Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    even if the yankees were in the world series it would have been a boring WS because this years yankees has been the most boring team ive watched in over 20 years
    I don't know, those 05 to 08 Yankees were pretty boring to watch.

vCash
    no way, we had a mess in the rotation but we had some great things in those years, the demise was in the post seasons, we had fights, we had rookies , we had joba fever, moose 20 games, sheffield and arod homers.

we had a crap of a rotation but there wasnt a doubt that we could win with those teams cause we were stacked and reliable offensively, we were competitive in the games. this year was such a year that you either knew we were winning a game or losing a game and the shocking come from behind wins were rare.

I never had any doubt from as early as late july that this team had no chance in the post season.

vCash
    no way, we had a mess in the rotation but we had some great things in those years, the demise was in the post seasons, we had fights, we had rookies , we had joba fever, moose 20 games, sheffield and arod homers.

we had a crap of a rotation but there wasnt a doubt that we could win with those teams cause we were stacked and reliable offensively, we were competitive in the games. this year was such a year that you either knew we were winning a game or losing a game and the shocking come from behind wins were rare.

I never had any doubt from as early as late july that this team had no chance in the post season.
    Ok Moose winning 20 was great to see and all the Yankee Stadium moments, but 08 was kind of boring to me since we missed the postseason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jd25213 View Post
    Ok Moose winning 20 was great to see and all the Yankee Stadium moments, but 08 was kind of boring to me since we missed the postseason.
    They had absolutely no pitching outside of Moose that year especially when Wang broke his foot in Houston. They wouldn't have gone far in the playoffs even if they snuck in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Clipper View Post
    They had absolutely no pitching outside of Moose that year especially when Wang broke his foot in Houston. They wouldn't have gone far in the playoffs even if they snuck in.
    That's why it was so boring, outside of Moose and the Stadium closing, there were no story lines.

vCash
    08 was great, final year of the stadium, the all star game, the 20 wins, following joba

vCash
    08 was great, final year of the stadium, the all star game, the 20 wins, following joba
    And I guess seeing the Rays do well was kind of cool (though they beat us), but the rest of the team was boring to watch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    Baseball has a major problem. Nobody cares.

I'm a baseball nut and watched about one total inning of the WS.

Dynasties and Big Names = Ratings. Not crapshoots and no names.
    I'm a baseball nut too and I basically had to force myself to watch because I like to get my baseball fix as much as possible before the season ends but man the WS was so boring.

That's something Selig and fans of other teams don't get. They all root for the little engine that could and then when they get the match they don't watch. Wasn't the Giants/Rangers WS a low rated WS as well?
    Friend: I think the NBA payed off the Heat in the first yr because of the politics. They threw game four and they payed Lebron because they were angry with what he did. So he had pay one way or another.

F:There is no one in the draft coming out and trading players isn't going to happen. The Lakers are in trouble.

F: Vogel doesn't run that team. Shaw does. If he leaves they are going to suck and Vogel will get fired.

-Heat fan

vCash
    Yea 08 wasn't boring it was just a bad yr.
    Friend: I think the NBA payed off the Heat in the first yr because of the politics. They threw game four and they payed Lebron because they were angry with what he did. So he had pay one way or another.

F:There is no one in the draft coming out and trading players isn't going to happen. The Lakers are in trouble.

F: Vogel doesn't run that team. Shaw does. If he leaves they are going to suck and Vogel will get fired.

-Heat fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCityofDreams View Post
    I'm a baseball nut too and I basically had to force myself to watch because I like to get my baseball fix as much as possible before the season ends but man the WS was so boring.

That's something Selig and fans of other teams don't get. They all root for the little engine that could and then when they get the match they don't watch. Wasn't the Giants/Rangers WS a low rated WS as well?
    I'm pretty sure the last 3 years were the lowest rated in some time. I'll bet this year was the worst.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Bummer. The Core Be No More.

vCash
    I honestly can't say whether this was the most boring World Series ever.

I didn't watch a single inning of it.

vCash
    I didnt watch 1 inning of this series. No desire to see a Giants-Tigers series but happy with the outcome. Bittersweet that Detroit got swept. Last years WS was epic though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    I honestly can't say whether this was the most boring World Series ever.

I didn't watch a single inning of it.
    How can you not?

The Yankees blood was all over in this World Series...

Dave Righetti, the former Yankee closer, Giants pitching coach
    Dick Tidrow, the formers Yankee setup man to Sparky Lyle and Goose Gossage, is now Vice President of Player Personnel
    Bob Quinn, the former Yankee GM
    Roberto Kelly, Bam Bam Hensley Meulens, Joe Lefebvre, former Yankee OFers....now Giant's coaches
    Fred Stanley, former Yankee SS, now Giants Director of Player Development
    Henry Cotto, former Yankee OF, now a Giants coach
    Brian Sabean, former Yankee GM

Lots of former Yankees with the Giants...

Quinn said they do it,the Yankees way....
    Nick

vCash
    even if the yankees were in the world series it would have been a boring WS because this years yankees has been the most boring team ive watched in over 20 years
    Sadly, I have to agree.

It was very hard to muster passion for this collection and I can't quite explain why. Part of it stems from my dislike of Cano, Swisher, and Gardner (can't quite explain that last one except that he inspires me with a 'who cares' mentality. He's certainly a good guy and has an upside but I just can't quite seem to muster anything resembling passion for him (and yes....I am aware he was a very very small cog this year but it's just mo).

And so, a new era begins.....

vCash
    now its basketball season my sig says it all and my giants are looking good 6-2 g-men run this was a good season but the world series was boring and i love baseball the division round was the best
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkeysuit View Post
    Rondo #1 PG in the league ...he has a ring to prove it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzbolt View Post
    Wall will win more and will be better then Irving Quote me.
    Quote Originally Posted by bearadonisdna View Post
    u can't build a franchise around lebron. Its been proven already. he can't attract players and has to follow to be matched up with talent.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast