Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Was this year a failure?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 38.71%
  • No

19 61.29%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    No

vCash
    oh boy, looks like I missed the fun in here yesterday. Did they make love to get rid of the forum sexual tension yet?
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    oh boy, looks like I missed the fun in here yesterday. Did they make love to get rid of the forum sexual tension yet?
    Yeah I missed it too

Quote Originally Posted by Dekker View Post
    So we should be grateful we even got the world series, because really we weren't really any good. We didn't win, others teams lost? I mean thats what espn said about the yankee series and you guys *****ed and moaned, but now that we're on the "I'm thankful for ___" swing, we have to be thankful that we even made the playoffs. I should probably avoid this thread because it pisses me the hell off
    I understand how the line of thought can be different. I'm on the side of being happy to have gotten as far as we did. I mean it's not like HAPPY we lost in the WS, especially in the manner we did, but I'd rather get there than be the 28 other teams that couldn't even do that. I also understand the "2nd place is 1st loser" mantra. The goal every year is to win it all so if you don't win it all you failed, I understand that concept, so based on it sure we failed. Personally though, I'll take a WS appearance over a do-over.

vCash
    I just feel like we're a bunch of lions fans or have the same concept of tigers fans 20 years ago when we say at least we got there. this team is stacked with stars, we pour in money, and sure we have our holes and didn't play up to expectations in the regular season, but that doesn't matter when its october. If the tigers are happy with losing the world series, they are accepting the fact that they are losers.

vCash
    So you prefer not making the post season over getting swept in the WS?
    Rod Allen Soundboard

Me and MTM

vCash
    Not sure where you got that from. All I'm saying is, we've been a good team for a while now. We have the stars. We have the support from ownership and management. Why are we settling for a post season appearance? We're better than that, or at least we should be. And if we're not, that's unacceptable; but we still shouldn't be content on winning a division. I just don't get that. And I guess I'm standing alone. If you guys want to settle for less than best, go ahead. I don't understand the way you watch baseball but I guess that's ok. We're just at the point, and we have been for a while, that we aren't the kansas city royals anymore. We don't have losing seasons consecutively. We don't have the glass ceiling over our heads to prevent payroll from going up or having FA sign here that (obviously, by the way we get big name free agents the last 6-7 years). In 2006, I was fine with a world series appearance. It was progress. We could remember vividly losing 119 games in a single season. But we're not the 2006 underdogs anymore. Take it with a grain of salt, but when you look at the odds in vegas, we're the team to beat. Pick up a copy of MLB the show, and we have a top ranked team. We are nationally recognized as a threat and as one of the best teams in the American League and we've been in the postseason the last 2 years now. We've been around as a good team the last 8 years now. I can't settle for being a good team anymore. I want to win it all. Everyone wants to win it all, but i'm not going to find consolation if we don't. I'm going to be bitter. That's the mentality I've had through my baseball career and it made my teams and myself successful. And I'm not going to adjust my attitude when we have a top caliber team.

vCash
    But we weren't better then that this year and no one is settling on a post season appearance. You can't call a season a failure when we made the WS.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

Me and MTM

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekker View Post
    I just feel like we're a bunch of lions fans or have the same concept of tigers fans 20 years ago when we say at least we got there. this team is stacked with stars, we pour in money, and sure we have our holes and didn't play up to expectations in the regular season, but that doesn't matter when its october. If the tigers are happy with losing the world series, they are accepting the fact that they are losers.
    Stacked with stars? Other than Cabrera, Fielder and Verlander who are the other stars you are referring to? Jackson? I wouldn't call him a star. A good player . But after that average or below average players. Most of you complained about them all season long.
    We got lucky when the White Sox collapsed late just like we did a few years ago and the Twins came back from 7 games down.
    I doubt the Tigers are happy with not winning the WS. But to call it a failure is crazy. We had our shot and didn't get it done. We were still better than 29 other teams.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

vCash
    I could argue this till the day I die, but you guys see it your way, and I see it mine. In my opinion, the lack of success equals failure. We had some successes, but we failed when it mattered most. I'm done here

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234