Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dubh46 View Post
    I hate when Westy plays like this. When he plays selfish we don't do good.
    Pressure is on him because we no longer have Harden to be that filter, and Scotty doesnt like playing him and Maynor together. I just wish he'd just make the routine play sometimes and realize the attention he gets is gonna get others opportunities.

Red Sox, Ravens, Thunder, Blackhawks, UConn and Penn St. Fan!

vCash
    Sometimes the best thing to do is just pass. He doesn't see it that way though.

vCash
    Impressed with Martin's passing

vCash
    SMH, Our guys still dont value the basketball, easily playing well enough defensively to get this done just poor decisions and sloppy play with the ball

vCash
    Well we definately have plenty to work on. K Mart looked good, wish we would have gotten to see the rookies in action. Congrats to KD on the 10,000 point milestone and we need Russ and Ibaka to come to play or we're **** outta luck in a bunch of games.

vCash
    Well i thought the defense was solid, Thabeet gave us solid mins, really like what Martin is gonna bring, i also thought Serge was quicker in his rotations and stay down when he needed to a few more times then im used to. Westbrook was classic bad Westbrook and we lost because of it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    Well i thought the defense was solid, Thabeet gave us solid mins, really like what Martin is gonna bring, i also thought Serge was quicker in his rotations and stay down when he needed to a few more times then im used to. Westbrook was classic bad Westbrook and we lost because of it.

This is what we will miss about Harden. When Westy played bad like tonight Brooks would put the ball in James hands. We don't have that option without taking someone out and bringing Maynor in. People think we got better, but its these little things we lost that will end up hurting us.

On to the next. Westy has a tough match up again tomorrow. That Damian Lillard can ball. He is a D Rose type PG. Hope Westy rebounds from this quickly.

vCash
    i'm done with the "you see how we miss harden !".
    Harden is gone
    he wanted dollars, he gets it.
    final dot. now move on OUR team,our CURRENT player.

i'm really upset about this 1st game, it will take too many time to talk about each thing but, here are the main ones :
    - don't expect to win if we're playing defense like this. you only have to watch one play, the last one. just look at Russel Westbrook, the ALL-STAR ! you want to win a championship with that kind of defense ? thunder are "defense-first team ? seriously ? watch it again. You can play defense if you have a brain, westbrrok didn't have his one tonight (hope he'll find it for some game in the season)
    -18 ast ! during our win in pre season, our win against San antonio, we were passing the ball. great basketball, high score and W at the end...are we back to one-on-one basketball ? damned !!
    - Scotty brooks : harden is not the problem, you have solution : play maynor, his playmaking is awome. put the ball away from russ hand at the end. Play maynor at the point and russ at 2 !
    - scotty brooks, the return : why did you win against spurs in playoff last year ? answer : we put parker down, throughing thabo on him on D. We get 4 consecutive wins with that system. Opening game, we expect an nba coach to have some analysing skills, some memories.... Russel westbrook was always on Parker ! are you serious ? even for the last possession, you know that it will be on parker hand ? and you can come back to the first thing i say : whatch the last possession and tell me if you win championship with that defense ?

a long way to go...the problem is not harden is gone...this is just an excuse, not the problem !

vCash
    I'll just say it straight up... This team is not going to win a championship with Brooks as the coach. That's a fact.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    people need to stop freaking out its just one game. we lost to san antonio with harden too.
    some positives:
    durant rebounding better and tries playmaking, he will get better at it.
    k-mart was good. didnt do things he doesnt know how to do. good pick-up.
    maynor was a bit off but still its great to have him back.
    thabeet looked suprisingly good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dubh46 View Post
    This is what we will miss about Harden. When Westy played bad like tonight Brooks would put the ball in James hands. We don't have that option without taking someone out and bringing Maynor in. People think we got better, but its these little things we lost that will end up hurting us.

On to the next. Westy has a tough match up again tomorrow. That Damian Lillard can ball. He is a D Rose type PG. Hope Westy rebounds from this quickly.
    This...Either Westbrook has to make better decisions or Maynor or KD needs to close games. This trade is either gonna force Westbrook to become a better player or force him off the ball in the clutch.

Disappointed i didnt see much evolution offensively, imo Serge needs to get 10 + shots per game, simple post touches and pick and pop plays. I counted about 4 designed plays for him, that has to improve and i ssaw no post ups for KD, again a disappointment.

vCash
    Well tonight we play against Portland..Hopefully we can take game 1 as a lesson and learn from it

also why didn't Perry Jones or Jeremy Lamb play??

- Durant (35)
    - Ibaka (9) Go Okc!!!
    - Westbrook (0)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Amaziing View Post
    Well tonight we play against Portland..Hopefully we can take game 1 as a lesson and learn from it

also why didn't Perry Jones or Jeremy Lamb play??
    We won't see them much at all to start the season.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    When did Thabeet become better then Ibaka?

Thabeet 16 min, 4 pts, 4 rbs, 2 blocks and a +/- of +11
    Ibaka 21 min, 5 pts, 4 rbs, 1 block and +/- of -1

(stats as of 4th quarter with 7:50 left)

vCash
    Thabeet has thoroughly impressed me, the only question was his work ethic and they put him around a bunch of workers and he's followed suit. He looks to always be where he's supposed to on the floor.

KMart is fitting right in and i swear everytime he gets an open jumper i think it's going in, he's gonna do wonders for our floor spacing and late game execution. I saw a couple play where there were driving lanes tonight because the guy didnt wanna leave KMart. That would have never happened previously here.

Our defense as a whole has been pretty good to start this season, guys are rotating, fighting thru screens, etc.

I think the next level for Westbrook is gonna be when he realizes the more he gets EVERYONE involved the easier it will be for him. We had multiple 6 and 8 point leads in this game where it was like he was gonna take it upon himself to push the lead. But if you get Collison, Ibaka, and Sefolosha buckets then your still pushing the lead but your freeing some lanes for yourself.Sometimes your gonna be cold and you cant push the lead or maintain it on your own. KD has to learn that to an extent too. It cant just be dump downs and wide open stuff, they need to make concerted efforts to say hey i'm gonna get Serge a shot this time down, im gonna get Sefolosha a corner 3. Thats the next level of maturity i wanna see these guys take.

Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast