Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 45
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Golden 1 Center
    Posts
    78,787
    vCash
    1500

    The Brandon Belt Thread

    We had one last year, and it worked pretty well so im bringing it back this year. He's constantly the main topic of conversation so post about Belt here instead of derailing other threads... not that cluttering other threads is as big of an issue as last year...
    #SuicideSquad

    Watching Grigson waste Andrew Luck's prime like:

    <3


    - He runs meetings like a coach. Basically, Im playing with a coordinator on the field. Hes a football God. He sees everything, and he sees the big picture of everything." - Frank Gore on Andrew Luck
    - "He is as smart as Peyton, as accurate as Brady, tougher than Ben and as athletic as RG3." - Anonymous Head Coach on Andrew Luck

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    29,052
    vCash
    2500
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    We had one last year, and it worked pretty well so im bringing it back this year. He's constantly the main topic of conversation so post about Belt here instead of derailing other threads... not that cluttering other threads is as big of an issue as last year...
    I think I remember it turning into a huge fight between sides.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Golden 1 Center
    Posts
    78,787
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    I think I remember it turning into a huge fight between sides.
    I'm talking about organization.
    #SuicideSquad

    Watching Grigson waste Andrew Luck's prime like:

    <3


    - He runs meetings like a coach. Basically, Im playing with a coordinator on the field. Hes a football God. He sees everything, and he sees the big picture of everything." - Frank Gore on Andrew Luck
    - "He is as smart as Peyton, as accurate as Brady, tougher than Ben and as athletic as RG3." - Anonymous Head Coach on Andrew Luck

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Modesto, CA
    Posts
    25,140
    vCash
    1500
    DFA Brandon, call up Brad.







  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    1,809
    vCash
    1500
    His inconsistency drives me nuts. Too many prolonged slumps.
    Today is the future that you have built (or neglected) yesterday.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    9,305
    vCash
    1500
    Agreed although he is by far our best option at first so hopefully he figures it out. I'm much more worried about our production in left.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Southeast Asia
    Posts
    2,288
    vCash
    1500
    I was really hoping to see Belt eventually round out to a Goldschmidt type of player. Though I'm not gonna give up on him yet, he doesn't exactly stir up a lot of confidence lately. He's quickly running out of all the benefits of doubt given him, and needs to show he can play at this level. At least last year he was walking some, this year it's way too many K's.

    This guy truly frustrates the hell outta me!
    "They throw the ball, I hit it. They hit the ball, I catch it." - Willie Mays

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    29,052
    vCash
    2500
    Quote Originally Posted by #24 View Post
    I was really hoping to see Belt eventually round out to a Goldschmidt type of player. Though I'm not gonna give up on him yet, he doesn't exactly stir up a lot of confidence lately. He's quickly running out of all the benefits of doubt given him, and needs to show he can play at this level. At least last year he was walking some, this year it's way too many K's.

    This guy truly frustrates the hell outta me!
    That's what I really don't like this year.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Binghamton
    Posts
    15,274
    vCash
    1500
    He has been impressing me recently, I hope he keeps it up.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Modesto, CA
    Posts
    25,140
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by #24 View Post
    I was really hoping to see Belt eventually round out to a Goldschmidt type of player. Though I'm not gonna give up on him yet, he doesn't exactly stir up a lot of confidence lately. He's quickly running out of all the benefits of doubt given him, and needs to show he can play at this level. At least last year he was walking some, this year it's way too many K's.

    This guy truly frustrates the hell outta me!
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    That's what I really don't like this year.
    It's very obvious that the organization has put a lot of pressure on Belt to be a more aggressive hitter. It's like they'd rather see him strike out than take a walk...







  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Modesto, CA
    Posts
    25,140
    vCash
    1500
    Agreed. The fact that nearly ever hitter they've developed is a total hacker. At some point, the organization may need a change of philosophy.

    (Cue a post telling me the Giants have won 2 rings and don't need to change anything...)







  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,976
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Leandres_sf View Post
    It's very obvious that the organization has put a lot of pressure on Belt to be a more aggressive hitter. It's like they'd rather see him strike out than take a walk...
    This. There's probably somewhere that tracks it so we could be sure, but I have a pretty good feeling he's swung at the first pitch a lot more this year than he has in the past.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    29,052
    vCash
    2500
    Quote Originally Posted by otatop View Post
    This. There's probably somewhere that tracks it so we could be sure, but I have a pretty good feeling he's swung at the first pitch a lot more this year than he has in the past.
    That's what I thought as well, but I looked it up on Fangraphs and his F-Strike% is down 3.7% from last year. He is swinging more though (3.5% up from last year).
    Last edited by Rush; 05-08-2013 at 01:28 PM.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Golden 1 Center
    Posts
    78,787
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    With Belt apparently changing his approach, it's like Posey is the only hitter they've developed who isn't a total hacker at the plate. Seems they collectively need a visit from Pat Burrell to teach them the value of a base on balls.
    Did the giants even 'develop' Posey?
    #SuicideSquad

    Watching Grigson waste Andrew Luck's prime like:

    <3


    - He runs meetings like a coach. Basically, Im playing with a coordinator on the field. Hes a football God. He sees everything, and he sees the big picture of everything." - Frank Gore on Andrew Luck
    - "He is as smart as Peyton, as accurate as Brady, tougher than Ben and as athletic as RG3." - Anonymous Head Coach on Andrew Luck

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Golden 1 Center
    Posts
    78,787
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Sure. It's the only organization he's been with (obv).
    Well what im getting is I thought his bat was major league ready when they drafted him. Don't see what they could have done to make him a better hitter.
    #SuicideSquad

    Watching Grigson waste Andrew Luck's prime like:

    <3


    - He runs meetings like a coach. Basically, Im playing with a coordinator on the field. Hes a football God. He sees everything, and he sees the big picture of everything." - Frank Gore on Andrew Luck
    - "He is as smart as Peyton, as accurate as Brady, tougher than Ben and as athletic as RG3." - Anonymous Head Coach on Andrew Luck

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •