Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 115 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Wonder if we can start talking about who might drop to us in the 2nd round? Here is MLB's prospect watch, they've added what they feel as the top 50 of the 2013 draft. I like to check it often because it's got, ooowww pictures and video and narration. WOOT

http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/mlb/prospects/watch/y2013/
    this is a good resource for people not familiar with some of the names as it has some video and a nice quick rundown so people can see a person behind the name "Mannea, Frazier" and the like.

Maybe we could try to come up with a list of 5-10 guys who might be there when Cubs make their high 2nd pick.

vCash
    Trey Ball is a guy who I'll keep an eye on over the course of the next few years. The players who can go both ways always interest me
    Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

vCash
    I'm not particularly impressed by any of the top ten listed. =/

"But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it."

- Romans 8:25

vCash
    Catcher is deep next year so I'd like to take advantage of that and nab a catcher with our 2nd pick. There will likely be a good one left when our turn comes up next. Current list I can see.

Reese McGuire
    Chris Okey
    Jon Denney
    Zack Collins
    Nick Ciuffo
    Jeremy Martinez

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A New Era View Post
    Maybe we could try to come up with a list of 5-10 guys who might be there when Cubs make their high 2nd pick.
    We did this past draft, and I expect we'll be able to do it again this upcoming year. I'll start taking top talent list submissions in early May. I'll post everyone's rankings along with a PSD consensus, which will include our second selection hopefuls.

vCash
    Wonder if we can start talking about who might drop to us in the 2nd round?
    New Era mentioned some Cs, and also I mentioned Abreu a few times...Pretty sure he's a first rounder though. It's really early for even the #2 pick though, let alone later than that. I've already forgotten the name of the C besides Martinez who stood out to me, but it might have been McGuire.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yagyu+ View Post
    We did this past draft, and I expect we'll be able to do it again this upcoming year. I'll start taking top talent list submissions in early May. I'll post everyone's rankings along with a PSD consensus, which will include our second selection hopefuls.
    ok sounds great. First time I'll be participating. Out of curiosity, how accurate were we in talent that would fall into the top half of the 2nd round last year?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    New Era mentioned some Cs, and also I mentioned Abreu a few times...Pretty sure he's a first rounder though. It's really early for even the #2 pick though, let alone later than that. I've already forgotten the name of the C besides Martinez who stood out to me, but it might have been McGuire.
    Martinez sticks out to me too. But only because I watched catcher videos recently, and he was the guy that purposely matched Pojuls batting stance.

vCash
    I like the catcher idea too. I mentioned it forever ago in some thread, but I'm happy to see other people are thinking on the same page maybe Theo will be too.

I also like something about Windle if he's there as a second round pick

Cubs just have pick 1/2 and 2/(whatever there pick is in the second round) right, no supplemental picks?

vCash
    Not this year no.

vCash
    Once the season starts, we could still trade for competitive balance picks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post
    Once the season starts, we could still trade for competitive balance picks.
    I meant as of right now. I'm really intrigued to see what those are worth in the market though.

It'd be interesting to see if a team trades for a couple of them to raise their draft budget to go over slot on a talent they really like.
    Last edited by gaughan333; 12-18-2012 at 03:59 PM.

vCash
    Stephen Gonsalves is a guy I hope falls to the second. He needs to get stronger but he's big, left handed, throws strikes, and can hit the low 90's.

vCash
    I like the looks of the high School lefty A.J. Puck hitting 93 on the gun but could improve.
    I also Like the following players.

1. Jacoby Jones
    2. Eric Jagielo
    3. Dustin Driver
    4. Karsten Whitson
    5. Scott Frazier
    6. Tom Windle
    7. Nick Ciuffo
    8. Brett Morales
    Last edited by ABE32; 12-18-2012 at 04:51 PM.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Stephen Gonsalves is a guy I hope falls to the second. He needs to get stronger but he's big, left handed, throws strikes, and can hit the low 90's.
    Do the Cubs need help investigating the paranormal? Maybe the Cubs can draft Dave Tango, because you can't have Steve Gonsalves without Dave Tango.

Page 9 of 115 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast