Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Do you think people will remember to use this thread for Free Agents/Trade Rumors?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 11.11%
  • No

20 74.07%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by #24 View Post
    I'd offer Wilson a minor league contract and let him try and work his way back into the pen. We don't need him. Especially for big buck$.
    There's no way we'd bring him back with a minor league contract. I would hope they could work out some deal with some incentives that could lead up to somewhere around his projected arbitration number before the year started.

Ariana Grande

9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    Hate to make this thread right after the team wins the World Series, but the title defense starts now. What moves should the Giants make for next year?

RE-SIGN EVERYONE!!!
    offseason

Welcomed with open arms this year!

Recovery time, mentally, physically, and economically.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UPRock View Post
    What about LF? He can do a better job playing there.
    Great point. He would be an excellent contingency plan for LF if/when Brown comes up to take CF responsibilities. LF is still not solidified, Pagan is still young, and he was a HUGE part of his team. I feel he improved daily, and his defense went from average to very good throughout the year. His bat can also be electric too. You don't let Pagan go unless financially it absolutely makes no sense. I know we can offer him a good contract that would be affordable to the team as well.

How sweet it is, how unbelievably sweet it is! 2010 AND 2012 San Francisco Giants are WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

vCash
    Not a big surprise but Giants are choosing the 2 mil buyout over the 10 mil club option for Huff. Saves us 8 mil.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowman53 View Post
    Have to bring back Scuturo and Affeldt.

I would let Pagan walk. He'll be overpaid and Gary Brown is not far away.
    I agree totally. We must bring these 2 back. I'd let Pagan walk. Absolutly NO to Swisher. I'd re-sign F. Sanchez cheap and see if he's got anything left. Maybe his body can handle a utility role. Bring Blanco back (not necessarily as a starter). Pence is the one i'm on the fence about. Also, have Will Clark spend some time with Belt this offseason working on his hitting.
    Last edited by Orange&Black55; 10-29-2012 at 06:52 PM.

vCash
    Not a big surprise but Giants are choosing the 2 mil buyout over the 10 mil club option for Huff. Saves us 8 mil.
    Huff retired 6 months ago, we were just nice enough to pay him to hang out with the team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange&Black55 View Post
    I agree totally. We must bring these 2 back. I'd let Pagan walk. Absolutly NO to Swisher. I'd re-sign F. Sanchez cheap and see if he's got anything left. Maybe his body can handle a utility role. Bring Blanco back (not necessarily as a starter). Pence is the one i'm on the fence about. Also, have Will Clark spend some time with Belt this offseason working on his hitting.
    I would also be in favor of bringing Freddy back. Based on what he said about doing everything he could to try to come back and feeling terrible that he wasn't able to play despite the fans supporting him by making him the 4th highest vote getter for 2B in the all star game I would think he wouldn't have a problem signing a contract for a minor league deal with an invite to ST. He could be an insurance policy in case Scutaro goes down (assuming we bring him back) and be a nice pinch hitter/utility role guy.
    "It's already over. All hopes aside and being only realistic. The Giants won't make the post season with the Dodgers and the Rockies in the same division."
    -rarryronds (06/03/2010 - on the Giants 2010 season)

"Stephen Curry is not a point guard"
    -asandhu23 (May 5, 2011)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    There's no way we'd bring him back with a minor league contract. I would hope they could work out some deal with some incentives that could lead up to somewhere around his projected arbitration number before the year started.
    How bout incentivizing him to cut off that ugly-*** beard. I'd be all for that...

But seriously, we don't need him. We proved it this year. 'Closer' by committee was effective enough and just proves you don't need dedicated 'closers', you just need good pitchers. He would not be worth the money he would end up getting IMO.
    Last edited by #24; 10-29-2012 at 09:50 PM.
    "If he could cook, I'd marry him." - Leo Durocher on Willie Mays

vCash
    All aboard the BJ Upton train.

vCash

2013 Offseason Discussion

Re-sign: Scutaro, Pence (arbitration), Pagan, F. Sanchez, Affeldt, and any other arbitration people who contributed
    Sign: Josh Hamilton (3 yr, $56 mil)
    Lineup:
    Pagan CF
    Scutaro 2B
    Sandoval 3B
    Posey C
    Hamilton LF
    Pence RF
    Belt 1B
    Crawford SS
    Pitcher Spot
    Rotation:
    Cain R
    Bumgarner L
    Lincecum R
    Zito L
    Vogelsong R
    Bullpen:
    Affeldt L
    Mijares L
    Lopez L
    Kontos R
    Casilla R
    Romo R
    Wilson R
    Bench:
    F. Sanchez UTIL
    Pill 1B
    Blanco OF
    Arias UTIL
    H. Sanchez C
    Peguero OF (pick any cheap or young guy and place here, to replace Nady's spot)

IMO: Bochy should try Freddy at 3B if belt doesn't produce...Freddy was a damn good 3rd baseman in Pittsburgh. Then that lengthens the whole lineup.

Gary Brown will be the CF eventually...I can see the Giants do to Pagan what they did with Bengie Molina in 2010: sign him to a deal, and trade him when Brown is ready to contribute in the majors. Ride the Pagan wave as long as we can.

Bold Prediction: Pence will return to Houston Astros-form in 2013. I envision him pulling his head out, along with the rest of his awkward, goofy self, and putting together an incredible year: .297, 28 HR, 107 RBI. Hitting behind Hamilton, a power lefty (LEFTY), who
    Is hard to get out, will make pitchers think differently and lose a little rhythm. (IMO, it's easier to pitch two righties in a row as opposed to one of each because the pitcher can throw the same pitches and if he's feeling, for example, his slider, he can ride the same pitch till it stops working, or till he faces a lefty.)

2012 was amazing! Lets REPEAT!!!

vCash
    Hamilton will be a 20M/yr player.

Freddy can't throw from second, why would he be able to throw from third? He's nothing more than a back up at this point in his career, if that.

Pence going back to his Astro days isn't really a bold prediction. I don't think there's much doubt that he'll hit near his career averages. Definitely within range of his career averages.

Ariana Grande

vCash
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Pence's is hilarious.

Ariana Grande

9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    vCash
    I purposely watched it without sound, and burst out laughing when he did Pence.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    Pence's is hilarious.
    Yeah, it's spot on. I loved his pre at bat ritual for Sandoval.

<3

Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast