Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    idk, if hall comes at a lower price, i still think he is worth having.... he is not a shutdown guy and should not be asked to shadow top-tier guys but he is still a good football player..lets not make any mistakes and say he is worthless...
    we did the same with carlos rogers and he ended up being a pro-bowler the very next year....
    i would much rather ask hall to take a pay-cutt, then still draft and/or sign guys that will help the secoundary....if he wont, then simply cut him.
    i have a feeling that he will be willing to take a paycutt..

vCash
    He might take a pay cut and move to the slot and we get another corner in FA maybe DRC? I would also love to see the redskins try and sign Ryan Clady if he hits the market that would help oline alot. Then draft safety help and maybe jackson gets reinstated and stays clean, would love to keep meriweather but he needs to stay healthy do he played really well but then got hurt.

vCash
    i think signing clady is out of the question...he wants to be one of the highest paid tackles in the game...even though the shanahan connection is there, i doubt he would come to d.c for less money and switch to LT..

having said that, anything is possible and if he was the only major signing we do this offseason, i consider it a big A++++ ..he would solidify that RT spot for good...

but i dont trust the talent at the secoundary we have right now... we need to upgrade..target legit guys like byrd, philips, or moore for FS...also target some legit CBs like talib

vCash
    I don't watch college football. Who are the best safeties and cornerbacks coming out this year?

vCash
    Safties:

Eric Reid
    TJ Mcdonald
    Rambo
    Kenny Vaccaro

i dont know alot about college, but these are some of the guys i keep hearing about. I couldnt name u one CB other than the honey badger...who if we could get in the 3rd or 4th, id jump on it

vCash
    Honey badger is a safety also.

Sorry, I was wrong, he is a corner.
    Last edited by BIGDOG38; 11-19-2012 at 09:54 PM.

vCash
    I also don't follow college football all that much but I keep an eye on things like this and then refer to YouTube haha. You can sort the rankings by position.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings

vCash
    Double post

vCash
    What the **** is a honey badger.

vCash
    So hopefully we pick TJ McDonald, unless Eric Reid somehow falls to us.

vCash
    Keep an eye out for Phillip Thomas. He's not getting a ton of attention now, but I'm willing to bet that he'd be in the 2nd round mix or better by draft day.

I also hope that we stay the hell away from David Amerson in the second round. He got exposed all season.

vCash
    the honey badger is a corner and isnt coming into the nfl he isnt even playing football now because of off field issues

vCash
    We had better invest in some big corners as well. I want some monsters like they have in Seattle. Someone to beat the hell out of Dez Bryant!

vCash
    honey badger is tyrann mathiew...and i have been saying if he declares, we should definitly take a chance on him....he would be a hell of a FS although his original position is CB.... the talent FAR outweighs the risk if you ask me....once he starts making those paychecks, he'll quit smoking pot...

i think we ought to target a RT early in the draft, but dbs we can target in the 2nd and later are
    Johnthan Banks, CB, Mississippi State
    Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington (maruc trufant's brother)
    Micah Hyde, CB, Iowa
    Terry Hawthorne, CB, Illinois
    Travis Howard, CB, Ohio State
    Tony Jefferson, S, Oklahoma (i go to OU and believe me, he is one of the only legit guys on the team)
    T.J. McDonald, S, USC

like i said, if you ask me, since the FA class is deeper in DBs than OL, we should target RT early in the draft....sign a Dashon Gholdson, jarius byrd, or kenny philips to solidify the FS position....target a decent veteran (not like cedric griffen please) or take a chance on Talib...and spend the rest of the draft on the best available guys

vCash
    As Far as FA, we should take a look at derek cox from the jags. Hes pretty damn good. Has good height, good ball hawking skills, and would most likely wont cost too much. Very under rated guy. Would be the best corner on our team. If we can sign him, and hall takes a pay cut, i would be confident with Cox, Wilson, Hall as our 3 best cbs while we see what Miinifields got in the meantime.

As far as safety, Gholdson would be my top choice, but most likely he will command alot of money. I doubt niners let him go. Hopefully Tanard Jackson stops blazin, and merriweather comes back strong cause i really like them. However, i still think we should draft a safety.

Our second round pick has to be used on a NT or ILB. this is a must. Fletcher is near done, and we need to find a replacement. Cofield has had one good game all year against an atrocious eagles team. Something has to be done here.
    Last edited by Hitman21; 11-20-2012 at 09:54 AM.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast