Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Do you think people will remember to use this thread for Free Agents/Trade Rumors?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    3 11.11%
  • No

    20 74.07%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 13 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 903
  1. #181
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Andrew Luck's world
    Posts
    74,281
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LASportsFan1996 View Post
    I honestly doubt we sign Affeldt, we'll more than likely just retain Choate or go with King Paco
    I bet you doubted that you'd sign Uribe.
    2014 Indianapolis Colts: Let's Hunt

    <3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

  2. #182
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,069
    vCash
    1500
    1 *_____ (CF/LF)
    2 *Scutaro (2B)
    3 Posey (C)
    4 Sandoval (3B)
    5 Pence (RF)
    6 *_____ (LF/CF)
    7 Belt (1B)
    8 Crawford (SS)

    Bench: Blanco (OF), *_____ (1B/OF), *Theriot (IF), Arias (IF), H. Sanchez (C)

    SP: Cain, Bumgarner (L), Vogelsong, Lincecum, Zito (L)

    Pen: Romo-CL, *Affeldt (L), *Wilson (declined arb & resigned), Casilla, Lopez (L), Kontos, *_____ (Long Reliever)

  3. #183
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Brea,CA
    Posts
    31,643
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    I bet you doubted that you'd sign Uribe.
    If that guy was in my presence right now, I'd knock him the **** out
    Foam Party!

  4. #184
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Brea,CA
    Posts
    31,643
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants-49ers-Ws View Post
    Pen: Romo-CL, *Affeldt (L), *Wilson (declined arb & resigned), Casilla, Lopez (L), Kontos, *_____ (Long Reliever)
    Wilson wouldn't close?
    Foam Party!

  5. #185
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    37
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    Lincecum's going back into the rotation.
    And that highlights the problem. It's not a matter of intentions, as the results can end that move very abruptly, and they quickly find themselves back where they are now. Reghetti and Gardner proved they had zero control over Timmy for the entire year. Zero, as in none! His success as a reliever wasn't constructed, but more of a stroke of luck by the grace of the ball gods. They had run out of options and really had no idea what else to do with him. I think we all know that throwing him back into rotation offers very little in the way of any kind of guarentee, if it even happens at all.

    I think Tim's play in the WS may have redeemed some of whatever value he carried into the 2012 season. From a business perspective, see what his market value is now, because next year might not be so kind. Of course this whole post is moot, with an expected 22 mil payout this coming year, I imagine no one would even give him the time of day, let alone give up something for him.

    If Rags and Gardner cannot get control of him this winter, there will be no starting rotation, period. That I can see. I think there is a strong contingency that points to Timmy becoming a full time bullpenner. The question, in keeping with the current discussion, is how does that effect any possible deal with Affeldt? I think it may strengthen his chances as an early out for Timmy

  6. #186
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Andrew Luck's world
    Posts
    74,281
    vCash
    1500
    Giants are probably hoping that Lincecum re-dedicates himself in the offseason.. both to his conditioning and his mechanics. Maybe if he comes in better shape, and he fixes his impossible mechanics, we'll see more 93's than 89's.
    2014 Indianapolis Colts: Let's Hunt

    <3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

  7. #187
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    23,494
    vCash
    2500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetleaf View Post
    And that highlights the problem. It's not a matter of intentions, as the results can end that move very abruptly, and they quickly find themselves back where they are now. Reghetti and Gardner proved they had zero control over Timmy for the entire year. Zero, as in none! His success as a reliever wasn't constructed, but more of a stroke of luck by the grace of the ball gods. They had run out of options and really had no idea what else to do with him. I think we all know that throwing him back into rotation offers very little in the way of any kind of guarentee, if it even happens at all.

    I think Tim's play in the WS may have redeemed some of whatever value he carried into the 2012 season. From a business perspective, see what his market value is now, because next year might not be so kind. Of course this whole post is moot, with an expected 22 mil payout this coming year, I imagine no one would even give him the time of day, let alone give up something for him.

    If Rags and Gardner cannot get control of him this winter, there will be no starting rotation, period. That I can see. I think there is a strong contingency that points to Timmy becoming a full time bullpenner. The question, in keeping with the current discussion, is how does that effect any possible deal with Affeldt? I think it may strengthen his chances as an early out for Timmy
    Lincecum will not start the season in the bullpen next year. Lincecum's and Affeldt's situation will have no effect on each other. I'm 100% positive about that.
    Last edited by SFrush90; 11-03-2012 at 04:12 PM.


    Ariana Grande

  8. #188
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    37
    vCash
    1500
    Well, just so there is no confusion.. I'm pullin' for Timmy. A full recovery in 2013 would be a dream season. But there is a part of me that would be ok with letting his mechanics become someone else's headache for a while.

    And I think the ONLY way he gets a start next season is if Raghetti and Gardner agree to it. If they cannot gain complete 100% confidence in Timmy this winter, it won't happen. The same exact formula that got Bumgarner the start in game 2.

    Saying that Lincecum is guarenteed a spot in the starting line up next year is the same as saying Rags and Gardner will have complete and unconditional confidence in Tims abilities by then. Hope you are right, of course, but not sure I'd put my paycheck on it

    But, I do hear ya. At 22mil, I would be tempted to just throw him in as well.. I hope it don't go like that
    Last edited by Sweetleaf; 11-03-2012 at 04:22 PM.

  9. #189
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    23,494
    vCash
    2500
    He's just had one bad year and will be making 22M next season, I don't think they'll send him to the bullpen to start the year. Who knows, maybe if he continues to struggle during the season, but they'll for sure allow him some time at the beginning of the year to set things straight.


    Ariana Grande

  10. #190
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    37
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    He's just had one bad year and will be making 22M next season, I don't think they'll send him to the bullpen to start the year. Who knows, maybe if he continues to struggle during the season, but they'll for sure allow him some time at the beginning of the year to set things straight.
    I see no way to rep you on here, but rep+1 to ya

    Melky, man.. I sure would love to see him come back. And if he can play at the same caliber that he did on PED's, the booing stops before the all star break. Haha! I love Blanco, but not as a starting OF (all though, after this WS I start to wonder what I'm thinking...)

    Here's a thought, though... Second inning of game 2, Young hits a double that would carom oddly off the wall. Gregor overruns the carom and has to change directions to run it down. Greg Lemont sees this and waves Fielder to home plate. Well, the rest is history.

    Had Melky been there? Way different. Melky is slower and does not overrun the carom and picks it up the ball faster. With his reputation for OF assists, Lemont doesn't let the 300lb Fielder even look towards home plate. 1st and 3rd with no outs. Also, those diving catches blanco made? Melky plays one hoppers. You hope Melky's bat would even things out, but they pitched pretty well...

    I hope he does come back, but even though the result may have been the same, the series is WAY different with him there. So, I am glad he wasn't invited

  11. #191
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    14,057
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    It's funny how so many of us weren't too happy with the amount of money Sabean invested in LOOGY's last offseason, and now most of those same people are ready to pay whatever it takes to retain Affeldt.

    I'm hoping for no sentimental/emotional signings this offseason. Pay a guy what he's worth moving forward, and if it's not good enough let him walk. The core members of this team are already in place, and I'd have to think that free agents are becoming less wary of signing with the Giants after their recent successes.
    My thoughts exactly! Affeldt is good but not one that can't be replaced. People saying he is the #1 priority is just ridiculous and obviously too emotionally involved. No way I would go 3 years or past $5 million annually.

    Would you trust a blind scout? Of course you wouldn't but that's what you do when you simply go by stats
    Splifftone, OptiskeptSF and Ciaban have a lot in common

  12. #192
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Donating blood: Red and Gold+
    Posts
    30,189
    vCash
    9165
    lol don't quote it as if I said it, I didn't write that article.


    Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

    lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana


    Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

  13. #193
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Donating blood: Red and Gold+
    Posts
    30,189
    vCash
    9165
    Quote Originally Posted by RTL View Post
    My thoughts exactly! Affeldt is good but not one that can't be replaced. People saying he is the #1 priority is just ridiculous and obviously too emotionally involved. No way I would go 3 years or past $5 million annually.
    Who says Affeldt is the number 1 priority? I think we should make an effort to keep him, but he definitely isn't the top priority.


    Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

    lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana


    Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

  14. #194
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    23,494
    vCash
    2500
    You really need to form a habit of reading back a page if you missed what was posted .

    Giants-49ers-Ws said that.


    Ariana Grande

  15. #195
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Donating blood: Red and Gold+
    Posts
    30,189
    vCash
    9165
    lol sorry. You are right.


    Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

    lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana


    Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

Page 13 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •