Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by torocan View Post
    Lin AND Asik's contract are treated as $8.37M per year for 3 years in terms of cap hit.

SO...

Harden - $15m
    Lin - $8.37M
    Asik - $8.37M

Total Cap hit - $31.7M

The backload of the contract is only how much they take home on their paycheck, for Houston it's not the amount that gets counted against their cap.

They also have a number of expirings and non-guaranteed contracts that they can dump, trade, waive, etc.

They have enough room to get a Max player if they want one.

Funny seeing people's comments about large contracts when they're misinformed.

vCash
    Still way too much money for Asik lol.
    DUDA

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    Still way too much money for Asik lol.
    Name some better Centers you can get for $8M through FA?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shep33 View Post
    They still have a very strange mix of players on that team. Probably not playoff contenders now, but they will be eventually. Don't see CP3, Dwight or Bynum leaving their spots though.
    I do...

All 3 of them can bounce to a new team, and I wanted be shocked.

Enjoy Haters
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQkyxNNNefg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImlKH...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

vCash
    The rockets have enough $$$ for a max contract even after considering rookie deals for next years draft and if they pick up options on Parsons, Morris, Patterson.

Also it's a great testament to Morey's foresight as a GM in how he structures his contracts for 2nd round picks. 2 years guaranteed, 2 more as Team Options. Imagine if parsons has a good year and then we'd have to worry about teams poison pulling him with deals like we did with asik and Lin.
    The Most Epic Thread EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Yea what is he thinking not wanting to drive next to or near drunk people. I have never met a more sheltered scaredy cat. As a hobby i find 10-15 homeless guys and give them lots of alcohol and play bumper cars all day but im normal.

vCash
    It was already a tax free state so it might be attractive to a second or 3rd tier star.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shep33 View Post
    They still have a very strange mix of players on that team. Probably not playoff contenders now, but they will be eventually. Don't see CP3, Dwight or Bynum leaving their spots though.
    Ever since Lebron left and went to his biggest rival in the East, nothing surprises me. Especially those 3 who have shown very little loyalty (not saying they're unloyal guys, but they all wanted to leave -- cept Bynum, but he didnt mind leaving kobe's team).

vCash
    "The Rockets are back!" (in my Amare' Stoudamire voice)

vCash
    The rockets should get josh smith,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    I like smith,,,,,,,,,,,, im from georgia,,,
    New York Knicks Pride #2014 IM BACK. LETS GO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rockbottom2010 View Post
    kevin love might be next if t-wolves don't make the playoffs
    in 4 years maybe...

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    This off-season they will still have room for a max contract. But do you think they can draw someone in?
    They always have been especially with the Yao and Tmac combo.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

vCash
    I doubt it. I would say their best bet is Bynum

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by torocan View Post
    Name some better Centers you can get for $8M through FA?
    Don't bother, many don't realize how difficult it is to find a legit big man in today's nba.

I actually think asik could be a most improved player candidate...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JNA17 View Post
    Houston is a big market but Texas?

Ew...just saying lol. XD
    Texas is way better than California economically speaking. Tax-free state, Top business state, great weather, top economic climate, good education, budget surplus, it's own electrical grid (there is 3 in the country eastern U.S., Western U.S., and Texas) meaning lower energy costs (this leads to lower goods costs such as food, clothing, and luxury). Many athletes make Texas home in the off-season.Usually when athletes come here they stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Its weird, players who play in Houston end up staying here forever, meaning, they build a house, buy a business, etc. Tax reasons, cost of living, weather, night life, etc. But for some reason, recently, they haven't been able to lure big time free agents.

Having Harden locked up quickly, and STILL having max contract room will probably change that next year, as the Rockets can even get involved in a SnT with a lot of young assets they still have. I don't think they make the playoffs this season as they are, but they sped up their rebuilding process in a huge way.
    Exactly. The Rockets still have a lot of Assets. They can sign a max, pick up all options, and still sign another $ 11 million contract. I doubt they would do that more apt to do a S&T.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theheatles View Post
    absolutely, the city is an attractive destination for an NBA player, the teams management look determined to win and now the surrounding players would look appealing to a player like Dwight Howard
    the city is an attraction? Have you ever been to Houston? Obviously not

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast