Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 115 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammad73 View Post
    I feel that the fact that we're picking four spots higher will help altar our decision regarding Appel from what it was this year. Unless I'm mistaken and the draft pool that we receive really isn't that significant between two and six?

Twins at #2 had 6,200,000

Cubs at #6 had 3,250,000

so I would say the difference between 2 and 6 is significant

according to this site at least

http://www.mymlbdraft.com/2012-mlb-draft-slot-values

vCash
    that's a pretty substantial difference in draft spending
    #Turtlepower

Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

vCash
    The very very early look at the draft makes me in favor again of going cheap. As of right now, unless Meadows goes HAM, there's not looking to be a guy who will separate himself from the pack. And even if Meadows does, we might be looking at a situation like last year with Buxton where he's not the guy who goes number 1.

Take Meadows if he's worth taking at 2 and available. If he's not take whichever of Appel, Stanek, Manea(sp?), or Whitson is the best combo of talent and value.

vCash
    I think it was davell who said this a while back, and I agree, Manaea strikes me as having the highest upside of the college pitchers and if he really takes that next step with consistent velocity and secondary pitches, he will be the #1 pick. If he doesn't do those things, he might not be worth taking at #2. With his unreal cape performance, I lean towards him taking that next step and being an Astro.

That said, it is November.

vCash
    Manaea's upside is unbelievable if he can hold his velocity or if a team thinks he can learn to hold his velocity. Unfortunately, on the caveat that this is November, I don't trust anyone who you have to say that about. It's just not something that is in the profile of most high end prospects.

vCash
    Another problem with Manaea is going to be his level of competition. There's only so much talent you can see pitching at Indiana State. His Cape League was a nice stint against better talent, but we're still going to question him come draft day, almost, no matter what, on his competition level.
    Don't give up on us now...

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Henry, House of Burgess, 1775
    Give me the playoffs...or give me death!!

vCash
    I think we should take appel if available,we should talk to him and see if he will sign. if not, we go with stanek, but, I do like meadows alot for our first pick.I would go with frazier next. I like postion players at the #2 pick because of so many risks involved with pitchers at this age and all hype.I think it could be prior 2 all over again. But I really dont know so I'm sure Theo and company know exactly what to do.
    Last edited by dhall2fresh; 11-19-2012 at 12:51 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dhall2fresh View Post
    I think we should take appel if available,we should talk to him and see if he will sign. if not, we go with stanek, but, I do like meadows alot for our first pick.I would go with frazier next. I like postion players at the #2 pick because of so many risks involved with pitchers at this age and all hype.I think it could be prior 2 all over again. But I really dont know so I'm sure Theo and company know exactly what to do.
    As far as signing goes, he has zero leverage. He either signs, or he doesn't play in this country.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JBears79 View Post
    Look up Frazier on youtube, his bat speed is just incredible.
    I think he has a negative move with his back elbow that could make him vulnerable to a good fastball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dhall2fresh View Post
    Freak injuries?
    #Turtlepower

Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jilly Bohnson View Post
    The very very early look at the draft makes me in favor again of going cheap. As of right now, unless Meadows goes HAM, there's not looking to be a guy who will separate himself from the pack. And even if Meadows does, we might be looking at a situation like last year with Buxton where he's not the guy who goes number 1.

Take Meadows if he's worth taking at 2 and available. If he's not take whichever of Appel, Stanek, Manea(sp?), or Whitson is the best combo of talent and value.
    I can live with this.

Take me back to the Forest

vCash
    Aaron Judge is a big kid, 6'7'' 240.

I heard you were looking for me.

vCash
    Appel or bust.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! I love it when a plan comes together - John Hannibal Smith.

"I hear STUPID People...When? Alllll theee timmme"

vCash
    If Appel has the same ceiling as anyone else at #2, why would they take anyone else (honest question)? It'd be the first time in a while they draft a guy based on need who's also approximately the best player available.

vCash
    Because he's a pitcher, and pitchers have a much higher bust rate than position players.

Page 6 of 115 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast