Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    By being suspended four games this season, the guaranteed money in Bucs CB Eric Wright’s contract for next season is now null and void. Eric Wright will lose $1.7 million this season and he is scheduled to make $7.75 million next season. Suspension could cost him $9.45 mil.
    - Schefter's twitter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KHinrich12 View Post
    - Schefter's twitter
    Do you think he will get canned at the end of the year?

Save us, Jameis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quikdraw View Post
    I would, if I was the GM. That's a lot of money for someone who hasn't played up to expectations. I'd rather use it on someone else.

vCash
    Possibly, but its to early to determine that now and it'd be dumb to ship him off right now with our cb status! For a team stand point we'd be more vulnerable to do so and out of our minds to to trust what we have with out him, talib was 1 thing but to drop the other would be dumb without a decent replacement! I say keep him until he either shows us he's worth keeping or we replace him with better can't rely on what we have!
    "In dieing need of a rebound season, 2o14 Leggo"

vCash
    Reports are he has a prescription but it somehow wasnt cleared with the nfl. Even tho it was prescribed he wasnt allowed to take it without an NFL. Waiver. That is stupid and theres obviously an issue with tons of players on numerous team having this issue.

Until i hear otherwise i will go by these reports and i dont fault people for taking prescribed legal medication.

We Want Winston

vCash
    I basicly think we have to sign/draft like 2-3 CB's.

vCash
    ^^^ interesting names this offseason

Greg Toler Cards
    Brent Grimes **** Birds
    Cary Williams Ravens
    Leodis McKelvin Bills
    Captain Munnerlyn Pssy Cats
    Zackary Bowman Bears
    Nate Clements Bungles
    Mike Jenkins Cowbltches
    Tracy Porter Broncos
    Chris Houston Lions
    Sam Shields Fudge Packers (restricted)
    Glover Quin Texans
    Jerraud Powers Colts
    Derek Cox Jags
    Rashean Mathis Jags
    Sean Smith Dolphins
    Aqib Talib Spytriots
    Joselio Hanson Raiders
    Shawntae Spencer Raiders
    Ronald Bartell Raiders
    Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie Eagles
    Antoine Cason Chargers
    Quentin Jammer Chargers
    Marcus Trufant Seachickens
    Cedric Griffin Foreskins

a whole lot of #2's and #3's

If you have great defense, create turnovers and great special teams, you can win 10 games - Lovie Smith

vCash
    ^^^Well I think you can cross Aqib Talib off the list.

vCash
    If the team is only on the hook for the remainder of his salary for this season, I wouldn't be surprised if they cut him now. He's only eligible for the regular season finale. Schiano doesn't play around. I think he's as good as gone.

vCash
    Also, chancing $10 million because he forgot to file league paperwork...?! What a dumb@$$!! Seriously, do any of you really want a guy on the team that is that brain-dead?

Dominik should have paid him in quarters. And a dollar for a pick. He would have made like 10 bucks this year, not bad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    Reports are he has a prescription but it somehow wasnt cleared with the nfl. Even tho it was prescribed he wasnt allowed to take it without an NFL. Waiver. That is stupid and theres obviously an issue with tons of players on numerous team having this issue.

Until i hear otherwise i will go by these reports and i dont fault people for taking prescribed legal medication.
    ^^^ I agree!
    "In dieing need of a rebound season, 2o14 Leggo"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TKiv18 View Post
    Also, chancing $10 million because he forgot to file league paperwork...?! What a dumb@$$!! Seriously, do any of you really want a guy on the team that is that brain-dead?

Dominik should have paid him in quarters. And a dollar for a pick. He would have made like 10 bucks this year, not bad.
    Im trying to tell you i think there is some sort of issue on the nfls side....like they changed their protocol and didnt inform players or teams or something

At the very least we have Haden, Talib, Wright, Sherman and Browner. Thats a lot

I havent heard about what exactly Brandon Bolen or Jermaine Cunningham took both got 4 games, could be Adderall as well

Its just a little suspicous the whole things, and we all know how forthcoming the nfl is

Idk if he should stay or go, could go either way...prob could find similar talent cheaper but corners already a weakness and he played well most of the time he was on the field

We Want Winston

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    Im trying to tell you i think there is some sort of issue on the nfls side....like they changed their protocol and didnt inform players or teams or something

At the very least we have Haden, Talib, Wright, Sherman and Browner. Thats a lot

I havent heard about what exactly Brandon Bolen or Jermaine Cunningham took both got 4 games, could be Adderall as well

Its just a little suspicous the whole things, and we all know how forthcoming the nfl is

Idk if he should stay or go, could go either way...prob could find similar talent cheaper but corners already a weakness and he played well most of the time he was on the field
    What we should be considering is how he helps the team not did he use drugs…. I hate to be the heartless one but this violation basically voids the guaranteed portion of his contract. We need to examine if he currently is worth and or living up to the contract we signed him to? If the answer is yes, we keep him, if the answer is no then at the end of the season we can walk away from him with 0 liability. Hate to be a jerk but I am honestly thinking he has done us a favor.

vCash
    i think id **** myself if we picked talib up. lmao
    Thank you Glazer's for the free tickets!!!

vCash
    This is an interesting article back in July basically questioning all these Adderall claims.

Is Adderall becoming the new excuse for steroids users?

Posted by Mike Florio on July 31, 2012, 6:29 PM EST

For an athlete caught using steroids, the four-game suspension is nothing compared to the scarlet “S” that gets applied to their permanent P.R. record.

The player never will be viewed the same way. If he succeeds, cynics will say it’s because he’s using steroids. If he becomes average or worse, the fact that he’s not using steroids any longer will be identified as the reason.

But since the league says nothing publicly about the reason for a suspension imposed under the NFL policy regarding anabolic steroids and related substances, the player who is suspended can say whatever he wants — and the league never will correct the record.

Previously, players popped for steroids blamed a spiked over-the-counter supplement. Even if anyone ever bought that excuse, no one does anymore.

And so it could be that the new non-steroid alibi arises from Adderall, a prescription ADD medication.

Giants safety Tyler Sash blames his four-game suspension on Adderall. Previously, Packers defensive end Mike Neal did the same thing. Both claim they were using it with a prescription.

If they’re telling the truth (and we’re not saying they aren’t), why didn’t the NFL reduce or eliminate their suspensions?

Giants running back Andre Brown was using Adderall with a prescription but without advance approval from the league. He tested positive, he appealed, and his suspension was lifted. Ditto for Texans punter Brett Hartmann, whose four-game suspension was cut to three — and who now has approval to take Adderall.

If Neal and Sash are telling the truth, the NFL’s procedures seem to be horribly inconsistent. (Then again, even if Neal and Sash aren’t telling the truth, the fact that Brown got no suspension and Hartmann received three games makes no sense.)

Either way, Adderall provides players with a convenient strategy for avoiding the stigma of steroids. The fact that league can say nothing about the facts and circumstances surrounding the suspension allows the players to say whatever they want.
    Link

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast