Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    Thabeet has thoroughly impressed me, the only question was his work ethic and they put him around a bunch of workers and he's followed suit. He looks to always be where he's supposed to on the floor.

KMart is fitting right in and i swear everytime he gets an open jumper i think it's going in, he's gonna do wonders for our floor spacing and late game execution. I saw a couple play where there were driving lanes tonight because the guy didnt wanna leave KMart. That would have never happened previously here.

Our defense as a whole has been pretty good to start this season, guys are rotating, fighting thru screens, etc.

I think the next level for Westbrook is gonna be when he realizes the more he gets EVERYONE involved the easier it will be for him. We had multiple 6 and 8 point leads in this game where it was like he was gonna take it upon himself to push the lead. But if you get Collison, Ibaka, and Sefolosha buckets then your still pushing the lead but your freeing some lanes for yourself.Sometimes your gonna be cold and you cant push the lead or maintain it on your own. KD has to learn that to an extent too. It cant just be dump downs and wide open stuff, they need to make concerted efforts to say hey i'm gonna get Serge a shot this time down, im gonna get Sefolosha a corner 3. Thats the next level of maturity i wanna see these guys take.
    I can't disagree with a damn thing you said. One point you forgot is that KD has to start protecting the ball more. As of right now he is turning the ball over at a higher rate then Russell (and thats with Russ getting that turnover with 20 seconds against the Spurs that was KD's fault). I like that he is leading the league in rebounding after two games but we need to get turnovers under control early this season.

vCash
    I agree LJ, KD's ball security has come a long way and i think he can average a legit 4 to 5 assists per game this year, just gotta manage the turnovers.

Also i forgot to mention how well i thought Perk played defensively on Aldridge, he was physical, solid lateral movement and contested everything.

Glad to see Nick more aggressive, he's taking 6 shots per game this year as opposed to 3 last year and i think he keeps it up. If he's open and sets his feet on his mid range jumper its going in.

Scotty confirmed that we pretty much have a nine and a half man rotation. Thabeet, Collison, Martin and Maynor off the bench w/PJ3 or RJ as the 10th guy depending on the matchup.

Red Sox, Ravens, Thunder, Blackhawks, UConn and Penn St. Fan!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by baller101200 View Post
    I'll just say it straight up... This team is not going to win a championship with Brooks as the coach. That's a fact.

x2

But I also said we won't win with Westbrook being our PG.

vCash
    The only things I take from the 2 games is that we will be a really really good team this year when Ibaka starts making his shots like we all know he will. Brooks needs to be able to change his thought process when it proves to be wrong. If he would accept being wrong then he would grow as a coach.

I don't see us being a great team though. Not until Brooks take control of the team, and holds them accountable of their actions.
    Last edited by dubh46; 11-03-2012 at 04:35 PM.

vCash
    And Frenchi- If Harden was here we would not worry about it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dubh46 View Post
    The only things I take from the 2 games is that we will be a really really good team this year when Ibaka starts making his shots like we all know he will. Brooks needs to be able to change his thought process when it proves to be wrong. If he would accept being wrong then he would grow as a coach.

I don't see us being a great team though. Not until Brooks take control of the team, and holds them accountable of their actions.
    We've been waiting for Brooks to be a good coach for awhile. I would much rather see Ibaka play on the blocks , instead of having 3 pt range. Just like when Hakeem wanted to work with Ibaka over the summer and Brooks said that he didn't need him too. Thats freaking insane, because if Ibaka becomes a post presence then we will be damn near impossible to stop.

vCash
    Brooks will never be a good coach. That's just fact at this point.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    Bad, bad loss.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by baller101200 View Post
    Bad, bad loss.
    Thats an understatement.

vCash
    A positive...

Kevin Martin can ****ing shoot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dubh46 View Post
    And Frenchi- If Harden was here we would not worry about it.

actually, martin can be more lethal for us than was harden. The only thing really different is that harden was holding the ball off Russ hands... so we just have to find someone else to keep this ball (maynor is the most skilled player as playmaker in this team !!) and tat will be lethal !!
    close games with maynor, westB, martin, Durant ibaka/perk or try one bet : KD with the ball at the point...forcinf a SF to defend against KD from the PG situation...look how lebron is effective in that scheme (ok, kd will win the TO stats )

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchie View Post

actually, martin can be more lethal for us than was harden. The only thing really different is that harden was holding the ball off Russ hands... so we just have to find someone else to keep this ball (maynor is the most skilled player as playmaker in this team !!) and tat will be lethal !!
    close games with maynor, westB, martin, Durant ibaka/perk or try one bet : KD with the ball at the point...forcinf a SF to defend against KD from the PG situation...look how lebron is effective in that scheme (ok, kd will win the TO stats )
    LOL! I was joking with you buddy, but if Harden were still here you would have gotten the joke.

vCash
    Raps fan here.... thanks for dragging us onto national tv for the first time in forever. We're not expecting much but we don't often get blown out by upper-echelon teams like we always used to. Hoping for a fun, fast-paced game.

"Juuuuuuuuuuuuust a bit outside. Wild Thing tried for the corner and missed."

vCash
    Great half so far.

vCash
    Thabeet has been so impressive tonight.

Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast