Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: When KP returns....

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Phillips starts, Brown returns to back up role with some frequent snaps

5 16.67%
  • Brown should continue to start

3 10.00%
  • More Big Nickel packages to get them both on the field (like when we had Grant)

22 73.33%
  • other

0 0%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Phillips is going to be a FA while Rolle is under contract and owed guaranteed money
    According to Spotrac, only 4 mil guaranteed is left after this year and we'd save 14 mil in salary.

If KP doesn't want an outrageously big contract (don't think it would be because of his knee issues), dream scenario is to cut Rolle and let KP play in the box more along side Brown/Hill.

vCash
    Let's all remember Brown is ALSO in a contract year...

Quote Originally Posted by krisxsong View Post
    KP is better. Better in coverage and better in run support.

I think we make Brown our 3rd safety in 3 safety sets. Also let Will Hill get a lil playing time when he comes back.
    Agreed. Fewell loves the big nickel with Grant and there's no reason they can't do the same now....not that Brown is the same type of S as Grant, but the depth at S is there and we have no CB depth....even Hosley is getting abused.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Dahh Sneak View Post
    According to Spotrac, only 4 mil guaranteed is left after this year and we'd save 14 mil in salary.

If KP doesn't want an outrageously big contract (don't think it would be because of his knee issues), dream scenario is to cut Rolle and let KP play in the box more along side Brown/Hill.
    Gotta remember Rolle restructured his deal a couple times, so future money can actually be old money that the Giants are on the hook for whether he stays or goes.

vCash
    Big Nickel is the way to go. Let's face it, this is a passing league and you can use all the DBs you can get on the field.

The key is having 2 solid LBs out there for run protection, and I think between Boley, Chase, Williams and Herzlich you can have a nice rotation of guys for the jbo.
    Go Grab My Belt

vCash

Thumbs down Dumbass

Thanks for jackin my thread,nerd

vCash
    Someones upset

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jdahigh View Post
    Thanks for jackin my thread,nerd
    You were late. Yours posted this morning, I already had this up. Catch up....

vCash

And quite frankly, as much as I love Rolle for his enthusiasm, mouth, and generally decent consistency, I'd say with a healthy Phillips we're better leaving Stevie where he is and having Kenny take Rolle's role
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

vCash
    I like Brown in that 3rd saftey role when KP returns

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post

And quite frankly, as much as I love Rolle for his enthusiasm, mouth, and generally decent consistency, I'd say with a healthy Phillips we're better leaving Stevie where he is and having Kenny take Rolle's role
    .Sean, I always ride with you, except now. Rolle is a good player who spent last season doing things a S doesn't normally do & never cried about it. He produces & is a wonderful tackler. I like KP but "when healthy", really? When is he ever really healthy? How many impact plays has he really made?? He's very good & I like him, he's a Giant & a good one. But honestly, not to be the bad guy, but has KP lived up to the potential we all believed him to have? NOPE.

We try to keep them all & go with more, but not too much, of the big Nickel/3 S set. If we keep them all. If not, there's a lot of time left. Lets see if Brown keeps this up, if KP gets healthy & stays that way & how 'Trel plays.
    Last edited by BIGBLUEWEGOHARD; 10-29-2012 at 05:35 PM.

I don't do many endorsements. I'd rather get doused by Gatorade than bust my butt selling it.
    -Bill Parcells

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post

Agreed. Fewell loves the big nickel with Grant and there's no reason they can't do the same now....not that Brown is the same type of S as Grant, but the depth at S is there and we have no CB depth....even Hosley is getting abused.
    True.

Hosley has had tough match-ups for a rookie, but that's fine. We've been winning & he's getting his experience now, before the end of the season & hopefully the playoffs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post

Quote Originally Posted by yankeeswin27 View Post
    Whose to say hes better then brown? Browns been playing like a top safety in the league rite now. The guy has single handley won us games. If we put him on the bench(which im sure we will beacuse giants dont go with the hot hand) ill be pissed.
    I agree. KP is solid but we've overrated him to be honest. That micro-fracture surgery will probably never let him reach his full potential, even though he's very good. He's our guy, no doubt, but you can't sit Brown down. Think about it...when was the last time we've had a ball hawk back there? You can't sit him. Big Nickel & let him roam, continue doing what he's been doing.

vCash
    That big nickel package was fewells package that he,loved and did the most damage with .

We covers with speed hit with power and could int stripfumble recover for tds ect and block blitz ect with bigger but faster guys ..

Also with all 3 CBS being inconsistent if they could be rested enough Cwebb may return to form and I like Hosley. Or prince enough this year for some rare downs together !! ..

Brown isn't grant though but he seems big ..Phillips can smack ppl with his hits so can rolle ...brown looks like a regular tackle his weight hurts you while he slowly gets up (like Des on a QB ..on purpose it wears you down you know) .

But rivers and boley should be the lbs or kiwi swapped with either ...that makes a fully rested roster ..bc kiwi could help out a hurt tuck an off osi and a doubled JPP .. With canty linval Austin ect our rotations better this way

With 2 lbs our lb core and DE core sound amazing (osi , kiwi , JPP, tuck -lbs kiwi-rivers-boley-Blackburn-ect) ...

Only thing is ..sash or whoever behind Stevie needs to be ready we can't expect non sub ping our just coming back safety KP ..or rolle whose banged up or brown whose not originally a starter to play every D down ...

vCash
    Sash can play specials & keep the bench warm. He's the last S up.

vCash
    if spagnuolo were here, he'd go with stevie.

1. roll with the hot hand
    2. if it aint' broken........... you know what comes next.

he's hot, and it's workin'. let it roll.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast