Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: When KP returns....

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Phillips starts, Brown returns to back up role with some frequent snaps

5 16.67%
  • Brown should continue to start

3 10.00%
  • More Big Nickel packages to get them both on the field (like when we had Grant)

22 73.33%
  • other

0 0%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pelfry34 View Post
    When we play 3 S sets, Rolle basically is a corner....so???

As far as contracts, instead of talk of cutting/trading Rolle, why haven't they restructured the massively overpaid Chris Canty? (good player but not 6 million a year)
    I'm sure that's what Reese is going to do when it's the off-season (hopefully ours will be the last one to start), but besides Canty, there's Rolle's contract that has to be fixed, and there has to be a decision on T2 on whether he reconstructs his contract for the reason of him being injured or trade/cut him as well, but I'm sure Jerry Reese will get it fixed, and I hope we get a corner in the 1st round of the 2013 draft
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

Gimme MORE of that BAZE D'andummy!

NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    So Deihl slides right back in but Kenny takes a backseat... lovely.

vCash
    Canty is actually playing in the past year + this last game as a 6 million dollar/year DT. It's just his first few years were rough to watch at that price tag.

vCash
    Funny I thought Will Hill was gonna be the guy to make a push this year, not Stevie Brown.

vCash
    Funny I thought Will Hill was gonna be the guy to make a push this year, not Stevie Brown.
    Me to! I'll take it though! I hope they keep Hill on board. We have a roster exemption for another week before we have to make a move, so lets see.

Having said that you guys know what I think. Kenny is solid & proven...to be a bit overrated. I think Brown has more takeaways in a few games then KP does in his career. Matter of fact: KP has 8 INT's & 3 FF's in four+ seasons (this is his fifth). Stevie this season has 5 INT's & 2 FF's as a Giants player (& he didn't even start the 9 games we've played!). It's not more, but I'm loving the ratio & his play passes the eye test. We see him making plays. That's all that matters. With a strong pass-rush the DB's should be making playslike he is but they haven't, until now. It's a no-brainer: play three S's more, keep him out there.

Shut up already with the Antrell Rolle attacks guys. He's one of our best players & comes through often. H What, cuz of his salary?? This is the NFL, restructure his contract or not, big deal. Leave that man alone, he's good.
    Last edited by BIGBLUEWEGOHARD; 11-06-2012 at 11:09 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Come on guys, KP Is our best saftey. He is a better coverage man and a better run supporter, I like brown but let him play the role Grant played.
    Yes please... Brown is doing work. But KP is stingy and our defense is giving up a TON of yardage.

Nickel package...

Rolle Brown Hill n Phillips n Sash as well.

Damn what a back end.... haha

vCash
    Ian Taubin‏@InReeseWeTrust

Kenny Phillips will NOT play Sunday vs. the Bengals. The target date for his return is 11/25 vs. Green Bay #nyg #giants
    Good idea. Rest him until after the bye.

vCash
    GRRR this annoys me with the Giants organization. I believe with the new rule they could of put KP on injured reserve with designation to return so he doesn't use a roster spot while sitting out......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by uwish1127 View Post
    GRRR this annoys me with the Giants organization. I believe with the new rule they could of put KP on injured reserve with designation to return so he doesn't use a roster spot while sitting out......
    Well yeah but it only saves them for like 3 weeks. He was out after week 3 (I think?) and even the new IR status, you have to activate them after week6 like the PUP I believe. Not sure it helps them other than roster spot, which it seems like they're ok at S as is.

vCash
    Well yeah but it only saves them for like 3 weeks. He was out after week 3 (I think?) and even the new IR status, you have to activate them after week6 like the PUP I believe. Not sure it helps them other than roster spot, which it seems like they're ok at S as is.
    Well that be right after the bye week, which is when he is expected to return....with Coughlin being so conservative with injured players Id thought hed love this.

vCash
    Our Corner depth isn't as fortunate as our Saftey depth...I question the IR placement on Michael Coe...
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

Gimme MORE of that BAZE D'andummy!

NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    vCash
    KP return is much anticipated...the secondary sucks right now. WTF is going on in the secondary....cant cover, cant tackle...?

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

vCash
    Guys are ridiculous

Rolle isn't going anywhere.

Kenny Phillips is better n starting above Brown

Rolls does a lot of WORK on the field for the Giants. If it wasn't for him covering CBs when he HAD to we wouldn't even made it to the Superbowl. Think code or tyron would've done better? No. That's why he was forced to play multiple positions. At this level of play tofu all should respect n recognize a baller n athlete

Anyway.... like I said in a other thread. Brown n Rolls are both ball hawks. Kenny is our safety net. That will punish you if you think big play haha he is our best tackler n decision maker I think on defense he keeps it all underneath him. Now yes we've seen him get beat but they're human. N he doesn't get let Tom many big plays go so I can't wait to have him back so rolle n Webster can stop trying to do too much or too little for that matter

vCash
    Just watch. Green bay game. Giants will play like they need to. Kenny Phillips returning is all a chess game

Sacks will come n one INT. No Greg Jennings out n Nelson banged up!!!.... so C Web on J Jones n Prince on Cobb. Hmmm gonna be nice to watch.

Giants are a sneaky organization I tell you

vCash
    Cobb will kill us if we aren't prepped for him ..

Jones will drop or maybe pop up or fumble a ball on a what would be big play .

We will some how allow a decent run game for the pack if they score 1st well still go for the sack=draws.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast