Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Thunder official training camp thread

We can use this to discuss all training camp and preseason Thunder topics.

I think going in obviously 8 spots in the rotation are locked in. I think Thabeet and Orton will battle for the 9th spot. For the 10th spot I think it will be between Fisher, PJ3 and Gomes.

The things I'm looking most forward to finding out...

How far along is PJ3 in his development?( No longer DLeague eligible)

Can Orton close the gap on Thabeet defensively?

How much will Reggie Jackson play with Russ?

What will be the go to lineup to close games?

He'll clearly have a role, but how extensive will Lamb's role be?

Red Sox, Ravens, Thunder, Blackhawks, UConn and Penn St. Fan!

vCash
    Well my opinion is Perry Jones will breakout this year and become a great player off the bench. I can see him working out with his idol (Kevin Durant), and Ino Kevin will make sure Perry improves
    I see Perry becoming a KD v2

Thabeet and Orton will be a great matchup, hopefully with Orton improving it can allow Thabeet to work Extra harder..

vCash
    Yea I'm personally rooting for PJ3 and Orton to fill out the rotation. They bring the ability to finish at the rim. Tho I wouldn't be mad if Fisher or Gomes are become that 10th man it would be a bit alarming for PJ3's career if he can't beat them out.

vCash
    ďI think thatís the biggest thing. Mentally, itís going to be a big step for myself and moving forward with this team. Getting the opportunity to kind of sit back ó this is my first time basically seeing the game from a different view ó to kind of sit back and watch a whole game when Iím not playing is different. I think itís something that can help me to see some of the things that you guys [the media] may see or somebody may see, the crazy shots I shoot, I can sit back and see, so I think itís good for me.Ē

Westbrook quote from a piece done by Jeff Caplan, literally the best thing I've ever read lol

vCash
    And my bad, PJ3 is still DLeague eligible, keep thinking it's his 3rd yr instead of his 2nd

vCash
    Whats up guys, are we going to get any huge Thunder news tonight? Kinda like last year when the Harden trade was announced during the OU - Notre Dame game. In response to the other posts,hope Orton overcomes Thabeet for back up center and really want to see which young kid steps up this year.

vCash
    What's up LJ!? Hope ur offseason went well. Yeah I'm hoping the same as far as Orton. I also wanna see how far along the offensive system comes.

vCash
    Grant Jerrett not on the roster right now because he'll sign directly with the Tulsa 66ers. If he signed with the Thunder and got cut we'd lose his rights. He could develop into a Channing Frye w/better D. I look forward to seeing him develop.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    Grant Jerrett not on the roster right now because he'll sign directly with the Tulsa 66ers. If he signed with the Thunder and got cut we'd lose his rights. He could develop into a Channing Frye w/better D. I look forward to seeing him develop.
    I hope he continues to improve, love what I saw out of him at the summer league. With Russ's injury I really wish we would have signed Dwight Buycks as well. Hope Jackson and Fisher are ready cause we're going to need them. Same with Lamb and PJ3.

vCash
    Thunder win in Turkey. Perkins gets a dislocated finger, anxious to see who gets the most minutes out of Thabeet and Orton if he sits Tuesday.

vCash
    Steven Adams looked solid, I can already tell I'm gonna love Roberson. Lamb got after it on D and played poised on O.

Hopefully Orton balls out Tuesday afternoon, we are gonna need more offense in the lineup with Russ out, I'm also hoping Gomes plays well. I'd prefer that they were the 9th and 10th man right now.

vCash
    Idk if it's a enough of a sample size to judge him adequately but PJ3's mid range jumper should be much further along. He also never uses his athleticism to pump fake off of it and take a few dribbles to attack the rim. Seems to be another year of a bunch of Tulsa games in his future.

Lamb looks sooo much better defensively than I thought he would. He's also playing poised on O, his shot isn't faking right now but we all know he can shoot. I'm glad everything else looks up to par.

I also gotta admit, I thought Adams would spend his whole rookie yr in Tulsa but he has absolutely put himself in the mix at backup C. He just looks alot more comfortable than I thought he would at this stage. He has natural soft hands so even when he doesn't catch it clean he's able to double catch it and put it up. He's also really active on both ends.

It looks like they are using the 4th qtrs to use Serge as the go to guy. I like it.

vCash
    Thunder waive Daniel Orton

vCash
    Now my hope is Steven Adams continues to play well and bears out Thabeet. Also hoping Gomes shows something, enough to be that 10th man, either him or another vet brought in if he's not up to it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    Now my hope is Steven Adams continues to play well and bears out Thabeet. Also hoping Gomes shows something, enough to be that 10th man, either him or another vet brought in if he's not up to it.
    Adams gets better at not biting on the pump fake and starts staying out of foul trouble he could really turn into something.

If You See Westbrook Wrestling a Grizzlie.... pity the bear....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast