Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Former Mets Who Now Have A Ring

Angel Pagan CF

Marco Scutaro 2B

Joaquin Arias 3B

Xavier Nady LF

vCash
    Only if we would have kept them all. We should trade Wright and bring in Arias. Also resign Pagan. The more world series rings on the team the better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    Only if we would have kept them all. We should trade Wright and bring in Arias. Also resign Pagan. The more world series rings on the team the better.
    a few congratulation posts was all I was expecting here but that is a funny way of seeing it.

Nady, Arias, Scutaro, and Pagan.. Plus guys like Theriot and Gregor Blanco were key in October...

Go figure

vCash
    Luis Castillo has a ring too. Let's bring him back.

Seriously, Pagan was my favorite player in 2010. Loved X-Man in 2006, indifferent on Arias (Part of the elusive 2009 squad), and Scuatro is far removed from being a Met...but good for him.

Hopefully the list of Mets who have won a WS includes people who play in Flushing within the coming years.

www.DailyStache.net You Gotta Believe
    R.I.P UAPeople

vCash
    Congrats to them.

....but again that team won because of their dominant pitching from starters to pen arms.

Jeremy Effeldt just made himself a **** load of money again and well my dream of the Mets getting him has been erased.

vCash
    Let's sign Brian Scallabrine, I heard he has some kind of world championship ring.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
    a few congratulation posts was all I was expecting here but that is a funny way of seeing it.

Nady, Arias, Scutaro, and Pagan.. Plus guys like Theriot and Gregor Blanco were key in October...

Go figure
    I bet you Josh Thole can't wait to be traded so he can get a ring too.

Then again, doesn't Andres Torres have a ring too?
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    I bet you Josh Thole can't wait to be traded so he can get a ring too.

Then again, doesn't Andres Torres have a ring too?
    Yep and so does Ramon Ramirez.

****** players sometimes have great timing.
    Last edited by metswon69; 10-29-2012 at 02:51 PM.

vCash
    Jason Bay will latch on somewhere and get his too

vCash

Former Mets Who Now Have A Ring

I was at the game where Scutaro had his first mlb hit. I still remember it.. Pinch hit triple down the left field line. My 9-year old self thought he would be a star for the Mets

If You Ain't Huckin, You Ain't ****in

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsrock229 View Post
    I was at the game where Scutaro had his first mlb hit. I still remember it.. Pinch hit triple down the left field line. My 9-year old self thought he would be a star for the Mets
    I'm impressed.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    The Mets definitely should have been more patient, he put up some great numbers in AAA. He's a nice defender too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsrock229 View Post
    LOL!!!! Turns out in his third major league game, he hit a pinch hit triple that knocked in two runs. But then he was caught trying to steal home, my guess on a double steal.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/bo...00207220.shtml

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    LOL!!!! Turns out in his third major league game, he hit a pinch hit triple that knocked in two runs. But then he was caught trying to steal home, my guess on a double steal.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/bo...00207220.shtml
    That's Mets baseball for ya.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    The Mets definitely should have been more patient, he put up some great numbers in AAA. He's a nice defender too.
    They just let him go on waivers because hell, they had such a backlog of middle infielders back then, from the under-performing Alomar, the no-hit Ordonez, and the fading Alfonzo.

Yep.

That said, the guy was 27 years old and hit .214 in 2003. Hard to fault them.
    Last edited by fanofclendennon; 10-29-2012 at 03:14 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast