Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    He will get more than 5M from the Phillies.

vCash
    The "After-Roid" player is never as good as the "pre-roid" player(look at a-rod,giambi as recent examples of this) and if they need the roid's they aren't good pre-roid to begin with lol, that said...we all seem to be forgetting 1 very important thing, the Mets do not have 3-4 million laying around to give to one player, even if it magically appeared we'd be outbid by another team, sucks having no wiggle room.
    Last edited by DisgruntledGoat; 10-28-2012 at 06:56 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DisgruntledGoat View Post
    The "After-Roid" player is never as good as the "pre-roid" player(look at a-rod,giambi as recent examples of this) that said...we all seem to be forgetting 1 very important thing, the Mets do not have 3-4 million laying around to give to one player, even if it magically appeared we'd be outbid by another team, sucks having no wiggle room.
    True, but his FA value has dropped significantly since the steroid suspension, even if he can be 2+fWAR type guy that's worth 2-5 million this season some GM's think he will get.

vCash
    People act like A-Rod sucks now. He still had a .342 wOBA this year with a terrible 2nd half.

He's also 37 years old. A lot of players decline at this time, even if they never took steroids.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    People act like A-Rod sucks now. He still had a .342 wOBA this year with a terrible 2nd half.

He's also 37 years old. A lot of players decline at this time, even if they never took steroids.
    That's mostly because a lot of Yankee fans are spoiled *******s.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    That's mostly because a lot of Yankee fans are spoiled *******s.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    If he would sign for 1 year to re-establish his market value it would be ideal, but a 3 year deal around 15 million perhaps?

I think roids help him a bit, but roids does not help with hand eye coordination and Melky has always been a guy that does not K much and walks at a slightly above average rate.

The Mets and Alderson also are not scared of signing a roids user.
    do not assume what Roids did or didnt do for Melky. Here's what we know: Until the last two years, Melky was a glorified 4th outfielder.

The last two seasons he became an All Star. Then he tested positive.

I wouldnt touch him with a 30-foot pole, especially since he'll be looking to sign for all star prices even though he's merely a 4th outfielder without the benefits of modern chemistry.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    do not assume what Roids did or didnt do for Melky. Here's what we know: Until the last two years, Melky was a glorified 4th outfielder.

The last two seasons he became an All Star. Then he tested positive.

I wouldnt touch him with a 30-foot pole, especially since he'll be looking to sign for all star prices even though he's merely a 4th outfielder without the benefits of modern chemistry.
    We know more than that, Cabrera's BB% and% have been the same, his LD% have gone up just a tick over the last 2 years, but nothing to suggest that roids has helped him in that aspect. What has increase for sure was his ISO, which is why I am not assuming anything.

Now, I am going to assume that given the fact that he was 26 when his performance started to get better one cannot ignore the fact that he was entering his prime and that also may have been a reason for his better production. We seen how many guys who reach 26-27 and have been 4th outfielder types start to produce better.

Again for a 1 year deal it would be an ideal signing, if he goes back to stinking like he did in Atlanta, then it was just a 1 year deal, if he does well, then the Mets gamble would of paid off.

vCash
    Agreed it would be worth the gamble at 5M or so, but Fredo won't pony up and the Phillies will. Must be nice rooting for a big market franchise.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    We know more than that, Cabrera's BB% and% have been the same, his LD% have gone up just a tick over the last 2 years, but nothing to suggest that roids has helped him in that aspect. What has increase for sure was his ISO, which is why I am not assuming anything.

Now, I am going to assume that given the fact that he was 26 when his performance started to get better one cannot ignore the fact that he was entering his prime and that also may have been a reason for his better production. We seen how many guys who reach 26-27 and have been 4th outfielder types start to produce better.

Again for a 1 year deal it would be an ideal signing, if he goes back to stinking like he did in Atlanta, then it was just a 1 year deal, if he does well, then the Mets gamble would of paid off.
    This I agree with, I don't think he was totally aided by the roids. Something like .290/.330/.450 would be expected.

vCash
    Yes, hopefully the Mets are smart enough to target him along w/ Juan Pierre, both players will make peanuts next year.
    For the best sports gifs and memes visit
    http://aviewfromthebleachers.tumblr.com/

vCash
    Agreed with Sick and YS. If he's not going to command a lot of money, there are several options, none of them terrible:

1.) He stinks it up, he's out of here in a year. If that.
    2.) He performs to an All-Star level again, tests positive again. Benefit from the production for the short period of time he was active.
    3.) He performs well for the duration of the season.

www.DailyStache.net You Gotta Believe
    R.I.P UAPeople

vCash
    So when we sign him he's gonna be horrific-Jason Bay level- and we'll all be pissed.

vCash
    If he gives us the slashlines YS mentioned he could be a 2-3 WAR type guy.

He won't cost much and the Mets need OF help as desperately as possible.

If he is out there make the move.

vCash
    I'd do it

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast