Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 63

Thread: Kevin Martin

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,699
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by dubh46 View Post
    The only time I want Jackson on the floor is to high five the guys during a timeout. lol

    All joking aside I blast the kid a lot, but I am starting to see some potential. He is just too loose with possesions and you can't trust him to be a scorer YET.
    I love his potential but that's my problem with him right now too, we just dont have room for someone else that can be a little careless with the ball. If he can continue to mature and harness that he has the tools to be a player.

    Red Sox, Ravens, Thunder, Blackhawks, UConn and Penn St. Fan!

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    KDs couch
    Posts
    2,101
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    I love his potential but that's my problem with him right now too, we just dont have room for someone else that can be a little careless with the ball. If he can continue to mature and harness that he has the tools to be a player.


    He will get there. Maybe by next season. I just cringe when he takes off full speed with the ball. No telling were the ball will end up. lol

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,699
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by dubh46 View Post
    He will get there. Maybe by next season. I just cringe when he takes off full speed with the ball. No telling were the ball will end up. lol
    No middle ground...either in the hoop or in the 5th row lol

    Red Sox, Ravens, Thunder, Blackhawks, UConn and Penn St. Fan!

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,699
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by dubh46 View Post
    He better have improved on defense since he can't be any worse. lol! I just hope he stays healthy. If he plays 70+ games this season then we win 55 games. If he misses more than that we win 50-52 games. That is if we don't make anymore moves. Presti will bring in 2 guys soon. I hope that those guys can bring offense to take pressure off the 2nd unit guards.
    Gonna be interesting to see who Presti brings on, you would think Orton would be one of them.

    Red Sox, Ravens, Thunder, Blackhawks, UConn and Penn St. Fan!

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    KDs couch
    Posts
    2,101
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    Gonna be interesting to see who Presti brings on, you would think Orton would be one of them.


    I think Orton brings the one thing we have not had in OKC. A scoring low post guy you can dump the ball down to. Also it would be great for Perk to have to cover a scoring C in practice instead of Cole and Thabeet. Orton is a big raw kid who, when healthy, can play some ball. Then I would look for an insurance guy at the sg/sf spot.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,699
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by dubh46 View Post
    I think Orton brings the one thing we have not had in OKC. A scoring low post guy you can dump the ball down to. Also it would be great for Perk to have to cover a scoring C in practice instead of Cole and Thabeet. Orton is a big raw kid who, when healthy, can play some ball. Then I would look for an insurance guy at the sg/sf spot.
    Yeah, he has a good feel for the game as well, i really wanna see us keep working with that guy.

    Red Sox, Ravens, Thunder, Blackhawks, UConn and Penn St. Fan!

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    277
    vCash
    1500
    would be nice to see pietrus, too bad he wont sign for the minimum

  8. #23
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    27,255
    vCash
    500
    @DarnellMayberry: Kevin Martin: "One thing I made a conscious effort to do this off-season was go back to being a solid defender."
    .

    Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    27,255
    vCash
    500
    @DarnellMayberry: Martin admitted he won't be a lockdown defender. But he brought up a great point. He's never played w/ 2 paint protectors like Perk & Ibaka
    .

    Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,699
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by OKC View Post
    would be nice to see pietrus, too bad he wont sign for the minimum
    Good call, i'd be with it, even if it just means a tough defender guarding KD in practice

    Red Sox, Ravens, Thunder, Blackhawks, UConn and Penn St. Fan!

  11. #26
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    27,255
    vCash
    500
    Pietrus would be a perfect backup to KD.

    Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    OKC
    Posts
    1,004
    vCash
    1500
    http://www.nba.com/thunder/video/201...987/index.html

    It hit me watching the videos how perspectives can change in a short amount of time. Can you imagine how thrilled we would have been not to long ago if we had had two rookies of the caliber of Jeremy Lamb and PJIII coming in at the same time?

    If you don't watch any other video, watch Kevin Martin's interview. This is the face you see after a tornado has ripped through your house and all your family is fine. I've seen that face because I've had that face. Relief and hope, everything about his body language oozes with along with excitement, the man couldn't stand still. From everything I have read in the last couple of days about Martin, he spent the entire off season preparing for the role Harden is now saddled with. He has worked very hard and I think it is because he is beginning to realize his mortality, not the BIG mortality, but his mortality as a player. Couple that with the fact he is in the last year of his contract and you have all the ingredients for a player having a great year and we are the benefactors of that.

    I really think we are going to see the effects of yet another dose of Presti Magic, I do. All of this materialized so quickly and when the smoke clears we find out that Martin played for Brooks at Sacramento and Lamb played for Kevin Ollie at Connecticut. We have to remember Kevin Ollie was here while we were building this thing from the ground up and it gives him a unique perspective when asked "will this guy fit our system" and supposedly Ollie said this is your guy. Add to that, Brooks spent a lot of time with Martin one on one like assistants do back in his Sacramento days giving him a unique advantage evaluating whether he would fit into his system. Those 2 alone almost sells the trade but Presti gets 2 first rounds and a virtually guaranteed 31st pick as the whipped cream topping with a cherry on top.

    I was not excited about Cole Aldrich as our backup center.... at all. If we bring Orton back I will feel even better. I would like to have some options behind Perkins.

    Back to Kevin Martin. The more I read, the more I like. Personally, I think he will be a much better fit for Maynor than Harden was because he does more without the ball than I felt Harden did. I think we will see Maynor's assists go through the roof playing with this guy. I think we also want to remember this is a guy that IS a starting 2 and a starting 2 who was the go to guy. A lot of us hoped that Harden would be able to step into a starting role here but he struggled every time he got a chance. When Thabo got hurt last year and Harden started it was a disaster. Bottom line, I'm pumped. I think we'll forget about the beard by Christmas if not before. This guy is smooth, he's smart and he can play.

    He's Back!

  13. #28
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,894
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by baller101200 View Post
    .
    I think his fg percent is going to sky rocket since hes going to be taking wide open shots with KD and Russ on the floor.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The City
    Posts
    801
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by baller101200 View Post
    .
    I can't wait for this season to start

    - Durant (35)
    - Ibaka (9) Go Okc!!!
    - Westbrook (0)

  15. #30
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    27,255
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Soonerule View Post
    http://www.nba.com/thunder/video/201...987/index.html

    It hit me watching the videos how perspectives can change in a short amount of time. Can you imagine how thrilled we would have been not to long ago if we had had two rookies of the caliber of Jeremy Lamb and PJIII coming in at the same time?

    If you don't watch any other video, watch Kevin Martin's interview. This is the face you see after a tornado has ripped through your house and all your family is fine. I've seen that face because I've had that face. Relief and hope, everything about his body language oozes with along with excitement, the man couldn't stand still. From everything I have read in the last couple of days about Martin, he spent the entire off season preparing for the role Harden is now saddled with. He has worked very hard and I think it is because he is beginning to realize his mortality, not the BIG mortality, but his mortality as a player. Couple that with the fact he is in the last year of his contract and you have all the ingredients for a player having a great year and we are the benefactors of that.

    I really think we are going to see the effects of yet another dose of Presti Magic, I do. All of this materialized so quickly and when the smoke clears we find out that Martin played for Brooks at Sacramento and Lamb played for Kevin Ollie at Connecticut. We have to remember Kevin Ollie was here while we were building this thing from the ground up and it gives him a unique perspective when asked "will this guy fit our system" and supposedly Ollie said this is your guy. Add to that, Brooks spent a lot of time with Martin one on one like assistants do back in his Sacramento days giving him a unique advantage evaluating whether he would fit into his system. Those 2 alone almost sells the trade but Presti gets 2 first rounds and a virtually guaranteed 31st pick as the whipped cream topping with a cherry on top.

    I was not excited about Cole Aldrich as our backup center.... at all. If we bring Orton back I will feel even better. I would like to have some options behind Perkins.

    Back to Kevin Martin. The more I read, the more I like. Personally, I think he will be a much better fit for Maynor than Harden was because he does more without the ball than I felt Harden did. I think we will see Maynor's assists go through the roof playing with this guy. I think we also want to remember this is a guy that IS a starting 2 and a starting 2 who was the go to guy. A lot of us hoped that Harden would be able to step into a starting role here but he struggled every time he got a chance. When Thabo got hurt last year and Harden started it was a disaster. Bottom line, I'm pumped. I think we'll forget about the beard by Christmas if not before. This guy is smooth, he's smart and he can play.
    So true Sooner. Had we gotten players like Lamb and PJ3 just 2-3 years ago, we'd all be going crazy over how great Presti did. Oh how things change...

    Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •