Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by widow4523 View Post
    and you wouldnt pick mathiew in the 3rd round to be you nickle/return guy... chances are, you are going to have a nickle guy on the field about 70% the time because of the passing attacks in the nfl..

once he gets in football shape, he would come in, contribute RIGHT AWAY, and have a huge impact on both KR and CB duties... remember that charles woodson is a nickle guy. the packers know how to use him to take advantage of his abilities...

its just like a RB or WR.. you are not going to try to make a small speedster your work-horse, or run fade-routes or jump-balls with him.,

here's my offseason wish-list..
    in FA, adress the safety positionS...emphasis on the plural..its the strongest part of FA.
    in the draft, target a RT and pick the best available guys at CB, TE, and S depth.. mathiew in the 3rd round would probably be the best player available on most people's draft-boards..
    You don't look for nickle corners with your 3rd round pick when you can still get starters at CB and other positions of need in the 3rd.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kbaxter34 View Post
    You don't look for nickle corners with your 3rd round pick when you can still get starters at CB and other positions of need in the 3rd.
    thats silly...nickle corners now are just like starters as i have stated already... why do you think they experimented with moving hall to nickle..
    good lucking finding a good nickle corner past the 4th round..better yet, good luck finding a CB that will make your team past the 4th round..

you are more likely to find a RT or a S that contributes right away in the later round than you are to find a CB...it is the most sought after position in the draft

vCash
    thats silly...nickle corners now are just like starters as i have stated already... why do you think they experimented with moving hall to nickle..
    good lucking finding a good nickle corner past the 4th round..better yet, good luck finding a CB that will make your team past the 4th round..

you are more likely to find a RT or a S that contributes right away in the later round than you are to find a CB...it is the most sought after position in the draft
    No nickle corner is good enough to cover #1 and #2 reciviers. Just because they play a lot does not mean they are like starters. Thats silly. They experimented with moving hall to nickle because he is not good enough to cover the 1s and 2s.

Ronde Barber (3rd)
    Cortland Finnegan (7th)
    Asante Samuel (4th)
    Ike Taylor (4th)
    Al Harris (6th)
    Brian Williams (4th)
    Andre' Goodman (3rd)
    William Gay (5th)
    Tramon Williams (undrafted)
    Brandon Browner (undrafted)
    Leigh Bodden (undrafted)
    Brent Grimes (undrafted)

All quality starters and some pro bowlers.
    Last edited by kbaxter34; 12-01-2012 at 08:51 PM.

vCash
    I see Shanahan drafting montee ball for some reason.

vCash
    he might in the 5th lol and corners hall should be slot and was going to but had to be moved back to cover #1 and #2 recievers

vCash
    No nickle corner is good enough to cover #1 and #2 reciviers. Just because they play a lot does not mean they are like starters. Thats silly. They experimented with moving hall to nickle because he is not good enough to cover the 1s and 2s.

Ronde Barber (3rd)
    Cortland Finnegan (7th)
    Asante Samuel (4th)
    Ike Taylor (4th)
    Al Harris (6th)
    Brian Williams (4th)
    Andre' Goodman (3rd)
    William Gay (5th)
    Tramon Williams (undrafted)
    Brandon Browner (undrafted)
    Leigh Bodden (undrafted)
    Brent Grimes (undrafted)

All quality starters and some pro bowlers.
    you just proved my point...all these guys are from different drafts and you just named the successfull ones. you'd be hard-pressed to find more than 2 good DB's from every draft that come later than the 3rd round
    ... how many DBs get drafted in the 3rd round and later are not successfull? we have countless just in recent years...the two that come to mind are Tryon and Barnes...

but am not saying it is impossible, because shanahan is very good at finding talent in the later rounds...i was upset we didnt take alphonso dennard last year..he was a major steal in the 7th round for the pats...

i have a feeling tyrann will be available in the 4th and 5th too... and we will foolishly pass him up too

vCash
    you just proved my point...all these guys are from different drafts and you just named the successfull ones. you'd be hard-pressed to find more than 2 good DB's from every draft that come later than the 3rd round
    ... how many DBs get drafted in the 3rd round and later are not successfull?
    we have countless just in recent years...the two that come to mind are Tryon and Barnes...

but am not saying it is impossible, because shanahan is very good at finding talent in the later rounds...i was upset we didnt take alphonso dennard last year..he was a major steal in the 7th round for the pats...

i have a feeling tyrann will be available in the 4th and 5th too... and we will foolishly pass him up too
    You could say that about every position. In general, players in later rounds are not successful. Its not just DBs. The success rate for all players after the 3rd round has to be between 10-15%. Even more of a reason not to reach for a player just because you need someone to fill a position. I would wait for the 4th or even 5th round before I start focusing only on position of need. You draft the best available player in the early rounds. If you think that Mathiew or you atleast have him rated close to your pick then take him. If not then take the best player on the board.

vCash
    You could say that about every position. In general, players in later rounds are not successful. Its not just DBs. The success rate for all players after the 3rd round has to be between 10-15%. Even more of a reason not to reach for a player just because you need someone to fill a position. I would wait for the 4th or even 5th round before I start focusing only on position of need. You draft the best available player in the early rounds. If you think that Mathiew or you atleast have him rated close to your pick then take him. If not then take the best player on the board.
    i agree..pick the best player available at our positions of need...thats why i think tyrann mathiew in the 3rd or 4th round would be the best player available....

am not saying to pick him just because of the name or because he was a college star.....i actually think he would be the best available choice and would do wonders to our secoundary and KR game

vCash
    i'd sign him as a kick returner,and gradually introduce him as a nickel back and then see how he did with that before anything else.

vCash
    For CB's.

Talib-DRC-Brent Grimes in that order .

But looking at our WR core Garcon is a very good #2 and we now just need that one physical Wide out to complete our WR core and i believe its Dwayne Bowe.

This off-season might help alot due to us more than likely contending next year so could bring in people.I can see us pursing Bowe and brining in a CB cheap I wouldn't be surprised if Talib came to a one year deal .
    Reed Doughty .......where second chances will ALWAYS HAPPEN. Stay tuned.

vCash
    i'd much rather get a S, maybe even 2 because we dont know how merriwether will be... the safety position is the deepest position in FA..
    Laron landry
    william moore
    jarius byrd
    kenny philips
    dashon goldson

all very good safeties..all huge upgrades, and all very young... i think laron is the oldest of the group, and he'll be 27 or 28 come FA..

i also think garcon is a legit #1 WR, and unless its through the draft, we should not target anymore WRs... aldrick robinson is a beast, but does not know how to run routes...spend some time coaching him up and we may have our very own Victor cruz or miles austin...

our priorities have to be FS, RT, SS, CB right now....i think that is unanimous with everyone here

vCash
    It is a must that we sign Laron Landry in the offseason.

vCash
    I think we need to sign some pass rushers.
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewredskin3 View Post
    At this point, Cousins gives us the best opportunity to win.
    30 minutes before RG3 goes down

Quote Originally Posted by matthewredskin3 View Post
    Let's just keep RG3 in the game. Can't move and risking furthur injury. Great call.
    One play before RG3 goes down

vCash
    we dont need to sign pass-rushers...our top2 rushers are out for the year and once they get healthy, we will be good to go...

vCash
    Our top 2 pass rushers? Orakpo and who, Carriker? You do know that kerrigan is still playing right?

And why in the hell would we want that idiot, non-covering, bad angle taking ******* Landry back? I hope you were kidding, I have a feeling you were.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast