Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 71
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    4,988
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rlundi86 View Post
    This team is not small-market at all; Houston is the 5th or 6th biggest market in the U.S.
    ^^ Still doesn't compare to the "NBA's" big markets: Chicago, Boston, Los Angeles and New York.
    <3

    lakers4sho | Chavacano | EricBallsachs | Avenged24 | still1ballin | GREATNESS ONE | Chacarron
    LakersMaster24 | KB-Pau-DH2012 | 8kobe24 | championships | Lakers+Giants | LakerShow
    AussieLaker | YouCan'tBeatLA


  2. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,878
    vCash
    1500
    Does anyone think Harden was overrated a bit?

    I certainly do. The guy was good dont get me wrong. He just didn't strike me as the max type player. He shoots decently, can get to the rack, but I hardly ever saw him pass the ball or rebound. He doesn't strike me as a leader but maybe I haven't seen him enough to judge.

    I will say that I was very high on Jeremy Lamb during the summer league. To answer the question, it certainly couldn't hurt Houston but I don't see many people rushing to play with Harden.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    4,335
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Chavacano View Post
    ^^ Still doesn't compare to the "NBA's" big markets: Chicago, Boston, Los Angeles and New York.
    Definitely NY, LA and Chicago, but I wouldn't put Boston up there with the first tier of big-market teams. I think Boston and Houston are equal, all things considering. Before KG and Allen came to the C's, Boston wasn't exactly a hotbed for free agents- only once they started winning. Winning makes any market more desirable. If Houston starts winning like Boston, I put them right up there in the second tier of desirable locations for free agents right with Boston.
    Magic. Red Sox. Colts. Knights.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    887
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by THE MTL View Post
    Houston has ALOT of money tied up into a few guys now. They probi only have space for one max deal and I dont think another max player would make them contenders.
    people are really overestimating this.

    they're paying 8 mil a year for Asik and Lin.

    THATS NOT RIDICULOUS. ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY'RE NOT PAYING ANYONE ELSE.

    8 mil/year is very respectable for a sevicable big man. Deandre in making 11/year. Dalembert made 7/year and he was consdiered to be a great bargain last year...

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    23,491
    vCash
    1500
    depends if they win.as highly liked all the guys are that they got.asik,lin,and even harden still have question marks about them.could be great,could be disappointing

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    4,988
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rlundi86 View Post
    Definitely NY, LA and Chicago, but I wouldn't put Boston up there with the first tier of big-market teams. I think Boston and Houston are equal, all things considering. Before KG and Allen came to the C's, Boston wasn't exactly a hotbed for free agents- only once they started winning. Winning makes any market more desirable. If Houston starts winning like Boston, I put them right up there in the second tier of desirable locations for free agents right with Boston.
    ^^ Boston may not be included in the first tier of big market teams but is still a notch above Houston. And I disagree with the bolded part 'cause if it's true then OKC may still have Harden.
    <3

    lakers4sho | Chavacano | EricBallsachs | Avenged24 | still1ballin | GREATNESS ONE | Chacarron
    LakersMaster24 | KB-Pau-DH2012 | 8kobe24 | championships | Lakers+Giants | LakerShow
    AussieLaker | YouCan'tBeatLA


  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    58,293
    vCash
    1500
    Its weird, players who play in Houston end up staying here forever, meaning, they build a house, buy a business, etc. Tax reasons, cost of living, weather, night life, etc. But for some reason, recently, they haven't been able to lure big time free agents.

    Having Harden locked up quickly, and STILL having max contract room will probably change that next year, as the Rockets can even get involved in a SnT with a lot of young assets they still have. I don't think they make the playoffs this season as they are, but they sped up their rebuilding process in a huge way.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    4,335
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Chavacano View Post
    ^^ Boston may not be included in the first tier of big market teams but is still a notch above Houston. And I disagree with the bolded part 'cause if it's true then OKC may still have Harden.
    I disagree. Houston is a bigger city and its warm-weather.

    Also, there's no indication that Harden didn't absolutely love Oklahoma City. He left there solely because he wanted more money than Presti was willing to offer. I don't think it had anything to do with OKC's desirability.
    Magic. Red Sox. Colts. Knights.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    There
    Posts
    8,225
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Supreme LA View Post
    Does anyone think Harden was overrated a bit?

    I certainly do. The guy was good dont get me wrong. He just didn't strike me as the max type player. He shoots decently, can get to the rack, but I hardly ever saw him pass the ball or rebound. He doesn't strike me as a leader but maybe I haven't seen him enough to judge.

    I will say that I was very high on Jeremy Lamb during the summer league. To answer the question, it certainly couldn't hurt Houston but I don't see many people rushing to play with Harden.
    There you go.


    Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.


    Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    King's Landing
    Posts
    8,834
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Chavacano View Post
    ^^ Still doesn't compare to the "NBA's" big markets: Chicago, Boston, Los Angeles and New York.
    So much fuss about "big market NBA teams" getting the advantage. The truth is, there are 3 big market NBA teams and only one is doing well.

    Instead of giving credit to Laker management, people say LA is doing well because of the big market. That's ish talk. The Clippers suck, the Dodgers suck, the Knicks have always sucked, and the Bulls suck.

    BY THE WAY. San Francisco is a big market too. Warriors are bad.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    4,988
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rlundi86 View Post
    I disagree. Houston is a bigger city and its warm-weather.

    Also, there's no indication that Harden didn't absolutely love Oklahoma City. He left there solely because he wanted more money than Presti was willing to offer. I don't think it had anything to do with OKC's desirability.
    ^^ By what you said previously, "winning makes any market more desirable" which would've thus result to an increase in OKC's profit or potential to increase which would've been able to cover Harden's money demands or convinced their team management to further invest in him.
    <3

    lakers4sho | Chavacano | EricBallsachs | Avenged24 | still1ballin | GREATNESS ONE | Chacarron
    LakersMaster24 | KB-Pau-DH2012 | 8kobe24 | championships | Lakers+Giants | LakerShow
    AussieLaker | YouCan'tBeatLA


  12. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    4,988
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    So much fuss about "big market NBA teams" getting the advantage. The truth is, there are 3 big market NBA teams and only one is doing well.

    Instead of giving credit to Laker management, people say LA is doing well because of the big market. That's ish talk. The Clippers suck, the Dodgers suck, the Knicks have always sucked, and the Bulls suck.

    BY THE WAY. San Francisco is a big market too. Warriors are bad.
    ^^ Having a competent FO helps too, you know.
    <3

    lakers4sho | Chavacano | EricBallsachs | Avenged24 | still1ballin | GREATNESS ONE | Chacarron
    LakersMaster24 | KB-Pau-DH2012 | 8kobe24 | championships | Lakers+Giants | LakerShow
    AussieLaker | YouCan'tBeatLA


  13. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,581
    vCash
    1500
    Nice core, young team, most importantly, willing to pay.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    541
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by THE MTL View Post
    Houston has ALOT of money tied up into a few guys now. They probi only have space for one max deal and I dont think another max player would make them contenders.
    They don't have a single max player, the lin deal is what, 3 years? That's nothing. NYC has ALOT of money tied up into a few guys.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,928
    vCash
    1500
    al jefferson could be a good fit

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •