Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    If garcon doesn't prove himself after the bye, I won't know what to think. We can't afford to cut him, but we can't afford him to suck either. Next year Moss, Hall, Grossman (not sure how much we pay him anyway) and possibly Fletcher are gone, if Garcon doesn't get his toe fixed, we'll still probably over pay him. Good thin Shanny knows how to draft because I have a really bad feeling about FA, and he better not draft another RB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IHateTheSkins View Post
    If garcon doesn't prove himself after the bye, I won't know what to think. We can't afford to cut him, but we can't afford him to suck either. Next year Moss, Hall, Grossman (not sure how much we pay him anyway) and possibly Fletcher are gone, if Garcon doesn't get his toe fixed, we'll still probably over pay him. Good thin Shanny knows how to draft because I have a really bad feeling about FA, and he better not draft another RB.
    As far as free agency they have that salary cap hit. What do you expect? Their limited on funds.

vCash
    One guy you cannot overlook is Brent Grimes. Atlanta has Robinson and Samuels as their top two corners now due to Grimes tearing his achillies. He just was applied the franchise tag going into this year as well. To me, with the way players recover and how successful these surgeries are these days, this guy could be a steal. With the injury he could be had for less money than he would have gotten before the achillies. The guy is the definition of a man to man corner, something you need in the 3-4 when you leave your corners on an island most of the time. Take a look at some of the guys videos. I think you'll realize this could be a great signing. Let me know what you guys think.
    Last edited by LANER815; 11-01-2012 at 10:39 AM. Reason: Was wrong thread, then edited to input on this thread
    FLYERS
    REDSKINS
    REDS
    SUNS

vCash
    I actually have been pushing for Grimes myself. He will be 30 when the next season starts, and most likely wont command thaaat much money coming off the ACL injury. Wilson, Grimes, Talib for our corners would make me more than happy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman21 View Post
    I actually have been pushing for Grimes myself. He will be 30 when the next season starts, and most likely wont command thaaat much money coming off the ACL injury. Wilson, Grimes, Talib for our corners would make me more than happy.
    I'd like Wilson and Grimes without a doubt, but I don't see Talib coming here. Shanny doesn't want to add any bad influences in the locker room. I wouldn't mind seeing us draft a corner that could fill in at nickle with our 3rd round pick, or maybe Minnefield can play nickle assuming he comes back to how he was playing in camp. Definitely think our 2nd round pick has to be FS.
    FLYERS
    REDSKINS
    REDS
    SUNS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by graveshark View Post
    First things first, we must fire Jim Haslett and also fire Danny Smith. I have never seen a defensive coach not make adjustments to the games. Special teams is just horrible. There is a reason why we have new kickers every week because the coach doesn't do his job. Even our kick and punt coverage is terrible now.
    Fire Haslett? What more do you expect of him? He can't do anything else but put pads on and play himself. Starting LB out for the year. Starting FS out for the year. Starting DE out for the year. Starting SS out, hasn't played at all this year. Corners that couldn't cover if their lives depended on it. Again, not a whole lot he or any other coordinator could do if put in the same situation. Smith, I agree needs to go. Along with Banks!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by r.i.p.taylor21 View Post
    Fire Haslett? What more do you expect of him? He can't do anything else but put pads on and play himself. Starting LB out for the year. Starting FS out for the year. Starting DE out for the year. Starting SS out, hasn't played at all this year. Corners that couldn't cover if their lives depended on it. Again, not a whole lot he or any other coordinator could do if put in the same situation. Smith, I agree needs to go. Along with Banks!
    idk what to say when i read these things sometimes....honestly... what deffensive coordinator would lose so many key guys and still hold it together???honestly... i did go on the record saying, if rex ryan is fired, i think he would be an awesome DC, but even that is too far-fetched...we already have a heck of a DC..

and there is decent talent in the fa class at secoundary and RT.....Sebastian Vollmer, Andre Smith, Tracy Porter, brent grimes, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Derek Cox, Aqib Talib, William Moore, Dashon Goldson, Jairus Byrd, and LaRon Landry...also, at TE, Jared Cook or resigning fred davis would both come at a bargain...

vCash
    Haslett isn't going anywhere, nor should he. I don't care if Mike Ditka was our D-cord. our D would still suck. Other than Kerrigan, Bowen, Fletcher and "Maybe" Riley we are starting back up "at best" calliber players on D. NOT HIS FAULT

However on the other hand, I do believe Danny Smith should be held responsible for the disaster we call our Special Teams. Special Teams has been one of the worst in the NFL, if not the worst.

vCash
    I think Fletcher is gone next season. Whether he retires or we cut him. I think that will play a part if we switch to 4-3 or stay 3-4. I see a lot of changes coming to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewredskin3 View Post
    At this point, Cousins gives us the best opportunity to win.
    30 minutes before RG3 goes down

Quote Originally Posted by matthewredskin3 View Post
    Let's just keep RG3 in the game. Can't move and risking furthur injury. Great call.
    One play before RG3 goes down

vCash
    I dont feel like putting together a list but it would be a good idea to get an idea of some players we could trade for draft picks. Jenkins hasnt done much but we could probably get a decent pick for him. New England was stupid enough to pick up Haynesworth and they always pick up our trash, maybe we could get a 7th for Hall from them.

vCash
    Hall may not be the best, but i'd rather have him than a seventh rd. pick. We definitely need to create some competition at CB. That's a been a big problem there. Lack of competition.

vCash
    IMO, any seventh round CB is better than Hall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pjyancy View Post
    I know our salary cap issues won't allow us to pick up some of these guys, but here's a list Iíve been putting together of players that may be available next off season. My list only includes players who are 27 or younger (and ended up being a list of 26 and 27 year olds).

Potential Free Agents for us are:
    QB Rex Grossman
    C Kory Lichtensteiger
    CB Cedric Griffin
    FS Tanard Jackson

Secondary help is a must for us and it looks like Corner and Safety are both deep this year. I'd like to see us draft some safety and corner help in 2013. Then pick up 1 or 2 corners in free agency as well as some more safety help as needed. Maybe even keep some of the secondary we have (Wilson, Williams, possibly Meriweather, and we can give Jackson a shot when he gets back from his suspension - price permitting). I think the rest have to go.

We have the following picks in the draft:
    - Round 1 (traded to St. Louis for RGIII pick)
    Round 2
    Round 3
    Round 4
    Round 5 (Thanks to trading Albert)
    Round 5
    Round 6
    Round 7

The guys on this list should be free agents at the end of the year (although I have no idea how many of them or which ones will hit the market).

I wouldn't mind seeing us pick up T.J. McDonald or Eric Reid for our first pick in the draft.
    We'll still need depth
    Free Agent Free Safeties:
    Jairus Byrd (Bills)
    Kenny Phillips (Giants)

Drafting Xavier Rhodes, Dee Milliner, or Carrington Byndom would be excellent. Otherwise here are some alternatives:
    Free Agent Corners:
    Derek Cox (Jaguars)
    Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie (Eagles)
    Aqib Talib (Buccaneers)
    Sean Smith (Dolphins)
    Jerraud Powers (Colts)

The O-Line has been holding up pretty well, but I would really like a new Right Tackle and maybe a Center. That said, I can't see spending any early round draft choices on any when we have such a need on defense. Maybe we can get one in free agency.
    Free Agent Offensive Tackles:
    Ryan Clady (Broncos)
    Andre Smith (Bengals)
    Phil Loadholt (Vikings)

Not sure if I really believe we need a new Guard this year, I think Steig and Chester are holding up well, but it never hurts to look for an upgrade, although I'm not sure if Levitre fits our scheme.
    Free Agent Guard:
    Andy Levitre (Bills)

Always nice to have another receiver, but I don't really see any available that excite me so I've listed 1 that would be a nice addition.
    Free Agent Receivers:
    Mike Wallace (Steelers)

What do you think? Who would you add to the list?
    here is my wishlist

first off, either moss and hall take a major pay-cut or cut both...
    cut jamal brown.
    resign kory lichtensteiger
    target a S...i would love Byrd..he is a disciplined and very good safety thats on a bad team, if not william moore is also scheduled to be a FA, and philips...just grab the best guy
    target andre smith as the RT...i have a feeling he wont cost a lot...
    same goes for talib.... the morris connection and he would come at a cheap price.....

3 FA's is very realistic.. Byrd, Smith, and Talib..... that would be major help..

in the draft, go for the best CBs available...we also need a TE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IHateTheSkins View Post
    IMO, any seventh round CB is better than Hall.
    Hall will be out a seventh rd. CB all day, every day. A 2nd rounder and a good FA will actually challenge him for his position.

vCash
    Even if we bring in some competition for him and he wins the battle, I just don't like him on this team, mostly because I don't like him as a person. He is a headache on the field and in the locker room, too mouthy for what he can't back up. Not the type of guy I would think Shanahan would keep on his team, all he is is a handicap.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast