Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Lol. Josh Hamilton
    FC Bayern Munchen

New York Yankees

45-44

G: 78 | AVG: .269 | HR: 2| RBI: 24 | OBP: .321 | SLG: .323 | wOBA: .291 | wRC: 79

vCash
    in all honesty i would like to see the remainder of the core retire with grace and rebuild... build a team around the good pieces left, cano,cc etc... time to ship the swing for the fence doctor as well and get a hitting coach who knows a little something about contact hitting... this team historically swings for the fences and swings and misses way too much... give me a team ba of .280 and see how many games are won...

vCash
    there are many teams id like to see win a WS

we need to lower payroll and miss the post season for a year or 2 to make this team better, going all out to make payroll worse just to win next year is the worst thing this team could do, cause then after next year we will see a lot of *****ing about this team not being good in a year or 2 because they are old and cant make trades etc etc.

vCash
    i'd like to see the rebuild and a few years of man we almost made it to the post season... give some damn drive to the franchise, rather then the oh we expect to be in the playoffs attitude... quit worrying so much about the clean shaven and PC aspect of the game and just frigging kick some ***** again...

vCash
    i agree the clean shave its got to go, hair is manly, this corporate atmosphere is taking out the fun out of this team, they need to lower prices, let real fans in, and let players have their own individual personality, they dont work in an office they are athletes, they dont need to be clean cut.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
    I'm tired of seeing other teams win. I want another WS championship in NY.

Screw sportsmanship Im not congratulating anyone.

Let's get a WS in 2013 and have everyone jealous of us again.

Do anything to win one last time before Jeter, Andy, and Mo are done.

The quest for 28 starts now. Go get Josh Hamilton

Make a f--cking statement.
    Remember when we made that statement last year by trading Montero for Pineda, good times, good times.

Welcome to KC, Miss Kacie!

vCash
    You don't know that definitively. Stop trying to think rationally.

Baseball is a show business bring in the best if you want to bethe best.

Hamilton to me is the best available and we need outfield.

He would kill it in Yankee Stadium

The boss would do this. We need to make some big moves.

All big moves. Steal the spot light. I hate seeing other teams win.
    Exactly what big name did the Giants bring in during the offseason?

vCash
    As long as he wins us a WS I don't care what he does down the line. It's why I'm not an Arod hater.

Yankees have money. Spend it on a 5 star player like Josh. He was beloved in the 08 ASG.
    You know what's ironic, Swisher won us a World Series in 09 and you want him gone.

vCash
    Last year I wanted Beltran here and many apologists were like blah blah blah injuries injuries his knee blah blah blanh without looking at how good of a fit on a two year discounted deal he would have been. Switch hitter amazingly clutch.

Brining back Swisher was a mistake. We should have gone after Beltran but that ship has said.

Go out and correct that wrong. Acquire Josh Hamilton. He can bring us into the WS given what we have.

He's a natural talent, he will produce, he's the missing piece do not let him go to some random team like the Brewers.
    Exactly

vCash
    So in summary, you want us to make a move for making a move. Waste our money on something we don't need and yet you say you respect anyone that wins us a World Series, yet you want Swisher gone? Just remember Game 3 of that Series where Swish won us that game.

And while we are at it I am on the IPod so that's why so many post and not one big post.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jd25213 View Post
    You know what's ironic, Swisher won us a World Series in 09 and you want him gone.
    Swisher hit .128 in the 2009 postseason. Please explain how he "won" us the World Series
    He was 2 for 15 in World Series play (.133). He had nothing to do with winning the WS. At all.
    Last edited by JobaRules26; 10-29-2012 at 11:12 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JobaRules26 View Post
    Swisher hit .128 in the 2009 postseason. Please explain how he "won" us the World Series

Arod was the main reason, buddy.
    Game 3, not the whole series, but he came up big after Andy started off horribly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jd25213 View Post
    Game 3, not the whole series, but he came up big after Andy started off horribly.
    He hit a go-ahead HR that was nullified in the bottom half. Matsui's HR in the 8th sealed the deal. Swisher, for the most part, has been irrelevent as a Yankee. Better off with Ichiro or Chris Dickerson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JobaRules26 View Post
    He hit a go-ahead HR that was nullified in the bottom half. Matsui's HR in the 8th sealed the deal. Swisher, for the most part, has been irrelevent as a Yankee. Better off with Ichiro or Chris Dickerson.
    He also hit a double that scored a run I think, but I never said he single-handily won us the Series, that he helped win us a Series.

vCash
    Im not real big on Hamilton, unless its a 4 year deal. If rebuilding is whats needed then do it now. Sure we will suck for a few years but if it helps get us younger and more athletic im all for it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast