Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 115 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast
    vCash
    There were various sources that claimed the Cubs thought Almora was the best player in the draft. If they were that high on him, then I'll have faith in it.

vCash
    I would really like Frazier...he looks like a beast. Great quick swing, can run, and red headed! I used to want one of the top 3 pitchers, but the more I think about it last years approach makes much more sense. In my mind at least. Color me persuaded.
    Chicago Cubs: Trade deadline time...yay...
    Tennessee Titans: In Whiz we trust.
    Utah Jazz: Aussie Aussie Aussie, Exum baby! Nice Rodney Hood thievery. Now get Gordo resigned.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryptamine View Post
    There were various sources that claimed the Cubs thought Almora was the best player in the draft. If they were that high on him, then I'll have faith in it.
    yup...I'll give them the benefit of the doubt on this one
    Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

vCash
    Is Kris Bryant really 6 5 205? That's a big 3rd baseman

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gaughan333 View Post
    Yeah, most seem to think he's destined for 1st base.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gaughan333 View Post
    Saw a comp to Troy Glaus during the summer, but not sure who made it. He's a good athlete.

vCash
    Hmm, if he really does have a chance to stick at 3rd he interests me

vCash
    Another HS bat I really like, though I don't think he is a top 2 pick because he projects as purely a corner guy, is Willie Abreu.

Friend and teammate of Almora, and could be getting comps to Shaw Green by the time the draft rolls around. Swing is my favorite in the HS class after Fraizer amongst the players I know exist.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Another HS bat I really like, though I don't think he is a top 2 pick because he projects as purely a corner guy, is Willie Abreu.

Friend and teammate of Almora, and could be getting comps to Shaw Green by the time the draft rolls around. Swing is my favorite in the HS class after Fraizer amongst the players I know exist.
    I like Abreu a lot but I think he would have to have a big season to vault into top 2 category. He's a good player, has a beautiful swing, 3rd for me behind Fraizer and Meadows. He's a big kid too, pretty sure he's 6'3" or 6'4"/190-200 lbs. Has a ton of room to grow.

vCash
    He's not getting into top 2 talks.

vCash
    He's not getting into top 2 talks.
    I don't think he will either.

vCash
    Perfect Game Internships: https://www.perfectgame.org/job/Internship.aspx

Excerpts from today's Perfect Game draft chat:

Question: Anything on Manaea since he dominated the Cape? Does he have a shot at 1/1?

Frankie Piliere: I'll leave it to Kendall on whether there's something new on Manaea lately, but I think he's got the the early 1/1 favorite in my mind.

Kendall Rogers: Sycamores were very careful with Sean in the fall after he had a long spring and summer. And I agree 100 percent with Frankie. Based on the stuff/video I saw this summer, plus opinions like Frankie's that I highly value, I'd take him 1/1 if the draft were held today. Some are pointing to Mark Appel as 1/1, but I'm not seeing it ... yet.

Question: You guys called it on Correa last year; at this point, who do you see as the top guy in this year's class and are they anywhere close to Correa?

Kendall Rogers: I'll let all of our guys give their opinions. I'll go with Manaea No. 1 overall for now ...

Nick Faleris: I haven't pounded out an official board yet, but Clint Frazier seems like a pretty easy choice, for me.

Question: Which NCAA left handed starter (all levels) do you guys feel will bring the most impact to MLB?

pebert: It's hard not to go with Carlos Rodon here, who had an incredible freshman year and is already tabbed as the projected No. 1 pick in the 2014 draft. He could have gone No. 1 last year. He had a huge spike of velocity from his senior year of high school to his freshman year of college, and has the needed 3-pitch repertoire, size and mental makeup to succeed at a high level for a long time.

Frankie Piliere: That's a tremendous showdown between Rodon and Manaea.

pebert: I should have pointed out that I'm a big fan of Manaea's as well, and as I pointed out in my 2013 Draft Strengths story that hit yesterday that I believe he's a true 1/1 for the 2013 draft.

Kendall Rogers: One person we haven't mentioned, and I think he has a chance to go 1/1 with a big year and further development of his off speed stuff (changeup, slider), etc., is Arkansas RHP Ryne Stanek. Stanek is kind of a lanky guy, but he has a tall, durable, body, and is consistently in the mid 90s with his fastball. If he dominates the SEC this year and improves his K/BB ratio, watch out for him folks.

Question: lets just have fun here .. top five picks for draft if it were to be tonight? Can i have all the perfect game workers opinions on this?

Nick Faleris: From the hip, forgetting organizational tendencies, traditional preference or draft allotment flexibility, I'll go:

1. Clint Frazier
    2. Ryne Stanek
    3. Mark Appel
    4. Dom Smith
    5. Trey Ball

Kendall Rogers: Nick -- No Sean Manaea? Frankie is going to taunt you for that one my man.

Nick Faleris: Can't do it, Kendall. I know a lot of folks love him. I also know I'm not alone in questioning a top 5 profile.

Frankie Piliere:
    1. Sean Manaea
    2. Mark Appel
    3. Ryne Stanek
    4. Clint Frazier
    5. Dominic Smith

pebert: I just found out recently that Manaea, like Appel, is going to be advised by Boras. That immediately makes you wonder if the Astros are going to be involved with either one, and makes me like Nick's pick of Frazier for No. 1. That said, the Astros can't pass on Manaea, at least not right now, which is why I agree with Frankie.

1. Manaea
    2. Stanek
    3. Frazier
    4. Whitson (he'll rebound this year)
    5. Smith

Appel falls out of the top 5 for the 2nd straight year.

Question: Do you think AFL #1 prospect Javier Baez will translate into a Major League Star?

David Rawnsley: I don't think there is any question that scouts think Baez is going to be a very good big league player. Whether he becomes a star or not, that's not as certain. I really worry about one thing about him......he had 14 walks and 69 K's in 321 plate appearances and was overmatched in High A. He'll make adjustments with experience but if big league pitchers find out they don't need to throw a strike to get you out, they won't. How big the adjustments he makes will determine if he's a regular or a star.

vCash
    Faleris gets respeck just for not hopping on the Manaea wagon without further confirmation.

Garrioch wrote a profile on Dominic Smith:

http://www.minorleagueball.com/2012/...-california-hs

1B prospects with big raw power are down right now.

vCash
    If Appel has the same demands as he did last year, I could see him falling out of the top 5 as well

vCash
    Faleris gets respeck just for not hopping on the Manaea wagon without further confirmation.

Garrioch wrote a profile on Dominic Smith:

http://www.minorleagueball.com/2012/...-california-hs

1B prospects with big raw power are down right now.
    93 lhp with a good slider...always a fall back if his bat fails

Page 8 of 115 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast