Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Do you think people will remember to use this thread for Free Agents/Trade Rumors?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 11.11%
  • No

20 74.07%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 14 of 61 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    Who says Affeldt is the number 1 priority? I think we should make an effort to keep him, but he definitely isn't the top priority.
    Go back and read posts in this thread and find out who

Would you trust a blind scout? Of course you wouldn't but that's what you do when you simply go by stats

Some do not understand the ignore list.

vCash
    Who was asking about the poster that asked about Affeldt being the #1 priority?

SF Giants, SF 49ers, Sac Kings since birth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Well....replace LOOGY's with "left handed relievers" and my point remains the same. It was a recurring joke on this site throughout the season.
    Oh, I remember. My point is, Affeldt is more than a LOOGY. I don't want him grossly overpaid, but I'd prefer he remain a Giant as he's put together a solid body of work, the freak injuries aside.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    This guy doesn't seem too in tune to the current free agent market. I'd be very surprised if Pagan signed for that little.
    I'd be surprised, and happy. But that's seems more like what he'd make over 2 yrs, not 3.

vCash
    I'd be ok if Pagan didn't stay. I like Pagan and all but jeeze, he's a bit of a drama princess (historically) and I don't know who all may have caught this, but he's scared to death of the wall. Probably doesn't want to hurt that big *** smile of his. We waited all season to see Pagan challange the wall, and he just won't do it. I mean yeah, he kinda tried in Game 4 when he helped Cabrera's fly ball get over for a homerun, but it was weak sauce. Especially after watching Mike Trout do it all year long...

vCash
    Ah, good catch. Spiff.. Peralta, game 1 then.... Jeeze, I had a 33.3% chance of being right. Wasn't like Detroit was throwing them over the fence or anything

vCash
    <snip> Then there is Brian Wilson. Wilson isn't a free agent until after the 2013 season. But the Giants should start figuring out what they plan on doing with him now. He missed 99 percent of the season after undergoing 'Tommy John' surgery, but is expected to be ready for next season. With that said, Wilson will command a sizeable salary as a free agent, and the Giants must decide if they'll commit at least ten million dollars per year to retain their closer long term. What makes the decision all the more difficult is the way the bullpen was able to step-in and replace his production (the team had over 50 saves this season). Bullpen by committee is a formula that rarely works, but when you're a team with a bunch of very solid arms, it can actually be used to a team's advantage. The closer position is a vastly overrated position, and things did not work out well the last time the Giants spent a lot of money on a closer (see Armando Benitez). Now with that said, it would be ill advised for the Giants to allocate a large sum of money on a closer who is incredibly shaky at times and has a history of injuries. A smaller contract would best suit the Giants, it would just be a matter of Wilson wants to stay in SF or go to where the money is. With the emergence of cheaper options like Casilla and Romo, Wilson may have closed his last game as a Giant. <snip>
    I like the way this guy thinks...
    "They throw the ball, I hit it. They hit the ball, I catch it." - Willie Mays

vCash

2013 Offseason Discussion

^
    Yeah as much as I love Wilson I just don't want to give him a big contract when we really don't need to. I wonder if he's the type of guy who follows the money, it wouldn't shock me if he took a patchy to stay with us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwertys:24181355
    ^
    Yeah as much as I love Wilson I just don't want to give him a big contract when we really don't need to. I wonder if he's the type of guy who follows the money, it wouldn't shock me if he took a patchy to stay with us.
    I agree, I want him to stay but you can miss me with giving him a huge contract which is what he will probably want.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetleaf View Post
    I'd be ok if Pagan didn't stay. I like Pagan and all but jeeze, he's a bit of a drama princess (historically) and I don't know who all may have caught this, but he's scared to death of the wall. Probably doesn't want to hurt that big *** smile of his. We waited all season to see Pagan challange the wall, and he just won't do it. I mean yeah, he kinda tried in Game 4 when he helped Cabrera's fly ball get over for a homerun, but it was weak sauce. Especially after watching Mike Trout do it all year long...
    Honestly, you have to work really hard to be critical of the season Pagan had, especially based on the expectations most Giants fans had for him coming into the season.

First person I have heard criticize Pagan's personality.. His teammates love him, the fans love him and his coaches love him. I guess his salute might be kind of dramatic for you.

As for his defense... the expectations for him are that of an average defender in CF. But he's been much better than expected defensively as well, he's made a bunch of really great defensive plays and he always runs hard out there.

vCash
    Someone said they were going to post a complete list of this years FAs?Hope to see it soon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiskeptSF View Post

As for his defense... the expectations for him are that of an average defender in CF.
    And that's exactly what he was.

Would you trust a blind scout? Of course you wouldn't but that's what you do when you simply go by stats

Some do not understand the ignore list.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetleaf View Post
    We waited all season to see Pagan challange the wall, and he just won't do it. I mean yeah, he kinda tried in Game 4 when he helped Cabrera's fly ball get over for a homerun, but it was weak sauce.
    I think you are refering to Peralta's HR, and it was in game 1. No one got near Cabrera's HR in game 4, except the gale force wind that helped it over the fence

vCash
    Pagan doesn't have to rob hrs to be a good of he plays pretty good defense.. My thing is if he wants like 12 or 13 mil Id go for someone else... Although I hope we can keep everyone for chemistry and no TEJADA like signingsn this yr

props to sfgiants5518 for the sports userbar.props to vick for other user bar.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TKellion View Post
    Someone said they were going to post a complete list of this years FAs?Hope to see it soon.
    You can just search 2013 MLB Free Agents.

Page 14 of 61 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast