Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Who will come out of the West?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lakers (I had them coming out of the West even if OKC had Harden)

    8 28.57%
  • Still the Thunder

    11 39.29%
  • Lakers (only because Harden is gone)

    2 7.14%
  • Spurs

    1 3.57%
  • Clippers

    1 3.57%
  • Nuggets

    5 17.86%
  • Others

    0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    4,318
    vCash
    1500

    Now that OKC traded James Harden...

    Who do you think comes out of the west and represents them in the finals?
    Lakers
    Clippers
    Spurs
    Denver
    Other?

    Poll Options are

    Lakers and I had them coming out of the west even if OKC had harden
    Still the Thunder
    Lakers only because of harden gone
    Spurs
    Clippers
    Nuggets
    Other?

    Can a mod please post the poll please I forgot!
    Last edited by LoveMeOrHateMe; 10-29-2012 at 12:35 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,800
    vCash
    1500
    i'll stick with my summer pick of the clippers

    #TapeTwoOne....Oh Gawd

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    35,543
    vCash
    0
    1. Lakers
    2. OKC
    3. Spurs

    My rankings haven't changed at all.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    23,633
    vCash
    2502
    Why can't the Thunder still be an option to come out of the West? They're the reigning conference champs, they still have two of the 10 best players in the NBA and are a damn solid defensive team. I think the Harden loss really hurts, but I also think Durant, Westbrook and Ibaka will mature even further this season and become better players.

    Do I think they'll necessarily come out of the West? I still think it's probably between them and the Lakers. But I certainly wouldn't count them out.


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    58,641
    vCash
    1500
    the Thunder should be an option, but they are no longer favorites over the Lakers imo.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    4,318
    vCash
    1500
    You guys are right I forgot to add them but yes they are still an option

    Love him or hate him, call him overrated, a punk, chump, and whatever blasphemy you people speak, fact of the matter is there is no denying he's the best of his generation and will go down as a top 5 player ever...what he has done for the NBA is amazing he's the biggest name in basketball all around the world and his chase for number 6 continues! All that matters though to us Laker fans is #17! Lakersnation! #16to17

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    My Happy Place
    Posts
    11,309
    vCash
    1500
    OKC will still be a threat and one of the best teams in the west, but after that trade, their no longer the favorites.

    1. Lakers
    2. Spurs
    3. OKC
    4. Clippers
    5. Nuggets

    my top 5 anyway.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    There
    Posts
    8,227
    vCash
    1500
    Houston. Harden's beard will carry them to the top seed and thru the playoffs.


    Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.


    Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    28,953
    vCash
    1500
    I'm still going to show KD and Russy respect, and I think they'll still finish with the best record. The Lakers might be a 3rd seed and I'd be fine with that, just as long as we're clicking toward the end. I expect a slow start, the implementation of the new offense is not going very quickly due to injuries (first Dwight then Kobe).

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Posts
    29,672
    vCash
    1500
    Teams to likely come out of the West and make the Finals, IMO:

    1. Lakers
    2. Thunder
    3. Spurs
    4. Clippers
    5. Nuggets

    Western Conference standings as of right now post trade, IMO:

    1. Lakers
    2. Clippers
    3. Thunder
    4. Spurs
    5. Nuggets
    6. Grizzlies
    7. Utah
    8. Golden State
    __
    9. Houston

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    23,633
    vCash
    2502
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    the Thunder should be an option, but they are no longer favorites over the Lakers imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by JNA17 View Post
    OKC will still be a threat and one of the best teams in the west, but after that trade, their no longer the favorites.

    1. Lakers
    2. Spurs
    3. OKC
    4. Clippers
    5. Nuggets

    my top 5 anyway.
    I'd like to see the Lakers play a game first before I crown them. Kobe is not the same player he was five years ago, I want to see how the backcourt works in reality and not on paper, and I want to see how Dwight handles a decreased role in the offense.

    Do they have the most talent on paper? Most definitely. But there are numerous examples of teams in this league that have been insanely talented on paper that went on to lose to inferior teams with more experience. As crazy as it sounds, the Thunder are the more seasoned team in a lot of ways.


  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    3,876
    vCash
    1500
    kevin martin will get plenty of touches with westbrook and durant. theyll be fine. not trying to be a homer, but i seriously believe my Lakers are going all the way, you can never go against your team!
    Unleash the Mamba!


  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Chavez Ravine
    Posts
    1,805
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Who do you think comes out of the west and represents them in the finals?
    Lakers
    Clippers
    Spurs
    Denver
    Other?

    Poll Options are

    Lakers and I had them coming out of the west even if OKC had harden
    Still the Thunder
    Lakers only because of harden gone
    Spurs
    Clippers
    Nuggets
    Other?

    Can a mod please post the poll please I forgot!
    You said Lakers and you had them before the Rockets trade and then you say Lakers only because Harde is gone??? WTF? u high?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,841
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. LA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Who do you think comes out of the west and represents them in the finals?
    Lakers
    Clippers
    Spurs
    Denver
    Other?

    Poll Options are

    Lakers and I had them coming out of the west even if OKC had harden
    Still the Thunder
    Lakers only because of harden gone
    Spurs
    Clippers
    Nuggets
    Other?

    Can a mod please post the poll please I forgot!
    You said Lakers and you had them before the Rockets trade and then you say Lakers only because Harde is gone??? WTF? u high?

    You might want to read that again Sherlock. An this time "concentrate". Lol

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    4,318
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. LA View Post
    You said Lakers and you had them before the Rockets trade and then you say Lakers only because Harde is gone??? WTF? u high?

    Read it again, maybe you're the one that's high

    Love him or hate him, call him overrated, a punk, chump, and whatever blasphemy you people speak, fact of the matter is there is no denying he's the best of his generation and will go down as a top 5 player ever...what he has done for the NBA is amazing he's the biggest name in basketball all around the world and his chase for number 6 continues! All that matters though to us Laker fans is #17! Lakersnation! #16to17

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •