Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Was this year a failure?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 38.71%
  • No

19 61.29%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Yes. Grated, the Tigers had a nice playoff run, but there were big expectations to begin with. I was thrilled to be in the World Series, but to get swept was just embarrassing. That team just looked happy to be there. If the hought the good fight and lost in 6 or 7, I probably would have been content.

vCash
    No! Not a failure at all. We made the world series! How many other teams did that. Our coaching was an epic failure! Please GOD let Leyland and Lamont retire!

The only negatives I saw this year were:

1. Our closer was not good
    2. Brookens was the best coach on our team
    3. We had many bad streaks
    4. Bosche stunk it up
    5. Leyland fingers Rayburn
    6. Our team just never seemed to Jell
    7. When the TV crews would show the Tigers Dugout in the WS, we looked uninterested and no emotion.
    "If a, would a, could a, should a, Lived on Maybe street, the street that never was"....Rad Alger

vCash
    I'm saying NO. In my opinion we over achived. We had such an inconsistant season . In the end we were lucky the W/sox fell apart. We had3-4 guys that hit all season. Our pitching including the bullpen was up and down.Our defense was sad. We had a good team but NOT a WS championship team. Thats a fact! We did in this series what we have done all season.
    Of course I wanted to win it all. But to say it was a failure? Nah. We ran into a team that was down 2-0 and 3-1 against St Louis. They pitched their tails off and hit when they had to. We got beat by the best .
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StriveGreatness View Post
    How can anyone say no? Anything but a World Title is a failure. ALCS and division titles mean NOTHING.
    Anyone who watched this team all year and says this season was a disappointment need to have their heads examined. This team overachieved this season. For most of the year it looked like we weren't going to win the worst division in the American League. It's obvious that this team was over hyped from the beginning of the season and that it has plenty of holes that need fixing in the offseason (closer and shortstop immediately jump to mind). If you had told most Tigers fans in mid-august that we would make the world series they would have told you that you were crazy. Now all of a sudden we're incensed that we didn't win it all? Just because expectations were sky high for this team at the beginning of the year doesn't mean they were realistic.

vCash
    Win or lose, you true Tigers fans have nothing to lower your heads over.

The Tigers, as with many other teams, played fantastic baseball this year. Obviously, only one team can capture the Championship Title. However, that does not cast a shadow over the many teams and players, whom played their hearts out.

Perhaps, it's easily stated, as this old timer celebrates the Giants' victory . . . But I have always supported my team through 4+ decades of ups and downs. The shared good memories alone are worth the roll coaster rides of emotion and disappointment.

I trust you folks enjoyed a fantastic 2012 season and continue to support your Tigers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StriveGreatness View Post
    How can anyone say no? Anything but a World Title is a failure. ALCS and division titles mean NOTHING.
    Easy. The roster was talented, but extremely flawed. They came into the year with terrible infield defense, no DH, no corner OFs, no 2B. The back end of the bullpen turned itself into a problem area down the stretch and into the playoffs. Yet, they still got to the World Series behind the strength of the starting pitching. The ending sucked and was very frustrating. But, I can't call the season a failure because they had a hitting slump for 4 games against a good pitching staff.

vCash
    Was it failure, I'd have to say no but it sure was a roller coaster ride. We sucked often during the season, we hit our stride in the playoff's, and then hit a wall in the World Series. Beats the hell out of being an Astro's or Pirates fan (although I must confess that I am a NL Pirate fan.....hate most other NL teams). One other good thing that came out of this season is the fact that we made a run and profit in the playoff/world series so instead of cutting a bunch of money (like we would have had to do if we missed the playoffs) we can remain the same or up the payroll a bit.

vCash
    Anytime you don't reach your goals, it is disappointing. We come into the season with the intent of getting a world series ring. We ended our season with a loss. We failed

vCash
    I am disppointed in the way we went out. I am disappointed in the fact that the Tigers seemed to coast the first half of the season as if the division was theirs.

I am proud of the fact that they got it done down the stretch and made it to the series.

Overall, I won't say failure, but the way the played in the series was laughable and embarrassing.

vCash
    For the love of god and all that is holy, how can making a WS be considered a failure?

C'Mon. Seriously.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekker View Post
    Anytime you don't reach your goals, it is disappointing. We come into the season with the intent of getting a world series ring. We ended our season with a loss. We failed
    This team wasn't good enough to win the world series. We got spanked by a team that was way more balanced than ours and they beat us, plain and simple. If you can honestly say to yourself that the 2012 Detroit Tigers were the best team in baseball this past season, then yes, the season was a failure. I for one, however, was shocked that a team that had one of the worst defenses in the league as well as one of the most inefficient 5-9 holes made it to the world series. I was somewhat resigned to the fact that this team wouldn't even make the playoffs during most of the last month of the regular season.

It became apparent a few months into the year that the preseason expectations for this team were too high. Before the seasons started, everyone new we would have a crap defense and lack speed. We also new there were questions about the bottom of the order. But everyone was so jazzed about signing Prince that we didn't care. We were just going to bomb the hell out of everyone. Well guess what, that doesn't work. We ended up getting beat by a team that had everything we lacked and that we didn't seem to care much about at the beginning of the year. To call this season a failure is ridiculous. If we strengthen the defense, add a little more speed and take some steps to sure up the back end of the order and we still come up short, then we can start talking about failure.

vCash
    I had a thought about this earlier, and I'm curious from a neutral standpoint, but if given the two options of A) Losing the World Series, or B) a complete do-over from day 1, which option would you guys choose?

Getting to, and losing, in the World Series is a pretty impressive season, we did better than 29 other teams. Only 1 team had a better year.

On the other hand, a complete do-over means anything could happen, including a complete choke job and missing the playoffs, career ending injuries, or, well winning it all.

Option A sounds pretty decent

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattpaw24 View Post
    This team wasn't good enough to win the world series. We got spanked by a team that was way more balanced than ours and they beat us, plain and simple. If you can honestly say to yourself that the 2012 Detroit Tigers were the best team in baseball this past season, then yes, the season was a failure. I for one, however, was shocked that a team that had one of the worst defenses in the league as well as one of the most inefficient 5-9 holes made it to the world series. I was somewhat resigned to the fact that this team wouldn't even make the playoffs during most of the last month of the regular season.

It became apparent a few months into the year that the preseason expectations for this team were too high. Before the seasons started, everyone new we would have a crap defense and lack speed. We also new there were questions about the bottom of the order. But everyone was so jazzed about signing Prince that we didn't care. We were just going to bomb the hell out of everyone. Well guess what, that doesn't work. We ended up getting beat by a team that had everything we lacked and that we didn't seem to care much about at the beginning of the year. To call this season a failure is ridiculous. If we strengthen the defense, add a little more speed and take some steps to sure up the back end of the order and we still come up short, then we can start talking about failure.
    So we should be happy we got the opportunity to get spanked in the world series?

vCash
    So we should be happy we got the opportunity to get spanked in the world series?
    Yes.

vCash
    Oh hell yes. If we didn't make the WS we would be rioting and calling for Leyland's head.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast