Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Predictions for 2013 Skins offseason

1. How many draft picks do we have in the 2013 draft?
    2. What are your predictions for the 2013 offseason
    3. What young coach would you hire if Shannahan does not workout?

vCash
    shanny is going anywhere but I can see hall getting cut then maybe they sign a vet corner like maybe DRC because the eagles wont be able to keep him

vCash
    First things first, we must fire Jim Haslett and also fire Danny Smith. I have never seen a defensive coach not make adjustments to the games. Special teams is just horrible. There is a reason why we have new kickers every week because the coach doesn't do his job. Even our kick and punt coverage is terrible now.

vCash
    We have 6 picks this year. We pick 6 running backs, and Haslett gets a promotion.

vCash
    i think we have 7, not 6 picks...because we do have the extra 5th rounder from the hanesworth trade to N.E.
    i expect A LOT of secoundary help, and i would not be suprised if we have 4 new starters at the secoundary in 2013...

idk if haslett stays or goes because the season is not over yet and it would be unfair to ask a lot of someone with his best 2 pass-rushers and whole safety core gone for the season.. that being said, we need a whole lot of change at D. if we had the same D we had last year, we would probably be 5-3 at worst right now...

shanahan is going no-where.... not after he built this team to where its at and the offense as explosive as it is... he made more of his drafts and FA money than any coach or G.M we've ever had....including gibbs...

the culture is completely changed....before, it was about how we're going to put up points or compete at all.... now, its just getting the secoundary to hold up......thats a lot further along than we were.....

ohh, and i recently read an article that painted a perfect picture....
    we were chosen as one of 4-5 teams that had the brightest futures.....why?? because of the star talent we have.... RG3, Morris, Trent, Orakpo, Kerrigan....A stout and young DL, a young and talented WR core, and a good OL gradually improving..... we have talent......its starting to show on the field..

vCash
    in our secondary I see us keeping atleast wilson and maybe merriwether if he can stay healthy and play at the level he did in new england but the seconday is killing us and not having the pass rush missing orakpo and carriker

vCash
    I know our salary cap issues won't allow us to pick up some of these guys, but here's a list I’ve been putting together of players that may be available next off season. My list only includes players who are 27 or younger (and ended up being a list of 26 and 27 year olds).

Potential Free Agents for us are:
    QB Rex Grossman
    C Kory Lichtensteiger
    CB Cedric Griffin
    FS Tanard Jackson

Secondary help is a must for us and it looks like Corner and Safety are both deep this year. I'd like to see us draft some safety and corner help in 2013. Then pick up 1 or 2 corners in free agency as well as some more safety help as needed. Maybe even keep some of the secondary we have (Wilson, Williams, possibly Meriweather, and we can give Jackson a shot when he gets back from his suspension - price permitting). I think the rest have to go.

We have the following picks in the draft:
    - Round 1 (traded to St. Louis for RGIII pick)
    Round 2
    Round 3
    Round 4
    Round 5 (Thanks to trading Albert)
    Round 5
    Round 6
    Round 7

The guys on this list should be free agents at the end of the year (although I have no idea how many of them or which ones will hit the market).

I wouldn't mind seeing us pick up T.J. McDonald or Eric Reid for our first pick in the draft.
    We'll still need depth
    Free Agent Free Safeties:
    Jairus Byrd (Bills)
    Kenny Phillips (Giants)

Drafting Xavier Rhodes, Dee Milliner, or Carrington Byndom would be excellent. Otherwise here are some alternatives:
    Free Agent Corners:
    Derek Cox (Jaguars)
    Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie (Eagles)
    Aqib Talib (Buccaneers)
    Sean Smith (Dolphins)
    Jerraud Powers (Colts)

The O-Line has been holding up pretty well, but I would really like a new Right Tackle and maybe a Center. That said, I can't see spending any early round draft choices on any when we have such a need on defense. Maybe we can get one in free agency.
    Free Agent Offensive Tackles:
    Ryan Clady (Broncos)
    Andre Smith (Bengals)
    Phil Loadholt (Vikings)

Not sure if I really believe we need a new Guard this year, I think Steig and Chester are holding up well, but it never hurts to look for an upgrade, although I'm not sure if Levitre fits our scheme.
    Free Agent Guard:
    Andy Levitre (Bills)

Always nice to have another receiver, but I don't really see any available that excite me so I've listed 1 that would be a nice addition.
    Free Agent Receivers:
    Mike Wallace (Steelers)

What do you think? Who would you add to the list?
    Last edited by pjyancy; 10-28-2012 at 11:21 PM.

vCash
    I don't think we can expect to be too active in free agency. I'm not sure what our cap situation is like, but I assume it isn't pretty due to the cap penalty.

vCash
    I think you're right, I don't expect us to be too busy in free agency, but I'd sure like to see us do something.

I think releasing players like Hall, Doughty, Banks, etc. would help and I don't see Santana coming back at his current cap hit (who knows).

I think they'll find a way to sign some free agents. Maybe none of the top tier ones though.

vCash
    Deangelo Hall will make around $8.3 million next season...
    Santana Moss will make around $6.3 million next season...
    Jamal Brown will make around $5 million next season...

Do you see where I'm going with this?

vCash
    Cutting Hall, Moss and Brown should clear a lot of cap space for us. I might even look into getting rid of Fletcher in the offseason. I know he is a strong leader in the locker room and on the field but he is getting slower every week and was already a liability in pass coverage. He can stop the run up the middle but he hasn't been looking very good this year and at his age it isn't getting better.

My predictions for the offseason
    Sign Aqib Talib in free agency. Has ties to Raheem Morris from Tampa, is a solid CB but won't command crazy money.

Draft the best available DB or ILB in the 2-4th rounds.

Re-sign Tanard Jackson and hope his year off has helped him get his head on straight.

On offense I would love to sign Bowe from KC. We also need to upgrade at RT and I think we can do that in free agency. Additional depth can be had later in the draft or in free agency.

vCash
    IDK about Talib. If we get rid of Hall, we'd be replacing one thug with another.

I'd prefer to get away from those types of players. (although, Talib is a much better player than Hall.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BullsFan_1 View Post
    IDK about Talib. If we get rid of Hall, we'd be replacing one thug with another.

I'd prefer to get away from those types of players. (although, Talib is a much better player than Hall.)
    Yeah that was kind of my point ha-ha.

vCash
    No to Bowe. He wants too much money, and we need to focus 100% of our wallets on defense.

vCash
    we wont go reciever I wouldnt mind DRC and Jairus Byrd for our secondary and resign merriweather and grossman wont be resigned him not being activated for games is telling you something

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast