Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Was this year a failure?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 38.71%
  • No

19 61.29%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Its cool that we got to the world series. But it isn't enough. ****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekker View Post
    Its cool that we got to the world series. But it isn't enough. ****
    I mean, yea, it wasn't enough in the sense that we're after more than an American League pennant. It's not something the organization or us as fans should be satisfied with, but considering the issues this team had I think it's silly to call the season a failure.

vCash
    then blame it on the issues we had. Guys went down, guys never produced, Valverde is an idiot, whatever issues we had. Its still a failure. The new york yankees consider this year a failure. Why? They didn't win the world series. Whats the difference between us and them? $10-15 million on payroll

vCash
    I think you should try $70 mill of payroll.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

vCash
    Tigers won their division, won in the ALCS, won in the ALDS, and got swept in the WS. I can't see how you can call a season a failure when you make the WS. It doesn't make any sense.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

Me and MTM

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    Tigers won their division, won in the ALCS, won in the ALDS, and got swept in the WS. I can't see how you can call a season a failure when you make the WS. It doesn't make any sense.
    Exactly ahodo.

WS Winner deserves an A+
    WS Loser deserves an A
    Anyone who appeared in the playoffs and/or reached 90 wins deserves an A-

vCash
    Some people are just never happy.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

vCash
    Sorry guys. I'm greedy as hell. Biggest slice of pizza? Mine. Only a few more beers in the fridge? Those are mine too. Last game of the season? We better ****ing win it

vCash
    Hey Dekker, there are a lot of teams that won their final game of the season. The only difference is, there's was in early October and ours was in late October.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

Me and MTM

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    Hey Dekker, there are a lot of teams that won their final game of the season. The only difference is, there's was in early October and ours was in late October.
    hahaha you guys

vCash
    Not a disappointment for a beer league softball team to make it to the WS and lose to a well rounded baseball team.

I have never seen so many slow footed DHs on one team in my life...Delmon in LF, yep a DH...Boesch in RF, yep a DH...Cabrera at 3B, not a DH, but better suited for 1B...Peralta at SS, is at best suited for 3B but in my opinion on this team a DH, Raburn at the beginning of the season at 2B, a DH because he cannot play defense anywhere...Fielder at 1B displacing a gold glove candidate someday at first in Cabrera, oh hell yes a DH.

The fact that we made it to the WS in the first place is a miracle...realistically, Oakland should have been there...but we have Verlander...hahahahahahahahaha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by T $$$ View Post
    The fact that we made it to the WS in the first place is a miracle...realistically, Oakland should have been there...but we have Verlander...hahahahahahahahaha
    Agreed! Think about how lucky we were just to get to the WS. W/Sox collapsed, giving us the division. Rangers collapsed and bowed out in the wildcard game. Tigers used the home field scheduling conflict to full advantage vs Oakland, then Verlander won it himself in game 5. The hapless Yankees fell in our lap, in an absolute disarray. It looked like we were rolling but it was an illusion, we were still in full fledged stumble mode.

vCash
    Agreed! Think about how lucky we were just to get to the WS. W/Sox collapsed, giving us the division. Rangers collapsed and bowed out in the wildcard game. Tigers used the home field scheduling conflict to full advantage vs Oakland, then Verlander won it himself in game 5. The hapless Yankees fell in our lap, in an absolute disarray. It looked like we were rolling but it was an illusion, we were still in full fledged stumble mode.
    Plus the Angels and Rays didn't even make the playoffs. There were a lot of strong teams in the AL this year. It took some good luck and some good baseball to make it to the World Series. The Tigers made it and I don't think we should underrate that accomplishment.

vCash
    So we should be grateful we even got the world series, because really we weren't really any good. We didn't win, others teams lost? I mean thats what espn said about the yankee series and you guys *****ed and moaned, but now that we're on the "I'm thankful for ___" swing, we have to be thankful that we even made the playoffs. I should probably avoid this thread because it pisses me the hell off

vCash
    We were not one of the 5 best teams in the AL during the regular season so we were lucky to even make the playoffs, winning 2 series once we got there was a huge bonus.

16. 11-18-2012, 06:46 PM
    Reason
    trolling and response

17. 11-18-2012, 07:00 PM
    Reason
    trolling and response

18. 11-18-2012, 07:03 PM
    Reason
    trolling and response

19. 11-18-2012, 07:06 PM
    Reason
    trolling and response