Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 115 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast
    vCash

Jagielo

Quote Originally Posted by ABE32 View Post
    I like the looks of the high School lefty A.J. Puck hitting 93 on the gun but could improve.
    I also Like the following players.

1. Jacoby Jones
    2. Eric Jagielo
    3. Dustin Driver
    4. Karsten Whitson
    5. Scott Frazier
    6. Tom Windle
    7. Nick Ciuffo
    8. Brett Morales
    Jagielo a local boy. Will not be cubs first round pick but would be great second round pick if still available. Nice link summarizing Jagielo.

http://bigleaguefutures.net/1/2012/1...-eric-jagielo/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DIAMONDDADDY View Post
    Jagielo a local boy. Will not be cubs first round pick but would be great second round pick if still available. Nice link summarizing Jagielo.

http://bigleaguefutures.net/1/2012/1...-eric-jagielo/
    The list was for our second round.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    Saw this on Bleacher Nation, apparently from Phil Rogers. Did anyone else notice this?

Derek Johnson, lured away from a highly successful run as Vanderbilt University’s pitching coach, will be in charge of developing the Cubs’ pitching prospects. That group probably will include Indiana State left-hander Sean Manaea, unless right-handers Mark Appel (Stanford), Ryne Stanek (Arkansas) or Jonathon Crawford (Florida) pass him before the draft.

For him to say "probably will include Indiana State left-hander Sean Manaea" is a pretty bold statement to make with the draft still about 5 months away. I wonder if that is pure speculation by him or an informed guess.
    Last edited by Cubsfan365; 12-27-2012 at 11:53 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubsfan365 View Post
    Saw this on Bleacher Nation, apparently from Phil Rogers. Did anyone else notice this?

Derek Johnson, lured away from a highly successful run as Vanderbilt University’s pitching coach, will be in charge of developing the Cubs’ pitching prospects. That group probably will include Indiana State left-hander Sean Manaea, unless right-handers Mark Appel (Stanford), Ryne Stanek (Arkansas) or Jonathon Crawford (Florida) pass him before the draft.

For him to say "probably will include Indiana State left-hander Sean Manaea" is a pretty bold statement to make with the draft still about 5 months away. I wonder if that is pure speculation by him or an informed guess.
    I think it's more of an informed guess. It's no secret the Cubs like Manaea today and he fits the college SP mold we're expecting the Cubs to take.

That said...we're so far out....I think he's being far too strong with the statement of "probably will include" anyone.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    Phillip Ervin is high on my list of potential 2nd-round picks. Seems like he has good speed, some power, and could probably play solid defense anywhere in the OF. Looks like he has pretty good plate discipline as well. He doesn't play against the best competition at Samford, but he was 2012 Cape Cod MVP, so that's something.

Somebody that I think might be one of the favorites for our 2nd-rounder is Kevin Ziomek from Vanderbilt. With Derek Johnson now in the fold, I could see a match being there, especially with our need for starting pitching. He's even a LHP, which is an added bonus because we basically have no potential LH SP talent at the big-league level or in the minors.
    Last edited by Cubsfan365; 12-27-2012 at 12:41 PM.

vCash
    If they ultimately sign someone like Bourne who requires a comp pick then we kiss the 2nd round pick goodbye, right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chicagofan08 View Post
    If they ultimately sign someone like Bourne who requires a comp pick then we kiss the 2nd round pick goodbye, right?
    yes.

vCash
    Our second round pick is essentially a late 1st rounder due to picking so high. And I'm not quite sure I support that.

vCash
    Late first-rounders aren't that great, either.

vCash
    Haven't you said many times in the past the great FO should beable to find the gems even if the team is competing. If the team is competing and doing very well we could be picking in the 20's. I really don't think a #34 pick is THAT much worse than a #20 pick. I'm not saying to never give one up.

But not for Bourne, and not this year.

vCash
    I for one happen to believe that we should pick up to very good prospects with the 2nd and 32nd picks overall, but that is just me.

vCash
    I think if we're as super amazing at scouting and developing as the hype machine states (and their track record allows) then losing the second round pick will not destroy the future.

vCash
    I for one happen to believe that we should pick up to very good prospects with the 2nd and 32nd picks overall, but that is just me.
    It won't be 32. There will be some compensation picks in between rounds 1 and 2.

vCash
    It'll be closer to No. 41 overall, most likely.

Without looking or having seen me cite this before, in the history of the MLB draft (roughly 45-50 years), how many No. 41 overall picks have accumulated at least 5 career bWAR (basically two good seasons)?

vCash
    in a perfect world, yes the Cubs "should" be able to get a very good prospect with the 32nd pick. But that is exactly what that person is. A PROSPECT! Nothing more. And that very good prospect needs a lot to go right for him to become a decent major league player. And he probably is not much more likely to make the majors then the 3rd round pick they make. Plus even if everything does work out well we are looking at 2016 at the earliest, for that prospect to make an impact on the major league team. And that is provided the 32nd pick is a college player. If he is high school, we can figure 2018 at the earliest. If there is a free agent they want to sign I do not think losing a 2nd round pick should stop them from signing the major league talent.

Page 10 of 115 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast