Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031
    Thank goodness for the Houston Rockets, nothing like a little rivalry to kick start the "male bonding" and cure what ails the Thunder. Second meeting in a row that seems to have renewed the boys' will to kick some butt. Can't afford to go into any more funks. This season is about to get real in just 19 games.

If You See Westbrook Wrestling a Grizzlie.... pity the bear....

he's back!

Here we are, literally days away from the playoffs, and these guys still cannot seem to stay focused. Jacking up 3 pointers like a bunch of kids at the school yard, not focusing on defense, leaving opponents wide open shots possession after possession. Right now they are the poster child of everything I hate about professional athletes. Self serving divas with very little sense of accountability to either their teammates or their fan base. I'm sick of the post game 'we gotta do this better..' or ' we gotta do that....' or whatever. Just shut the **** up and do it!

Westbrook's brother called for Brooks' head in a twitter post during game 3 and the question has been asked if Scotty should be fired if we lose this series.

I waited to post until after last night. Primarily because I had a gut feeling the Thunder would win. How? I wasn't sure, but I thought they would win and everything would seem right with world and my response would not seem to be a knee jerk reaction to the game 3 loss. Now before anyone starts questioning my loyalty, let me define it for you, my loyalty lies squarely and completely with "the Thunder", the team, and not with any one individual. Just exactly where any Thunder fan's loyalty should be. My answer to the question is no, he should not be fired if they lose this series, but he should be replaced if he fails to get his team to play consistently at a championship level from here to the end of the playoffs. It's nothing personal, it's just business. Brooks' job is to get a team with 2 of the top 5 players in the entire league to the next level and if he fails to do that after having those 2 players for 6 straight seasons, a starting 5 that has been together longer than any team in the playoffs, and a team deemed the deepest in his tenure at OKC then he SHOULD be replaced. What is that next level? Is it winning a championship? Not necessarily. I never said that, I said playing at a championship level. What is that championship level? It's developing a cohesive and consistent half court strategy. A team cannot win at this level without one. Along the line, some team will force you to play half court offense, it's inevitable. Dallas did it in the 2009/10 Western Conference Finals, and we lost. Miami did in the 2010/11 NBA Finals, and we lost. Memphis did last season and we lost. They are doing it again this year and we are hanging on by a fingernail. My question has been, is Brooks not teaching and encouraging one or are the players just not willing to do it? The encouraging part, for me at least, is we played a strong, 5 man, half court game last night.... for 3 quarters. Then my question about Brooks was answered, during the break between the 3rd and 4th quarter, Brooks called for the same old 2 man basketball that had put us in this 2-1 hole in the first place and almost got us into a 3-1 hole. Read the Oklahoman, Brooks' quote to Durant going into the 4th quarter, "you gotta take over, you gotta take over..." First, as we saw, he didn't, and second, WHY? By playing an aggressive 5 man game for 3 quarters the Thunder had amassed a 12 point lead. Why abandon something that had worked all night and step backwards into a plan that had failed miserably in the 2 previous games? A plan that failed against Dallas in 2009/10 and again against Miami in 2010/11? Going into that 4th quarter, the player with the best shooting percentage in the series was Serge Ibaka and Reggie was even hotter than Serge last night. KD and Russell had been stone cold all night. Winning teams go with the hot hands when the game is on the line. So how many drive and kicks did the Thunder run in the 4th quarter for Serge? None, he got one shot in the fourth, a contested 3. Wanna guess how many Serge got in overtime? If you said "none", you win the prize. Further, last night will always be remembered as Reggie Jackson's night and it will be easy to forget the real story there. Any guesses how many shots Reggie actually took in the 4th quarter? Three. Don't believe me? Go to the Thunder website and look at the play by play link. Just three. Reggie gets 2 more shots off in that 4th quarter and this game probably never goes to overtime. The Thunder keep playing the 5 man ball like they did the first 3 quarters and we very possibly win by 20. When Brooks called for that same old tired 2 man game, not only did our offense go ker-splat, the Grizz were allowed right back into their comfort zone and they had the highest scoring quarter by either team all night. This was not the result of the players doing their own thing, or players not playing hard, this was the direct result of Brooks' call. Bottom line, Reggie bailed him out last night. The question is, does Brooks realize it and does he recognize his mistake? An even bigger question is, will he continue to make it? My original contention was that this post was business and nothing personal. Ask yourself an honest question; If, in your job, you continued to make the same mistake over and over again and it was costing your employer money, what would happen? You would find yourself seeking other employment... its just business. This team demonstrated for everyone to see that they have the capability of executing a championship level, 5 man, half court offense when it counts, in the playoffs... this IS that next level that we always hear talked about. But in the final analysis, will Brooks let them do it? Or will he continue to fall back on that same old 2 man game? I say, if he can't let the championship level half court offense flow..... Brooks has got to go. Some may think, 'ah, he is just a Brooks hater' and nothing would be farther from the truth. I love Scotty Brooks. When I said he may have to go, I didn't say where, did I? If Presti is forced to make a coaching change, my sincere desire is that Scott Brooks be retained in some capacity that keeps him with the Thunder forever if he wants it.... because make no mistake about it...in my book, he's earned it. My greatest wish is that after looking at film Brooks aims that "truth gun" at himself and rises to this challenge. If he does, I truly believe no one can beat "us". If he does, even if we don't win the Championship, but it is clear he is taking this team to the next level, that "championship level", I'll back him 100%.
    Last edited by Soonerule; 04-29-2014 at 04:41 PM.

The biggest match up for the Thunder this season and the last post from their regular season game thread was almost 2 years ago. If Durant join the Warriors during FA this off season, you guys will know why....a dead OKC forum

Come on yall! Lets get some life in this forum! PAUL GEORGE TO OKC!

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031