Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Kevin Martin

vCash
    No kidding. I always knew he was a great free throw shooter, but I never realized how easily he gets there. I'll be honest, I really underestimated K-Mart ability to score... He's crazy efficient.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    K-Mart had a down year in Houston last year efficiency wise, but he's been crazy efficient in his scoring since he got to OKC. It's looking like the trade-off might a bit better than most people expected.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by baller101200 View Post
    No kidding. I always knew he was a great free throw shooter, but I never realized how easily he gets there. I'll be honest, I really underestimated K-Mart ability to score... He's crazy efficient.
    What intrigued me about Martin was the thought of him coming here and going up against teams 3rd best or second team defenders vs always facing the Sefolosha's of the league every night. In our loss at Houston when Thabo was hurt, he lit Cooke up for 32 points. My concern was could he or would he take that step back into the 6th man role and I think he has answered that pretty well so far. I would criticize his defense but our defense hasn't been that great at times whether he was on the floor or not. Now if he can answer Dub's concern about staying healthy we are all set. I've got a feeling he may prove more durable playing for a contender, but that is just my opinion.

I would also like to point out that he is in the last year of his contract. How many times have we seen a player in the last year of a contract have a career season? Again, just my opinion.

He's Back!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteBO View Post
    K-Mart had a down year in Houston last year efficiency wise, but he's been crazy efficient in his scoring since he got to OKC. It's looking like the trade-off might a bit better than most people expected.
    Yeah, Martin is definitely doing his best to keep Presti from regretting the trade.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Soonerule View Post
    What intrigued me about Martin was the thought of him coming here and going up against teams 3rd best or second team defenders vs always facing the Sefolosha's of the league every night. In our loss at Houston when Thabo was hurt, he lit Cooke up for 32 points. My concern was could he or would he take that step back into the 6th man role and I think he has answered that pretty well so far. I would criticize his defense but our defense hasn't been that great at times whether he was on the floor or not. Now if he can answer Dub's concern about staying healthy we are all set. I've got a feeling he may prove more durable playing for a contender, but that is just my opinion.

I would also like to point out that he is in the last year of his contract. How many times have we seen a player in the last year of a contract have a career season? Again, just my opinion.
    I agree with all of this. If he can stay healthy and score efficiently (is it too much to ask for him to stay as efficient as he has been? Haha), then the Harden trade becomes much easier to swallow.

vCash
    Yeah, Martin is definitely doing his best to keep Presti from regretting the trade.
    I want to see some Presti get him signed long term. Maybe he will take the pay cut that Harden wouldn't take.

vCash
    I agree with all of this. If he can stay healthy and score efficiently (is it too much to ask for him to stay as efficient as he has been? Haha), then the Harden trade becomes much easier to swallow.
    It really makes you wonder where he would be had the trade occurred in August before training camp. Where the Thunder as a team would be had they had that time to adjust rather than just days before the season started?

He's Back!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LJEATON26 View Post
    I want to see some Presti get him signed long term. Maybe he will take the pay cut that Harden wouldn't take.
    Of course it's just my opinion, but I don't think that is the plan. Don't have a specific reason to feel this way, but I just have that feeling and my hope is that we find a way to get Jeremy Lamb plenty of playing time so he can step in as seamlessly as possible. It is so easy to forget about Lamb and that he was considered one of the most athletic prospects in the draft.

He's Back!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Soonerule View Post
    It really makes you wonder where he would be had the trade occurred in August before training camp. Where the Thunder as a team would be had they had that time to adjust rather than just days before the season started?
    Yeah, this is two straight seasons where there was a lot of chaos going on to start the season (lockout and Harden trade). It's scary to think how they'd do with a legitimate preseason/training camp.

vCash
    I'm pretty sure they'll lock him up.

vCash
    ray:
    I'm pretty sure they'll lock him up.

vCash
    @dailythunder: K-Mart is averaging 17.1 PPG on 9.6 FGA. Only guy in NBA history with 17 PPG on less than 10 FGA is Artis Gilmore in 1981 (via @D_Talley).

vCash
    Hes a beast. Making it a lot easier to forget about Harden, who is finally coming down to earth after his impressive start. Has any team ever had back to back 6th man of the year awards with two different players?

vCash
    Hes a beast. Making it a lot easier to forget about Harden, who is finally coming down to earth after his impressive start. Has any team ever had back to back 6th man of the year awards with two different players?
    I highly, highly doubt it. That'd be pretty cool.

vCash
    I highly, highly doubt it. That'd be pretty cool.
    Looked it up and it has happened once with the Celtics. Kevin McHale in 84-85 and Bill Walton in 85-86. McHale also won it in 83-84 for the only 6th man team three-peat.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast