rolle's tons of guaranteed money if you're able to trade guaranteed money? I like Rolle for what he's done. He's durable and a battler and is a good presence to have in the secondary but he's ridiculously overpaid. We'd definitely see a big drop off if we lost him though this year, so next year, if possible I'd roll with the young safeties if we could sign KP for around 5 years, 20 mil.

I love KP and he's the best safety we have right now. We should be using him when he's healthy 100%, brown takes a backseat or Nickel. Will Hill has shown flashes as well so KP, Brown, Hill and Sash works for me next year in an ideal world.

Once again does anyone know if guaranteeed money when you renogiate like that can be traded or if we still take a hit?

vCash
    I'm fairly sure you can always trade any amount of owed money if another team is willing to take it. But that's VERY hard to do. Gotta remember, with restructuring there is a lot of old money, so its money for performance 1-2 years ago which means a new team would pay for more than they're getting.

We'd likely have to eat a lot of money though....nobody gonna pick up that tab.

vCash
    I'm fairly sure you can always trade any amount of owed money if another team is willing to take it. But that's VERY hard to do. Gotta remember, with restructuring there is a lot of old money, so its money for performance 1-2 years ago which means a new team would pay for more than they're getting.

We'd likely have to eat a lot of money though....nobody gonna pick up that tab.
    Unless they need to make the cap, have a young secondary, and want an experienced guy in there. We'd likely have to eat some or trade something in a package with them

vCash
    Gotta remember Rolle restructured his deal a couple times, so future money can actually be old money that the Giants are on the hook for whether he stays or goes.
    They have their #'s updated. 14m in base salary, another 4m guaranteed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by krisxsong View Post
    It's impossible to dump Rolle anywhere.

1)So yeah, you're saying I was right? Barden is not better than Nicks and even though he had a great game doesn't mean we should bench the better play for him.

As for Rolle, NOOOOOOO way. 2)Rolle is a joke at corner. Yes Webster has been inconsistent but have you been watching Prince? Prince has been extremely solid and as amazing as it is he's been our best CB this year by a stretch.

If anything, use Rolle in our 3 safety package then as a pseudo LB.
    1)Yea. I was concurring and providing evidence to back your word up, and 2)take a look at this video if you think Rolle is garbage at CB: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GB4uezTHQ6o he can make a play on the ball after pressing on the WR and successfully jamming the WR(this was T.J. Houzmenzadah at his prime)...remember Miles Austin was a huge test for Prince after playing a mediocre WR tandem in Cleveland & Washington, and he got abused. he had one decent game, and that was the Sf game because that one pick Prince made changed the momentum and the outcome of the game. Hosley, for a rookie, in my opinion, has played the best of all the corners, with a couple questionable call, he AT LEAST got a hand or two on Miles Austin inside the 5-yard line, and remember, the slot-corner is the hardest position for a defender to play.
    Last edited by cowboyskilla; 10-31-2012 at 11:21 PM.

vCash
    Did you not watch the Giants play last year? Rolle was hot garbage at corner. I forgot 1 good game, a season in which he was benched, can justify how good of a corner he is.

That game took place 5 years ago btw.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Dahh Sneak View Post
    Did you not watch the Giants play last year? Rolle was hot garbage at corner. I forgot 1 good game, a season in which he was benched, can justify how good of a corner he is.

That game took place 5 years ago btw.
    I know that, It may be old and corny, but it is one of his finest play at corner against a decent receiver who was at his prime back then, but I showed that video to show how he can be physical up on the line, similar to how Hosley is jamming the WR out of his route...I know for sure Rolle right now would probably do a better job than the replacement for Corey Webster, cuz the real one got kidnapped and we don't know when he's coming back. Rolle was not garbage, he wasn't fantastic, but he DID his job and GOT IT DONE. Rolle is a valuable asset to this team and I find your opinion of simply cutting Rolle to be ridiculous...we are weak at out corner spot, and if we can't find the real C-Webb and if Prince can't live up to the expectation of a 1st round pick, playing Rolle as a corner wouldn't be a bad thing, and I'm sure if he has a few good games at corner, you would call him a beast corner in a heartbeat. That's just how it is.

vCash
    Art Stapleton‏@art_stapleton

Sounds like Perry Fewell is planning on 3-safety looks: "Stevie’s hard to unseat right now. We’ll find a way for Kenny to be on the field"

vCash
    Best news I've heard this week, now I say screw my idea of having Rolle as corner (see how I changed my mind in a heartbeat, just a #Typical Giants fan haha)

vCash
    When we play 3 S sets, Rolle basically is a corner....so???

As far as contracts, instead of talk of cutting/trading Rolle, why haven't they restructured the massively overpaid Chris Canty? (good player but not 6 million a year)

Goodbye old friend.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast