Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    If he gives us the slashlines YS mentioned he could be a 2-3 WAR type guy.

He won't cost much and the Mets need OF help as desperately as possible.

If he is out there make the move.
    Cool sig

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsnQueens7 View Post
    Cool sig
    Thanks

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    vCash
    Bring in Barry Bonds.

I don't know about you, but I'd take him over Melky. You know he can 'roided up or not.

Desperate times we are. Thank you Yoda.

Shea Stadium Scoreboard May 31, 1964

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since 1987
    Los Angeles Kings 2012 and 2014 Stanley Cup Champions -
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

vCash
    I don't particularly care for him, but we have like 5 guys on the roster that are 3rd/4th outfielders. So anything is worth a look right now.
    Sandy Alderson says Mets' 2014 payroll will be more than $87 million
    (11/19/2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Alderson
    Payroll is $85 million this year. It was $85 million last year.
    (05/27/14)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Alderson
    I don't think we're that far away.
    (6 games under .500 before June. Not that far away from what?)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    We know more than that, Cabrera's BB% and% have been the same, his LD% have gone up just a tick over the last 2 years, but nothing to suggest that roids has helped him in that aspect. What has increase for sure was his ISO, which is why I am not assuming anything.

Now, I am going to assume that given the fact that he was 26 when his performance started to get better one cannot ignore the fact that he was entering his prime and that also may have been a reason for his better production. We seen how many guys who reach 26-27 and have been 4th outfielder types start to produce better.

Again for a 1 year deal it would be an ideal signing, if he goes back to stinking like he did in Atlanta, then it was just a 1 year deal, if he does well, then the Mets gamble would of paid off.
    You sign a proven roids user with a recent uptick in performance at your own risk. See: Guillermo Mota.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Right move, spend money on a cheat to find out the hard way that he can't perform like you hoped without the juice. Remember some of these guys aren't smart enough to learn after the first suspension.

vCash
    I will take my chances with Den Dekker and see what he's got than occupy roster space and playing time with a proven cheater.

vCash
    not interested

dude is a first class bum

vCash
    If you sign this guy you sign him to a 2 year deal. He will rebound and you want to have some control over him if he does so. Also, I would only add a guy like Melky if we deal guys like Duda and Niese for an Upton or something comparable. Adding just Melky alone is useless. Ok sweet, he gets us 2-3 more wins by himself, but that's not taking you anywhere unless you address the other blatant holes on this team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yfern328 View Post
    If you sign this guy you sign him to a 2 year deal. He will rebound and you want to have some control over him if he does so. Also, I would only add a guy like Melky if we deal guys like Duda and Niese for an Upton or something comparable. Adding just Melky alone is useless. Ok sweet, he gets us 2-3 more wins by himself, but that's not taking you anywhere unless you address the other blatant holes on this team.
    Duda Yes, Niese ,No. You build with pitching and in Niese, Harvey Wheeler and Gee you have the makings of a very good pitching staff for the future.

While I truly love the guy, I would trade Dickey, ( sorry FOC), before I would trade Niese. KC is looking for pitching. Maybe we could work out a trade for either Gordon or Hosmer.

vCash
    I agree 100%

vCash
    if we get him cheap and he can be half of what he was this year with san fran its still 100 times better than jason bay and on the plus side you can hit melky 5 or even leadoff

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY Sports Fan View Post
    Duda Yes, Niese ,No. You build with pitching and in Niese, Harvey Wheeler and Gee you have the makings of a very good pitching staff for the future.

While I truly love the guy, I would trade Dickey, ( sorry FOC), before I would trade Niese. KC is looking for pitching. Maybe we could work out a trade for either Gordon or Hosmer.
    I would take Gordon if that were all possible. The guy has doubles power, decent homerun power and OBP % and can hit you around .300 and can replace Bay in left.
    Last edited by SILVER SEAVER; 10-30-2012 at 03:22 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123