Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 113
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,446
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    I'm sick of hearing generation K, Harvey is not going to be a bust. Take that to the bank.
    You just can't say something like that. You don't know, I don't know.

    Hopefully he doesn't he looked great for us this year, but its not a sure thing.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    53,111
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
    You'd still have Dickey, Santana, Niese, Gee, Pelfrey, Mejia, Familia, Hefner and others.
    No we don't have Pelfrey, Santana is gone after 2013, Mejia is not going to be a starter, same for Familia, Hefner is a 5th starter at best, but not someone you want to rely on. Who are the others?

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    53,111
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
    You just can't say something like that. You don't know, I don't know.

    Hopefully he doesn't he looked great for us this year, but its not a sure thing.
    At worst, he's going to be an innings eater, at best he's going to be Justin Verlander. He has the stuff to be the best pitcher in baseball.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    21,911
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Gose does not have a ton of pop and strikes out a ton. A .785 OPS in Vagas is TERRIBLE.

    Again, I love D'Arnaud but he hasn't shown anything at the big league level yet. Catchers do not last long, so I'd rather deal someone else to get him.

    Nicolino is nowhere near to making an impact. A lot can go wrong from A ball to the majors.

    I'm sick of hearing generation K, Harvey is not going to be a bust. Take that to the bank.
    They wouldn't obviously be acquiring him for OPS or power, more likely the fact that he could grow in a very good leadoff hitter who could steal a ton of bases and play a great CF.

    D'Arnaud is a great young bat and they wouldn't keep him at the catcher's spot forever. Who knows what their 1st base situation will be like 5 years down the line?

    As for Nicolino, he is just a throw in to get a quality LHP spec with long term potential.

    Are there better trades out there for Harvey prospect wise? No doubt but i was more commenting on how ridiculous Marisnick, Arencibia, and Deck Mcguire were for Harvey than anything else.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    53,111
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    They wouldn't obviously be acquiring him for OPS or power, more likely the fact that he could grow in a very good leadoff hitter who could steal a ton of bases and play a great CF.

    D'Arnaud is a great young bat and they wouldn't keep him at the catcher's spot forever. Who knows what their 1st base situation will be like 5 years down the line?

    As for Nicolino, he is just a throw in to get a quality spec with long term potential.

    Are there better trades out there for Harvey prospect wise? No doubt but i was more commenting on how ridiculous Marisnick, Arencibia, and Deck Mcguire were for Harvey than anything else.
    Give me Marisnick over Gose. At least he has a much larger upside.

    I'm glad the Mets aren't even considering trading Harvey. Front-line young pitching is the most valuable commodity.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,446
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    No we don't have Pelfrey, Santana is gone after 2013, Mejia is not going to be a starter, same for Familia, Hefner is a 5th starter at best, but not someone you want to rely on. Who are the others?
    I was referring to next year the whole time...

    Hence why Jason Bay is the left fielder in my lineup...


  7. #52
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,446
    vCash
    1500
    Last year Youngstunna said he didn't want Dexter Fowler in a package for David Wright.

    Said blatantly that Fowler just wasn't a good player. I wanted Fowler.

    He was wrong.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    27,498
    vCash
    1500
    It's incredibly naive to assume Harvey will not be a bust based on limited data.

    I believe he'll be great, but anyone who's seen enough baseball knows just how easy it is to go from sure thing to complete bust.

    Revisit the issue in another year or two. That will be a more realistic gauge.
    Go Grab My Belt

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    21,911
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    At worst, he's going to be an innings eater, at best he's going to be Justin Verlander. He has the stuff to be the best pitcher in baseball.
    No one is arguing that, like i said i think in 2014 he could easily win 16-18 games with an outside chance at 20 if he keeps progressing.

    If all goes well and they give him run support next year (with him pitching like he did this year) he could win 12-15 games in 2013 but that's just one man's opinion.

    He could just as equally be a bust.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-03-2012 at 08:59 PM.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    53,111
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
    I was referring to next year the whole time...

    Hence why Jason Bay is the left fielder in my lineup...

    Ok? Santana is a huge question mark. Bay ****ing blows. What is your point?

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,446
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Give me Marisnick over Gose. At least he has a much larger upside.

    I'm glad the Mets aren't even considering trading Harvey. Front-line young pitching is the most valuable commodity.
    Just last year you were willing to package David Wright and Mike Pelfrey to the Rockies for Drew Pomeranz, Nolan Arenado, and Wilin Rosario.

    What is your beef with fast young centerfielders like Fowler and now Gose?

    I just dont understand it.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    21,911
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Give me Marisnick over Gose. At least he has a much larger upside.

    I'm glad the Mets aren't even considering trading Harvey. Front-line young pitching is the most valuable commodity.
    I don't want Marisnick, he was terrible in AA last year even worse than Gose was in New Hampshire in 2011.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    53,111
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
    Last year Youngstunna said he didn't want Dexter Fowler in a package for David Wright.

    Said blatantly that Fowler just wasn't a good player. I wanted Fowler.

    He was wrong.
    ...And I still wouldn't take Fowler for Wright.

    Fowler at Coors in 2012: .332/.431/.553
    Fowler away from Coors in 2012: .262/.339/.381

    I was still right because Wright was a top 5 position player in baseball this year. Fowler isn't even that good defensively.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,446
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Ok? Santana is a huge question mark. Bay ****ing blows. What is your point?
    Of course Bay blows but I listed him as the left fielder so people would know Im referring to next years lineup.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,446
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    ...And I still wouldn't take Fowler for Wright.

    Fowler at Coors in 2012: .332/.431/.553
    Fowler away from Coors in 2012: .262/.339/.381

    I was still right because Wright was a top 5 position player in baseball this year.
    You didnt want Fowler but you wanted Drew Pomeranz who went 2-9

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •