vCash

I Hate to be a Pessimist but...

2006: Started 6-2, ended 8-8: Lost first round of playoffs
    2007: Started 6-2, ended 10-6
    2008: Started 7-1, ended 12-4 Lost first round of playoffs
    2009: Started 5-3, ended 8-8 Missed playoffs
    2010: Started 6-2, ended 10-6 Missed playoffs
    2011: Started 6-2, ended 9-7

Is the second half collapse inevitable at this point?

vCash
    With the back end of our schedule being brutal I won't be surprised

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

vCash
    So both times we have won the SB we started of 6-2? Ok?

vCash
    i know hopefully we change that
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkeysuit View Post
    Rondo #1 PG in the league ...he has a ring to prove it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzbolt View Post
    Wall will win more and will be better then Irving Quote me.
    Quote Originally Posted by bearadonisdna View Post
    u can't build a franchise around lebron. Its been proven already. he can't attract players and has to follow to be matched up with talent.

vCash
    The odds of repeating as SB champs in teh NFL are very very very very very very slim......so expect to be disappointed at some point and just hope for the improbable (because the Giants are masters of improbable).

vCash
    Winning a superbowl is improbable to begin with which is why repeating is very improbable. **** the expect to be disappointed ****, if thats how you feel realistically you should expect to be disappointed every year. The Giants, while inconsistent, are a good football team. When you have a good football team with a good QB who plays well when the games on the line and a defense that rises to the occasion in big situations, you have as much a chance as any.

Being one of the better teams in the league with Eli at the helm, I'm as strongly hoping for a superbowl this year as last. **** odds and all that bs. It doesn't mean anything when they strap up the pads on sunday.

Yes longwinded and yest i know you said you hope for the best, but if thats the case you just expect to be disappointed everyyear. Maybe that makes the wins sweeter for you, but I never expect to be disappointed. Maybe thats why it hurts so much when I am, but thats whats so great about being a fan.
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Maybe that makes the wins sweeter for you,
    Exactly it right there. It does. I'm very pessimistic based on probabilities and all that, especially when posting on here....doesn't mean I'm not yelling at the tv on every 1 yd loss and not expecting every play to be a TD and every game to be a win, but I try to keep it in check....otherwise I get way too stressed out over every little play and game.

I also realize I posted "hope for the best" and "expect to be disappointed" in the same post......I'm on my 7th very strong margarita as my wife had a hankering for tequila today......I'm not sure what I'm saying. It's a luxury to be a Giants fan and I root for them to win the SB every year, but keep myself aware of the reality of that liklihood.

vCash
    What gives me confidence is the fact that Eli has really stunk these past few weeks.

Probability dictates he's going to start throwing the ball a lot better.

I think we'll end up 12 and 4.
    PM for my contact information.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyfromNeptune View Post
    What gives me confidence is the fact that Eli has really stunk these past few weeks.

Probability dictates he's going to start throwing the ball a lot better.

I think we'll end up 12 and 4.
    I feel like Eli is as good as the game plan lets him be. Not that he doesn't have some bad games (clearly Washington), but a game like today, when they opened it up early, he caught Randle deep for a great play. He was hitting his guys, but they didn't run nearly as many of the big play passes as they normally do. Especially off turnovers. They used to run a playaction deep post or streak after every INT just to take a shot on a free possession. Today they sat on every turnover like they were afraid to move the ball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Winning a superbowl is improbable to begin with which is why repeating is very improbable. **** the expect to be disappointed ****, if thats how you feel realistically you should expect to be disappointed every year. The Giants, while inconsistent, are a good football team. When you have a good football team with a good QB who plays well when the games on the line and a defense that rises to the occasion in big situations, you have as much a chance as any.

Being one of the better teams in the league with Eli at the helm, I'm as strongly hoping for a superbowl this year as last. **** odds and all that bs. It doesn't mean anything when they strap up the pads on sunday.

Yes longwinded and yest i know you said you hope for the best, but if thats the case you just expect to be disappointed everyyear. Maybe that makes the wins sweeter for you, but I never expect to be disappointed. Maybe thats why it hurts so much when I am, but thats whats so great about being a fan.
    x2

Is our team perfect? No.

But we have a good team, and we have Eli leading them.

We have as good a chance to win the SB as anyone.
    DUDA

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    Eli was missing some easy passes on sunday though. Nicks was also dropping a ton of passes too. We're winning and we didn't even look good. I think we will pick it up we just need more time for Nicks to hit 100%. Giants are the highest scoring team in the NFL, but a lot of that has to do with the emergence of Stevie Brown. It seems like every year we have a player that comes out of no where. Andre Brown and Stevie Brown both look like that player this year hopefully Brown gets his chance

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    vCash
    I like our chances at winning the division. 8-8 might it done....lets get to.500 and hope for the best.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    vCash
    I like our chances on winning the division. 8-8 will prolly win it. Lets get to 8 wins and hope for the best.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

vCash
    So let me get this straight:

Since 2006, after starting 6-2 or better, the Giants have a

80% chance of making the playoffs
    40% chance of winning the Super Bowl

I know, I know you can't just look at numbers like that and we are prone to play worse the second half of the season. But look at those above stats and you should just be happy were 6-2. If we can stay healthy we have as good a chance as anyone to win it all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Missing56&33 View Post
    I like our chances on winning the division. 8-8 will prolly win it. Lets get to 8 wins and hope for the best.
    Really hoping we get more than 8 wins.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast