Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JdKing7 View Post
    Although im not entirely on board with Hamilton coming to the Yankees, because It would kill us halfway through the contract, this team defiantly needs some new faces in the lineup. This all or nothing stuff has been the death of the Yankees in the post season. Yeah homeruns are great and all and fans love it but the only thing us Yankee fans love is winning the world series. Anything short of that is a major dissappointment and the sky seems like it falling. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Thats what comes to mind with the way this yankee team is set up. We can't keep going into the post season with pull happy home run swinging hitter that we currently have to these ludacrious contracts. Unfortunately, it seems that it is the current trend with everyone to come here. I believe we need more players that can play small ball that can steal bases and do little things like bunt the runners over into scoring position. We also need people who use the whole feel instead of aiming for the short porch in right. We need a right hander that will take pitch and hit it to right centerfield with a runner on first and move him to third.Enough with these homeruns happy players who seem to think that its the only excitig thing about the game of baseball. To me its exciting to see the game played right.
    Wonderfully stated.

This swing for the fences mentality has beaten us time and time and time again since 2002.

And yet we keep employing the same formula expecting success against superior competition and structured rotations every October.

Heck, we wouldn't have even won in '09 if ARod hadn't employed this very formula.

Cashman needs to think production vs power and dump Swisher (if possible, Cano as well).

And so, a new era begins.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    Wonderfully stated.

This swing for the fences mentality has beaten us time and time and time again since 2002.

And yet we keep employing the same formula expecting success against superior competition and structured rotations every October.

Heck, we wouldn't have even won in '09 if ARod hadn't employed this very formula.

Cashman needs to think production vs power and dump Swisher (if possible, Cano as well).
    Swisher defiantly needs to hit the road but I'd hate to see Cano go despite his terrible postseason performance. He's one of the very few yankees that actuAlly hits to all fields.

vCash
    I really like Cano, but he is the laziest bum on the team. Can anyone imagine what type of player he would be if he had the same heart that Jeter has? He and BJ Upton are, I think, the two biggest wasters of natural talent I have seen in a long time.

vCash

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
    You don't know that definitively. Stop trying to think rationally.

Baseball is a show business bring in the best if you want to bethe best.

Hamilton to me is the best available and we need outfield.

He would kill it in Yankee Stadium

The boss would do this. We need to make some big moves.

All big moves. Steal the spot light. I hate seeing other teams win.
    Good thing you're not a Cleveland anything fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
    Stop trying to think rationally.
    Of course, thinking irrationally is always more productive

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PJO34 View Post
    I really like Cano, but he is the laziest bum on the team. Can anyone imagine what type of player he would be if he had the same heart that Jeter has? He and BJ Upton are, I think, the two biggest wasters of natural talent I have seen in a long time.
    If Cano had Jeter's heart he'd be worth fifty million a year.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234