Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    vCash
    Dump him he sucked in Cleveland and Detroit now this, use the money to sign DRC and or Goldson/Byrd

vCash
    Idk how anybody who has watched any of the past 7 eagles games...looks at anyone on that defense and says oooo i want him

Drc has potential but if were going off his play in philly hes hasnt been very good

We Want Winston

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TKiv18 View Post
    If the team is only on the hook for the remainder of his salary for this season, I wouldn't be surprised if they cut him now. He's only eligible for the regular season finale. Schiano doesn't play around. I think he's as good as gone.
    I would imagine we would at least keep him for week 17, especially since the Bucs are in the playoff hunt, but I agree with you that his future in Tampa is pretty much over. His average/below-average level of play on the field is clearly not worth the big money we paid him, nor the off the field antics that he's put the team through.

@bucc4life:

Another interesting name to throw out there is Chris Gamble of the Panthers. Right now there is a lot of speculation that he could be a cap casualty next season because he's owed a lot of money and is coming of season ending shoulder surgery. I don't think the Panthers will be able to afford to keep him, especially if they try to rebuild when/if Ron Rivera is fired.

Save us, Jameis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quikdraw View Post
    I would imagine we would at least keep him for week 17, especially since the Bucs are in the playoff hunt, but I agree with you that his future in Tampa is pretty much over. His average/below-average level of play on the field is clearly not worth the big money we paid him, nor the off the field antics that he's put the team through.
    Exactly.

I don't think we're going to find a true #1 corner unless we're really fortunate come draft time, but there will be plenty of quality #2 corners available in free agency. We have plenty of cap space (even more if the team does cut Wright), so finding a replacement shouldn't be too hard.

I think CB, FS, and possibly DE will be looked at in FA. CB, D-line, and TE in the draft. I'm not as worried about the O-line as others, but it's always a possibility. I think with a healthy Joseph and Nicks we'll be fine. Dotson is replaceable but not incapable and Meredith and Larsen provide solid depth. Get the secondary shored up and keep looking for pass rushers and we'll be good. One more receiving threat for Free would be nice.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345