Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Braves1622 View Post
    I know there's a lot of people in here that say we just need to address defense and O-line in free agency and draft. I, however, think we need another wide receiver. If you look at the top teams in the playoffs, they almost all have several weapons on offense.

Broncos: Demaryius Thomas, Eric Decker, Brandon Stokely (clutch/go to guy)

Patriots: Wes Welker, Gronk, Aaron Hernandez, Brandon Lloyd (clutch)

Falcons: Julio Jones, Roddy White, Tony Gonzalez, Harry Douglas

Packers: Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, James Jones

I do think we need help on defense and a RT, but I think a guy like Bowe, or Jennings, if he doesn't get franchised, would make the offense top notch. It would help RG3 and Morris even more. Pretty tough to stop an offense like that.
    i think with us, we have multiple playmakers at the WR core...we have to realize that guys like hankerson and robinson will take time to develop...the worst thing we can do is throw many around on a position that is already deep

jordy nelson, Colb, eric decker, and even demarius took a long time to get to their status... guys dont come in and put up 1000 yds right away..

having said that, it will be hard to pass up talent if it falls to you... for EX, if tavon austin or terrance williams is there when we pick in the 2nd, i'd be hooting and hollering for us to pick him.. the packers do it all the time... they did it with jordy nelson randall colb...but through the draft, not some expensive FAs

i said the same about tyrann mathiew in the 3rd or 4th.. you have to get value for every pick... he is the perfect slot CB in haslett's scheme where there's a lot of Corner blitzing and rotating on WRs.. and he is the perfect CB for neutralizing the smaller WRs that kill us like Amyndola and Cruz...

but we are deep at WR...Garcon is legit...moss is not done yet and is a great route runner...Morgan is leading the way in receptions..thats more than most teams in the nfl....added the 2 youngsters...not too shabby if you ask me...

RT is a need, but the OL is playing real good..we can wait till the 4th to get a guy.. we actually have some pretty decent CBs, and i have been saying that since day one...Crawford is learning to adjust, wilson and hall are playing real good, and adding a healthy chase mannifield would help..

its the Safety position am worried about... we have nothing there..sign byrd, and add a SS in the early rounds..

here's my perfect offseason

FA: sign byrd
    resign Rob jackson and Fred Davis
    Draft
    2. tony jefferson, SS, OU
    3. Tyrann mathiew, CB, LSU
    4. Ricky wagner, OT, Wisconsin
    5. Marcus Davis, WR, Virginia Tech
    5. Jake Stoneburner, TE, Ohio State
    6. best available
    7. best available

vCash
    I would say we can probably forget about trying to predict who we will pick at OL in the draft. Our zone blocking scheme doesn't usually use the typical lineman that are high on draft boards. I hadn't even heard of the OL that we drafted last year. I've given up on trying to figure out which OL fit our scheme.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGDOG38 View Post
    I would say we can probably forget about trying to predict who we will pick at OL in the draft. Our zone blocking scheme doesn't usually use the typical lineman that are high on draft boards. I hadn't even heard of the OL that we drafted last year. I've given up on trying to figure out which OL fit our scheme.
    i agree...and 3 yrs ago, everyone was expecting russel okung instead of Trent....
    honestly, i wouldnt be surprised if they didnt pick a RT at all... aside from that RT, this offensive line is very good... shanahan might look in-house like hurt or crompton...

its the secoundary that i expect a player picked at least once in the 1st 4 rounds....after that, we could go WR, TE, OT, ILB, OLB....pretty much anything...

i hope we do switch it up and surprise people a little bit... it worked with cousins.... maybe he picks a WR or TE in the 2nd or 3rd round??

vCash
    Widow, I do agree that Garcon is legit. He is a 1 on a lot of teams, and a 2 on the rest. My only problem is aside from him and Moss, everyone else disappeared after the first Cowboys game. Robinson wasn't seen again, Morgan was barely visible(except when he had a drop in the 2nd cowboys game), Hank made some big catches but has yet to show consistency. Moss became a go to guy and Garcon was automatic. If we can spend money on other positions to make them better, that's fine. I'm just not sure I believe in the rest of the recieving core just yet. They all have potential though. I just think if you have chance at a game changing reciever like Bowe or Jennigs it is hard to pass it up.

vCash
    I agree that we need another weapon on offense to become unstoppable. However i dont believe that Jennings is the way to go. He will be 30 by the time next season comes around. Also with the cap penalty, we dont have much money to spend in FA, and we have other major needs to fill. I do wonder what has happened since the cowboys game. Seems like either our WRs arent getting open, or defenses are playing alot more coverage heavy packages. Which would aslo explain why Morris has been able to do what hes done lately. I would love to see Bowe or Wallace here, but they will be expensive. Would rather sign a RT or a shut down CB with the money. With that being said...whatever shanahan and allen decide to do, i am 100% behind them.

vCash
    Defense is the way to go. RG and Morris will cover a lot of flaws. But our secondary is pretty bad and Fletcher isn't gettin younger. Corner and Saftey should be huge points of emphasis and possibly DL as well our pass rush has struggled although Orakpo and Carriker have missed most of the season.

vCash
    [IMG]C:\Users\BLACK BEAST\Pictures\REDSKINS[/IMG]

vCash
    everyone bashes d-hall and our whole secoundary and then want to spend all of our FA money on one of the deepest positions on the roster...that makes no sense at ALL

our offense slowed down when RG3 hurt his knee.. and we put up 38 against the browns with a back-up...put up 28 last week in the most meaningful game of the season...

ill say it again...think of guys like danny amyndola, victor cruz, stevie johnson, eric decker, miles austin, and jordy nelson...it took them at least 2 years to learn the routery, how to seperate from DBs, and even crack the WR rotation...
    half of these guys spent 2 years on their team's practice squads....give the young guys a chance...they've proved what they can do

we just cant afford a WR in FA....not when there are so many good safeties on the marker and we barely have any cap space...
    our secoundary<<<<<<our WR core...

i would love to add a WR through the draft...Tavon austin, robert woods, keenan allen..the list is endless..

you can count the WR on the FA market out because they are not bruce allen and shanahan's type of signings... think about it... they like to target younger guys that are not looking for MAX contracts...
    dwayne bowe, 29, looking to get paid
    greg jennings, 30, always hurt
    Mike wallace, 26, wants Larry Fitz money

vCash
    louis delmas is a good safety too... he is more of a hybrid SS/FS, but haslett would scheme some evil things with him on the roster... he would also come cheaper than both byrd and gholdson

vCash
    Unless I am thinking of someone else, Delmas is a huge injury risk. Sound DB when healthy, though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BullsFan_1 View Post
    Unless I am thinking of someone else, Delmas is a huge injury risk. Sound DB when healthy, though.
    i agree.. but has been somewhat healthy recently...like this year..LOL..maybe we get him for cheap...like 1 year 4 mill "prove u can stay healthy" deal...

vCash
    he missed 8 games this year. has never played a full season.... hes had 1 int the past 3 seasons. He also cant tackle at all.. Lions fans dont even want him. no thank you! id much rather pay a heftier price and sign byrd/goldson, or go after a saftey in the draft. we cant sign injury riddled players. we need a more reliable source of production. Yes, i understand the salary cap problem, but i would rather go with a guy we have, like gomes, then use that money on someone who cant stay on the field. once you start bringing in guys to prove they can stay healthy, your setting yourself up for failure... that 4 mil can be used for something better than that....just my thought

vCash
    i guess.... i still prefer byrd over anyone if we have money to spend....lets just not spend it on WR.

vCash
    something I was just thinking of, fletcher is probably going to retire but my thought is would the team try rob jackson at MLB. They like his abilities and he can cover, blitz and make plays. Just a thought but id like seeing him play MLB

vCash
    I think that's why they drafted Keenan robinson, to replace Fletcher.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast