Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

The Brandon Belt Thread

We had one last year, and it worked pretty well so im bringing it back this year. He's constantly the main topic of conversation so post about Belt here instead of derailing other threads... not that cluttering other threads is as big of an issue as last year...
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    We had one last year, and it worked pretty well so im bringing it back this year. He's constantly the main topic of conversation so post about Belt here instead of derailing other threads... not that cluttering other threads is as big of an issue as last year...
    I think I remember it turning into a huge fight between sides.

Ariana Grande

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    I think I remember it turning into a huge fight between sides.
    I'm talking about organization.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    DFA Brandon, call up Brad.

Slumpy Shoulder HR Counter: 10

vCash
    His inconsistency drives me nuts. Too many prolonged slumps.
    Today is the future that you have built (or neglected) yesterday.

vCash
    Agreed although he is by far our best option at first so hopefully he figures it out. I'm much more worried about our production in left.

vCash
    I was really hoping to see Belt eventually round out to a Goldschmidt type of player. Though I'm not gonna give up on him yet, he doesn't exactly stir up a lot of confidence lately. He's quickly running out of all the benefits of doubt given him, and needs to show he can play at this level. At least last year he was walking some, this year it's way too many K's.

This guy truly frustrates the hell outta me!
    "If he could cook, I'd marry him." - Leo Durocher on Willie Mays

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by #24 View Post
    I was really hoping to see Belt eventually round out to a Goldschmidt type of player. Though I'm not gonna give up on him yet, he doesn't exactly stir up a lot of confidence lately. He's quickly running out of all the benefits of doubt given him, and needs to show he can play at this level. At least last year he was walking some, this year it's way too many K's.

That's what I really don't like this year.

Ariana Grande

vCash
    He has been impressing me recently, I hope he keeps it up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by #24 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    That's what I really don't like this year.
    It's very obvious that the organization has put a lot of pressure on Belt to be a more aggressive hitter. It's like they'd rather see him strike out than take a walk...

vCash
    Agreed. The fact that nearly ever hitter they've developed is a total hacker. At some point, the organization may need a change of philosophy.

(Cue a post telling me the Giants have won 2 rings and don't need to change anything...)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leandres_sf View Post
    It's very obvious that the organization has put a lot of pressure on Belt to be a more aggressive hitter. It's like they'd rather see him strike out than take a walk...
    This. There's probably somewhere that tracks it so we could be sure, but I have a pretty good feeling he's swung at the first pitch a lot more this year than he has in the past.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by otatop View Post
    This. There's probably somewhere that tracks it so we could be sure, but I have a pretty good feeling he's swung at the first pitch a lot more this year than he has in the past.
    That's what I thought as well, but I looked it up on Fangraphs and his F-Strike% is down 3.7% from last year. He is swinging more though (3.5% up from last year).
    Last edited by SFrush90; 05-08-2013 at 01:28 PM.

Ariana Grande

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    With Belt apparently changing his approach, it's like Posey is the only hitter they've developed who isn't a total hacker at the plate. Seems they collectively need a visit from Pat Burrell to teach them the value of a base on balls.
    Did the giants even 'develop' Posey?

<3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Sure. It's the only organization he's been with (obv).
    Well what im getting is I thought his bat was major league ready when they drafted him. Don't see what they could have done to make him a better hitter.

<3

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast