Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 20 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Cardinals next big thing...
    Don't worry, heard they're hell bent on finding a Skip Schumaker replacement in the 1st this year

vCash
    If Meadows keeps rising I would want the front office to take the same approach as last year. There are a **** ton of nice arms out there this year and I trust our scouts.
    Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABE32 View Post
    If Meadows keeps rising I would want the front office to take the same approach as last year. There are a **** ton of nice arms out there this year and I trust our scouts.
    I'd do that for both him and Clint Frazier.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jbears79 View Post
    i'd do that for both him and clint frazier.
    true!
    Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JBears79 View Post
    I'd do that for both him and Clint Frazier.
    Have seen Frazier in person multiple times and came away not impressed. Talked to an AL East scout in November regarding Frazier who said "He'll be the most overrated player in the draft next June". His only claim to fame right now is the bat speed, but that ability is quickly dwarfed by a nonchalant attitude. It's striking the resemblance that I saw between him and Vitters, another prospect that I saw as quite overrated coming out of high school. However I was more impressed with Vitter's ability as pure hitter back then than I am with Frazier's right now. He's simply a mid first round talent who's getting the regular preseason helium right now and I don't expect him to be picked within the top ten.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobias View Post
    Have seen Frazier in person multiple times and came away not impressed. Talked to an AL East scout in November regarding Frazier who said "He'll be the most overrated player in the draft next June". His only claim to fame right now is the bat speed, but that ability is quickly dwarfed by a nonchalant attitude. It's striking the resemblance that I saw between him and Vitters, another prospect that I saw as quite overrated coming out of high school. However I was more impressed with Vitter's ability as pure hitter back then than I am with Frazier's right now. He's simply a mid first round talent who's getting the regular preseason helium right now and I don't expect him to be picked within the top ten.
    Interesting. Haven't heard much of that. From the film I've watched of him, I absolutely love his swing (even though it's really all wrists right now), not to mention he has room to add some power once he starts using his lower half. He seems to have good defensive instincts to go along with his strong arm.

vCash
    I like this Gobias feller. I always wonder how that business is holding up. Welcome aboard.

What do you think of Jeremy Martinez?
    Last edited by SenorGato; 01-24-2013 at 01:01 PM.

vCash
    His only claim to fame is his bat speed? What about his cannon for an arm or his plus speed?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    I like this Gobias feller. I always wonder how that business is holding up. Welcome aboard.

What do you think of Gobias?
    He's been providing quality information for a while now. I like him.

Gobias, I'm curious, do you have a favorite prospect right now? Seems like you get the chance to see quite a few players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryptamine View Post
    His only claim to fame is his bat speed? What about his cannon for an arm or his plus speed?
    Never really bought this one. Gotta admit the Trout comps some were using are way over the top.

I meant Jeremy Martinez not Gobias. My b.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JBears79 View Post
    Interesting. Haven't heard much of that. From the film I've watched of him, I absolutely love his swing (even though it's really all wrists right now), not to mention he has room to add some power once he starts using his lower half. He seems to have good defensive instincts to go along with his strong arm.
    What's funny is that you can look at what you just posted and apply the same thing to where Vitters was at during this time in 2007. As I said, I was more impressed with Vitters back then than Frazier now, so I don't expect him to go nearly as high. Throw in the attitude and I just don't buy the hype. That being said one thing I'll refuse to project as a professional is work ethic or attitude. I have no idea if, when, and where the light bulb will click for Frazier, but if it does he has a chance to be a good player. Most of that comes down to coaching, but I still don't believe the talent warrants a top pick.

vCash
    Never really bought this one. Gotta admit the Trout comps some were using are way over the top.

His 60 meter time was very fast.

vCash

Some of the best makeup in this draft which leads me believe that any gap in talent between him and other mid first rounders can be quickly made up for. I don't buy the concerns regarding the defense and believe that he has more than enough ability to stay behind the plate. It all comes down to the bat for me and what he displays before the draft will dictate whether he's a mid-late first rounder or a compensation-second rounder. I feel that for a guy that has some fairly good power potential he's just to passive with his swing right now, but again that comes down to coaching. He's every scouts dream scenario as a second or potentially third pick right now, that is if someone doesn't take advantage of a cost effective first rounder and jumps on him.

vCash
    What's funny is that you can look at what you just posted and apply the same thing to where Vitters was at during this time in 2007. As I said, I was more impressed with Vitters back then than Frazier now, so I don't expect him to go nearly as high. Throw in the attitude and I just don't buy the hype. That being said one thing I'll refuse to project as a professional is work ethic or attitude. I have no idea if, when, and where the light bulb will click for Frazier, but if it does he has a chance to be a good player. Most of that comes down to coaching, but I still don't believe the talent warrants a top pick.
    Yeah see I can't remember the early Vitters projections as I really didn't follow the draft or prospects for that matter at the time because I was much younger and really didn't have an interest in it. I agree with you about the work ethic thing though. I just had no clue that it was an issue with Frazier. Hadn't seen anything about it in reports at all.

vCash
    I have seen essentially every player who has been mentioned as a potential top ten candidate at least a couple of times. Favorite prospect? There's so much I could go off of. Austin Meadows last season performed one of the best workouts I've seen in a long time. That next week he went 0-4 with a couple of strikeouts and errors in the field. Ryne Stanek has look downright unhittable sometimes, before he hits an inning where his fastball dies and allows a big inning. The guy just screams reliever to me. I'm not going to lie, as of right now I am on the Sean Manaea high, but I have my doubts as to how legit he is. Part of me wants to say "Cape Cod!"while another wants to say "College kids who have rarely used wooden bats!". Mark Appel is the one that keeps coming back to me. I think Derek Johnson could do wonders for that kid and I know this organization loves him.
    Last edited by Gobias; 01-24-2013 at 01:24 PM.

Page 20 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast