Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kevin Martin

vCash

Kevin Martin

what do you think we should do with him?
    extend him, trade him,let him leave?

vCash
    I think we use him this year and see how he fits. I think he will be a more consistent spot up shooter over Cook and more versatile. Whether he will be resigned will depend on many factors, but I say let him take Daquan's spot and have fun.

If You See Westbrook Wrestling a Grizzlie.... pity the bear....

vCash
    Kevin Martin is really underrated part of this deal, he's moves well without the ball and brings spot up shooting that meshes better with KD and Russ then Harden did. I expect him to play well because he wont have to create his own shot nearly as much which i think will raise his percentages. Btw, he shot 39 percent from 3 on spot up opportunities last year, he's gonna get a ton more of those then probably ever in his career.

Red Sox, Ravens, Thunder, Blackhawks, UConn and Penn St. Fan!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    Kevin Martin is really underrated part of this deal, he's moves well without the ball and brings spot up shooting that meshes better with KD and Russ then Harden did. I expect him to play well because he wont have to create his own shot nearly as much which i think will raise his percentages. Btw, he shot 39 percent from 3 on spot up opportunities last year, he's gonna get a ton more of those then probably ever in his career.
    I think he gets resigned kinda like Perkins and Collison did.

vCash
    Thank you Carey... It seems like people don't realize just how good Martin is at shooting the ball.

As for the question, it's way too early to tell. There's so many things that will play into what we do with Martin; team performance, individual performance, Martin's health, trade offers we receive, Lamb's development, etc.

If Martin can stay healthy, expect to be very pleasantly surprised by his performance. He's an offensive force.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by baller101200 View Post
    Thank you Carey... It seems like people don't realize just how good Martin is at shooting the ball.

As for the question, it's way too early to tell. There's so many things that will play into what we do with Martin; team performance, individual performance, Martin's health, trade offers we receive, Lamb's development, etc.

If Martin can stay healthy, expect to be very pleasantly surprised by his performance. He's an offensive force.
    Alex Kennedy: Kevin Martin is ecstatic after unexpected move from worst to first. He was frustrated on rebuilding Rockets. Now he's on contending Thunder. Twitter @AlexKennedyNBA Maybe that will help us sign him for a 3 year deal. That will keep us under the luxary tax. We are going to be a force for years either way though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LJEATON26 View Post
    Alex Kennedy: Kevin Martin is ecstatic after unexpected move from worst to first. He was frustrated on rebuilding Rockets. Now he's on contending Thunder. Twitter @AlexKennedyNBA Maybe that will help us sign him for a 3 year deal. That will keep us under the luxary tax. We are going to be a force for years either way though.
    I was kind of waiting to hear what KMart's response would be to the trade before saying much but now that he has I can say if this guy stays healthy he has the potential to be a tremendous asset.

If You See Westbrook Wrestling a Grizzlie.... pity the bear....

vCash
    The problem is, he can't stay healthy.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    That's because he was always the 1st or 2nd option. Some people just aren't made for that.

vCash

Who helps us out if he goes down? Our starters can only play so much before they need a rest. Thabo is not a great scorer, and as much as I like Lamb, I don't know if he will contribute a lot this season. Liggens hit water once when playing a pick up game in a swimming pool. If KMART goes down for any real amount of time we will struggle.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dubh46 View Post
    Who helps us out if he goes down? Our starters can only play so much before they need a rest. Thabo is not a great scorer, and as much as I like Lamb, I don't know if he will contribute a lot this season. Liggens hit water once when playing a pick up game in a swimming pool. If KMART goes down for any real amount of time we will struggle.
    If that happens i think we play serious small ball and play Jackson at the 2, or we use Lamb in a spot up shooting mode like Cook. Either way more pressure would go on Maynor.

vCash
    http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/film...n-kevin-martin

Great story on KMart, talks about how well he's played this season and even his improved defense. Here's some quotes...

What most people, even the diehards who devour the game, might not know, however, is just how effective Martin has become as a playmaker via the game’s bread and butter play, the pick-and-roll. Last year K-Mart ranked in the 94th percentile when operating out of the pick-and-roll, averaging .988 points per possession according to Synergy Sports. And though all the standard sample size caveats apply, it’s at least worth noting that Martin currently ranks No. 1 in the league when operating out of the pick-and-roll, producing a ridiculously gaudy 1.385 points per possession so far this preseason.
    “He had a shooting workout regimen this summer that was the best he’s ever done. Watching him shoot the ball this preseason, I’ve never seen him more locked in consistently in terms of mechanics. He’s still very athletic; he’s super quick and he knows the game better than he ever has before. And that combination suggests he should have a career year and that’s exactly what he’s trying to shoot for.”
    Martin has been a man on fire this preseason, shooting 61 percent from the field while scoring at a ridiculous rate of nearly 31 points per 40 minutes (for context, last season’s scoring champ Kevin Durant scored at a 29.1 per 40 minutes clip). In short, he’s once again donning his Captain Efficiency getup, riddling opposing defenses with his usual assortment of and-1 isolations, transition threes, knifing cuts and spot-up jumpers that seem to barely rustle the twine while splashing through the net.

Hold up – Kevin Martin playing defense? And for that matter: Kevin Martin, he of the 2.1 assists per game average, making plays for his teammates? What in Pete Sampras is going on here?

Let’s tackle that defense first. McHale isn’t just blowing smoke, nor is he the only one who’s noticed Martin’s improved play on that end. David Thorpe, Executive Director of Pro Training Center, NBA analyst for ESPN.com and also the man who perhaps knows Martin’s game as well as anyone given that he’s served as Martin’s offseason trainer for a decade, says he’s heard the same sentiment echoed elsewhere around the league – and he thinks he knows why.

“I get text messages from scouts all the time saying they’ve never seen Kevin play defense like this before,” Thorpe says. “I just laugh and say to myself, ‘Well, he’s never had Omer Asik on his team before.’”
    Last edited by Carey; 10-29-2012 at 02:32 PM.

vCash
    If that happens i think we play serious small ball and play Jackson at the 2, or we use Lamb in a spot up shooting mode like Cook. Either way more pressure would go on Maynor.

The only time I want Jackson on the floor is to high five the guys during a timeout. lol

All joking aside I blast the kid a lot, but I am starting to see some potential. He is just too loose with possesions and you can't trust him to be a scorer YET.

vCash
    All KMart has to do is play his game and give effort to be a solid defender. He's had little to no playoff success in his career and i think this opportunity is gonna motivate him to do just that. I get more and more excited about this deal everyday, i think he's gonna come up alot bigger then people think and when i look at whats available in free agency next year i think i'd be on board with locking him into a modest contract this offseason provided he fits as well as i think he will.

vCash
    http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/film...n-kevin-martin

Great story on KMart, talks about how well he's played this season and even his improved defense. Here's some quotes...

He better have improved on defense since he can't be any worse. lol! I just hope he stays healthy. If he plays 70+ games this season then we win 55 games. If he misses more than that we win 50-52 games. That is if we don't make anymore moves. Presti will bring in 2 guys soon. I hope that those guys can bring offense to take pressure off the 2nd unit guards.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast