Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Lebron's best playoff performance so far

Within the context of the games as well, not just about numbers.
    For me it's either 07 game 5 vs Detroit or game 6 2012 vs Boston, one was a pivotal game 6, the other was a game 6 elimination.

vCash
    Game 6 against Boston. 80% of those makes were jumpshots. Down 3-2 with all the weight and pressure on his shoulders.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB-Pau-DH2012 View Post
    Game 6 against Boston. 80% of those makes were jumpshots. Down 3-2 with all the weight and pressure on his shoulders.
    Couldn't agree more. Tom Haberstrough, your friend lol, had an article after that game stating it wasn't his best statistical performance in the playoffs. But it's about more than that.

As you said, with everything on his shoulders, he stepped up big.

vCash
    Definitely Game 6 last year... People were basically talking about how the team blew it (Pierce hit that three over Lebron too), and that LBJ failed again, and that the team would be blown up and whatnot,.... and he went out there and instead, he goes into kill mode, posting 45-15-5 in enemy territory during an elimination game.

I think the Piston one was great too, but at that time, he didn't have everybody on him. Cleveland was expected to lose the series in the first place (not as much pressure to succeed).

On Russel Westbrook's Chances at Defensive Player of the Year:

Quote Originally Posted by Money_23 View Post
    I think he has a good case. He's the only guy who can hold Durant to under 30 points a game.

Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

But Tittays are forever.

vCash
    2011 finals no doubt

vCash
    That game against Detroit was one of the best individual efforts I've ever seen in my life..

GO JAYS GO!!

Follow me @3mikee_

vCash
    Game 6 vs. Boston. Pure domination. He didn't even change the expression on his face the entire game. The whole performance was just epic. From the opening tip to Lebron walking victoriously off the court while deafeted Bostons fans dump beer on his head.

vCash
    Top 2 IMO were during his 2011-2012 run against the pacers (2) and Boston (1)

LETS GO HEAT

vCash
    Detroit Pistons 07
    Boston 012
    Magic ECF 09 Game 1
    Indiana 012

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

vCash
    Game 5 against the Pistons in 2007 was the best individual playoff effort I've ever seen.

29 of his team's last 30 points in the 4th and two overtimes. I've never seen a player attack the rim as ferociously and consistently as he did in that game. He was a one-man team. 48 points (18-33), 9 rebounds, 7 assists, 2 steals.

No disrespect to Jordan's Finals Game 6 1998 or "The Flu Game".

Game 6 last year was amazing. 45-15-5 is remarkable...as is 19 for 26 shooting. But we've long knocked LeBron for not being "clutch" (despite obviously being so very clutch so often), and that game against Detroit embodies clutch. That was the most impressive game I've seen in my life.

vCash
    Game 6 last season against Boston is fresh in everyone's mind, but the people that said '07 vs Detroit are correct. He literally carried that team through the 4th quarter AND OT against one of the best defenses of the decade.

vCash
    In terms of pressure, expectations, legacy being on the line it's game 6 of last year's ECF without a doubt. I mean can you imagine the other worldly scrutiny he would be under had he not stepped up and won that game in-front of that crazy and insane Boston crowd?

But if you consider just individual performance in a playoff game it's game 5 of 07 ECF against the defensive juggernaut Pistons. He dismantled that tenacious Pistons team literally by himself in an unprecedented fashion. That was domination at it's finest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    Game 5 against the Pistons in 2007 was the best individual playoff effort I've ever seen.

29 of his team's last 30 points in the 4th and two overtimes. I've never seen a player attack the rim as ferociously and consistently as he did in that game. He was a one-man team. 48 points (18-33), 9 rebounds, 7 assists, 2 steals.

No disrespect to Jordan's Finals Game 6 1998 or "The Flu Game".

Game 6 last year was amazing. 45-15-5 is remarkable...as is 19 for 26 shooting. But we've long knocked LeBron for not being "clutch" (despite obviously being so very clutch so often), and that game against Detroit embodies clutch. That was the most impressive game I've seen in my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixerlover View Post
    Game 6 last season against Boston is fresh in everyone's mind, but the people that said '07 vs Detroit are correct. He literally carried that team through the 4th quarter AND OT against one of the best defenses of the decade.
    I know I always preach context when comparing things historically, but this is a great example of how useful it can be. If you're just talking about which performance is most impressive from an athletic standpoint or a numbers standpoint, clearly it's the Detroit game. He singlehandedly took apart the greatest defense of the decade to overachieve and help his team reach the finals.

BUT, he wasn't playing for anything. The dude was 22 years old and had no clue of how the game would impact his legacy. When you have nothing to lose, it's a hell of a lot easier to not worry about anything and just do your thing.

The game 6 in Boston was a better game, IMO, because he had EVERYTHING to lose. He had just spent the last two years being hated by the world and criticized for choosing Miami and then spent the last year being criticized for failing on the biggest stage in the Finals. If they don't win that game, he had to deal with it all for another year. And perhaps they make changes in the offseason. Or what if Wade's health starts to decline and they don't get another shot?

I cannot remember a game in the history of my time watching sports where a player had more on his plate than Lebron James in game 6 against Boston last year. And he absolutely crushed it in every way possible.

vCash
    Who do you guys feel was the better defensive team? Who was better overall? Those Celtics or those Pistons?
    Yo Kobe, get at me bro, we'd have a good time, man

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I know I always preach context when comparing things historically, but this is a great example of how useful it can be. If you're just talking about which performance is most impressive from an athletic standpoint or a numbers standpoint, clearly it's the Detroit game. He singlehandedly took apart the greatest defense of the decade to overachieve and help his team reach the finals.

BUT, he wasn't playing for anything. The dude was 22 years old and had no clue of how the game would impact his legacy. When you have nothing to lose, it's a hell of a lot easier to not worry about anything and just do your thing.

The game 6 in Boston was a better game, IMO, because he had EVERYTHING to lose. He had just spent the last two years being hated by the world and criticized for choosing Miami and then spent the last year being criticized for failing on the biggest stage in the Finals. If they don't win that game, he had to deal with it all for another year. And perhaps they make changes in the offseason. Or what if Wade's health starts to decline and they don't get another shot?

I cannot remember a game in the history of my time watching sports where a player had more on his plate than Lebron James in game 6 against Boston last year. And he absolutely crushed it in every way possible.
    well put. I wouldn't have an argument if looking at it through historical eyes. I was simply referring to pure on court dominance, not bring the off the court factors into play.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Who do you guys feel was the better defensive team? Who was better overall? Those Celtics or those Pistons?
    Detroit's reign was coming to an end, but I would've probably taken that group over the '11-'12 Celtics defensively.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast