Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Are the Rockets now a more attractive destination for FA

This off-season they will still have room for a max contract. But do you think they can draw someone in?

vCash
    absolutely, the city is an attractive destination for an NBA player, the teams management look determined to win and now the surrounding players would look appealing to a player like Dwight Howard
    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
    - Arthur Schopenauer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theheatles View Post
    absolutely, the city is an attractive destination for an NBA player, the teams management look determined to win and now the surrounding players would look appealing to a player like Dwight Howard
    lol... Not happening with Howard...

But I do see BYNUM!!!

Asik would be a perfect back up for Bynum, Houston making moves

Enjoy Haters
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQkyxNNNefg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImlKH...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

vCash
    Having Harden helps but the harsh reality is that big market teams will always be more attractive no matter how well constructed a small market team is.

^^ No because Houston isn't included in his shoe deal.

lakers4sho | Chavacano | EricBallsachs | Avenged24 | still1ballin | GREATNESS ONE | Chacarron
    LakersMaster24 | KB-Pau-DH2012 | 8kobe24 | championships | Lakers+Giants | LakerShow
    AussieLaker | YouCan'tBeatLA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chavacano View Post
    Having Harden helps but the harsh reality is that big market teams will always be more attractive no matter how well constructed a small market team is.

^^ No because Houston isn't included in his shoe deal.
    This team is not small-market at all; Houston is the 5th or 6th biggest market in the U.S.
    Magic. Red Sox. Colts. Knights.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rlundi86 View Post
    This team is not small-market at all; Houston is the 5th or 6th biggest market in the U.S.
    ^^ Still doesn't compare to the "NBA's" big markets: Chicago, Boston, Los Angeles and New York.

lakers4sho | Chavacano | EricBallsachs | Avenged24 | still1ballin | GREATNESS ONE | Chacarron
    LakersMaster24 | KB-Pau-DH2012 | 8kobe24 | championships | Lakers+Giants | LakerShow
    AussieLaker | YouCan'tBeatLA

vCash
    ^^ Still doesn't compare to the "NBA's" big markets: Chicago, Boston, Los Angeles and New York.
    Definitely NY, LA and Chicago, but I wouldn't put Boston up there with the first tier of big-market teams. I think Boston and Houston are equal, all things considering. Before KG and Allen came to the C's, Boston wasn't exactly a hotbed for free agents- only once they started winning. Winning makes any market more desirable. If Houston starts winning like Boston, I put them right up there in the second tier of desirable locations for free agents right with Boston.
    Magic. Red Sox. Colts. Knights.

vCash
    So much fuss about "big market NBA teams" getting the advantage. The truth is, there are 3 big market NBA teams and only one is doing well.

Instead of giving credit to Laker management, people say LA is doing well because of the big market. That's ish talk. The Clippers suck, the Dodgers suck, the Knicks have always sucked, and the Bulls suck.

BY THE WAY. San Francisco is a big market too. Warriors are bad.

vCash
    Does anyone think Harden was overrated a bit?

I certainly do. The guy was good dont get me wrong. He just didn't strike me as the max type player. He shoots decently, can get to the rack, but I hardly ever saw him pass the ball or rebound. He doesn't strike me as a leader but maybe I haven't seen him enough to judge.

I will say that I was very high on Jeremy Lamb during the summer league. To answer the question, it certainly couldn't hurt Houston but I don't see many people rushing to play with Harden.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Supreme LA View Post
    Does anyone think Harden was overrated a bit?

I certainly do. The guy was good dont get me wrong. He just didn't strike me as the max type player. He shoots decently, can get to the rack, but I hardly ever saw him pass the ball or rebound. He doesn't strike me as a leader but maybe I haven't seen him enough to judge.

I will say that I was very high on Jeremy Lamb during the summer league. To answer the question, it certainly couldn't hurt Houston but I don't see many people rushing to play with Harden.
    There you go.

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rlundi86 View Post
    Lol, exactly....we aren't NY, LA, or Chicago...but after that we are just as "big" as anyone else......I say if we were to finish between the 6-8 seed, while Lin and Harden play well, then we can attract that big name FA....I look at the Dwight situation as the Lakers have a one year window...if they don't win the ring this year, then why in the hell would you stay if you're Dwight???....You'd be wasting your prime on an aging team who already had their window closed........Rockets positioned themselves nicely with this move...

The Evil Empire Strikes Back...Take Em Home Frankie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqlJl1LfDP4

vCash
    Their glaring need is a PF or SF, but unfortunately there really aren't any free agents this summer.

Al Jefferson will be a free agent, but I'm not sure it would be smart to commit long term to a core of Lin - Harden - Parsons - Jefferson - Asik. Also I'm not sure Jefferson is a PF anymore at his weight.

Igoudala will probably sign an extension midseason. Josh Smith is probably the next best SF, but again suffers from position identity issues like Jefferson and is probably not a fulltime 3 anymore. And again Lin - Harden - Smith - White - Asik ....is not a core I'd commit to long term.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Their glaring need is a PF or SF, but unfortunately there really aren't any free agents this summer.

Al Jefferson will be a free agent, but I'm not sure it would be smart to commit long term to a core of Lin - Harden - Parsons - Jefferson - Asik. Also I'm not sure Jefferson is a PF anymore at his weight.

Igoudala will probably sign an extension midseason. Josh Smith is probably the next best SF, but again suffers from position identity issues like Jefferson and is probably not a fulltime 3 anymore. And again Lin - Harden - Smith - White - Asik ....is not a core I'd commit to long term.
    Are you serious?? Parsons is a borderline top 10 sf with no camp as a rookie last season. He is definitely a top 5 defender at the position. Then there's Terrence Jones who honestly has the highest ceiling of anyone on the team.

Patterson had a sophomore slump but I solid and motie has dirk nowitzki offensive potential.

vCash
    the city is an attraction? Have you ever been to Houston? Obviously not

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangers72 View Post
    the city is an attraction? Have you ever been to Houston? Obviously not
    Yeah Houston is nice, WAAAY better than Dallas or the DFW area. i mean you want to talk boring its the DFW area. At least in the Houston area there is shopping, nightlife, Galveston beach and the island, Woodlands Pavilion, the Galleria. You can hop over to Louisiana to do some gambling. Oklahoma is close to Dallas guess you hop over there and do some farming.
    U MAD LAKERS FANS --- DON'T WORRY THERE'S ALWAYS 2017

SOMETHING TELLS ME DWIGHT HOWARD IS LOVING HIS DECISION RIGHT NOW!!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast