Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Original asking price for James Harden

Presti was asking originally for Martin, Lamb, Parsons and three first round picks, including the Rockets own.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--in...3Rpb25z;_ylv=3

your thoughts?
    CALVIN ABUEVA

BEAST MODE: ON

vCash
    I would have been totally fine if Morey had given up the third pick and completely pissed if they dealt Parsons. Parsons is never going to be a great player, but he has the makings of a great role player and the potential of a 15/5/5 type guy with elite defense if he can become a more efficient scorer.

vCash
    You start high in negotiations, if you don't you're a sucker
    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
    - Arthur Schopenauer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theheatles View Post
    i know but just be able to trim it to just Lamb, Martin and two first round pick was great for Morey and the Rockets.

i am just wondering why didn't OKC asked a bit more from Houston maybe any from Patterson, Jones, Motiejunas or White?

Morey was badly looking for a star and i think is willing to give a bit more for Harden. Presti could have milked it a bit.
    CALVIN ABUEVA

BEAST MODE: ON

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eternal slumber View Post
    i know but just be able to trim it to just Lamb, Martin and two first round pick was great for Morey and the Rockets.

i am just wondering why didn't OKC asked a bit more from Houston maybe any from Patterson, Jones, Motiejunas or White?

Morey was badly looking for a star and i think is willing to give a bit more for Harden. Presti could have milked it a bit.
    Not that big of a difference. I don't know how many rookies the Thunder really want - most teams seem to feel that 2 is about what they can handle developing at a time.

vCash
    Like J Lin, I dont see Harden living up to the Rockets expectations. He used to playing mostly against second unit guys. i dont think he is worth that kind of money.

vCash
    Even if he underperforms this year, the HOU GM should get EOY. If the Lakers get it because Dwight is a baby, that would be a sad day.
    Made by KnicksR4Real

Quote Originally Posted by GregOdenBust View Post
    Oh now everyone agrees that we should of drafted Lillard over Waiters What did I say before? Waiter is a bust not a stud and he will NEVER live up to the 4th pick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse2272 View Post
    irving must die

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CavsYanksDuke View Post
    Even if he underperforms this year, the HOU GM should get EOY. If the Lakers get it because Dwight is a baby, that would be a sad day.
    lol that doesn't mean anything.

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theheatles View Post
    This.

OKC got a good deal for a career 12 points per game scorer asking for the max.
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    This.

Why mention the career rates? Would it be a bad deal if he were a 20ppg scorer?
    Yo Kobe, get at me bro, we'd have a good time, man

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JesusWears24 View Post
    Like J Lin, I dont see Harden living up to the Rockets expectations. He used to playing mostly against second unit guys. i dont think he is worth that kind of money.
    I guess you do more posting than watching basketball...

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    This.

So you wouldn't trade Martin, #12 pick, mid 20's pick and likely #12-#15 pick for a #3 pick who has already lived up to a top three pick that's just 23 years old about to enter his prime and is likely going to get better. Im glad you're not a GM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    That kid is just a troll. He's just upset that the rockets have spent all this money trying to buy a championship and they're still not as good as the Mavs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Starks View Post
    I'd rather have Kawhi Leonard....T Ross.... Aaron Afflalo..... Lance Stephenson....Bradley Beal....Wes Matthews....*

All over Harden. Easy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JesusWears24 View Post

This.

What does that have to do with anything? You're basing that pointless stat on a three-season sample size for a 23-year-old player. And your stat completely fails to recognize that Harden was second in EFG% and TS% last year and fourth in WS/48. He's also coming off of a 16/4/4 season playing only 31 minutes a game with only a 21.6 USG%. And then there's the fact that he was the 6th man of the year and he was chosen to play for Team USA in the Olympics.

When you break it down, Harden was easily the third best SG in the NBA last season, he's easily one of the 10 best wings in the league and a top 20-25 player in the NBA. If he's not worth a max contract, what is the cutoff for a max contract?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Why mention the career rates? Would it be a bad deal if he were a 20ppg scorer?
    Quote Originally Posted by AmsterNat View Post
    How unsurprising. Dude, give up trying to argue with valade. He cut you into little pieces, had you for breakfast, and shat you out.
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Valade you have totally owned this thread. Well done
    My fanbase is growing.

vCash
    i personally thought the rockets couldve have gotten by with just giving up the toronto pick, lamb, martin, and the second. i dont think any other team could have matched that offer. if so, id like to know what it wouldve been.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast