Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metro $ View Post
    with the mets confirming at least for the short term their intention of staying around 100mil, We cannot afford to pay 20+ % on David Wright. If we could get Hank Conger, Mark Trumbo and (possibly Bourgeous) from LA we would have to think about it. Trumbo, Conger would start in left and catcher and add alot more power. It would also allow David Murphy to move to his natural position at third. I would love to keep Wright but if this is the direction for the next few years i dont know how we win paying him that much. We would control the younger players for years at affordable salaries.
    Welcome to the forum.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dunbummin View Post
    Two trades that could make a difference:

Dickey to the Twins for Josh Willingham, Aaron Hicks and Jose Berrios.
    Replace Dickey in the rotation with Rays Jeremy Hellickson for Duda, Familia, and Ceciliani

Willingham gives us a formidable RH hitting power threat to protect Ike in the 5 hole.
    Hicks, a speedy, switch hitting, high OBP center fielder could give Kirk and den Dekker some stiff competition for the starting CF job in 2014. He could be an ideal leadoff hitter.
    The Twins may be unwilling to part with Berrios, who in his first pro season in rookie ball had a 1.17 ERA and .062 WHIP. In that case, I'd take B.J. Hermsen
    Hellickson is a good mid-rotation pitcher now, who could develop into an ace. And he is under team control until 2017.
    I think you can get Hicks for either Familia or Mejia + someone else.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    You don't see teams trade prospects for prospects normally. Both Mejia and Familia project more as relievers too, so I'm sure the Twins aren't too interested.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    You don't see teams trade prospects for prospects normally. Both Mejia and Familia project more as relievers too, so I'm sure the Twins aren't too interested.
    And yet some think they will be starters.
    Especially Familia.

Also, Familia has already started in the majors.

vCash
    Maybe you're right, if that's an option for the Mets I do that 10/10 times.

vCash
    Niese or Dickey plus either Murphy/Turner or Duda for Alejandro De Aza and a player/prospect to be named later

I think De Aza has some good chops and although not a super power hitter has the chops to get things done, he can't be any worse than Torres and he's not Arbitration eligible til 2016, since he made only 495K last year he could fit the need and the budget ...ok sock it to on how bad an idea this would be LOL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post

I always love some of the troll trades from other team's fans in this forum.

How about Anthony Gose, D'Arnaud, and Justin Nicolino for Harvey?
    How about...

Mets get:

Gose
    D'Arnaud
    Nicolino

Jays get:
    Niese
    Familia
    Dude
    Den Decker

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    I think you can get Hicks for either Familia or Mejia + someone else.
    I'd do Familia for Hicks, but that doesn't solve our primary need for a right handed power hitting outfielder. I believe Minn. will move Willingham for the right return, and Dickey would satisfy their need for pitching. We'd have Willingham for at least 2 years, by which time we would see if Vaughn or Taijeron develop into a legitimate middle of the order threat to replace him.
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    How about...

Mets get:

Gose
    D'Arnaud
    Nicolino

Jays get:
    Niese
    Familia
    Dude
    Den Decker
    That's a pretty good package we would be getting, although I am concerned that Gose strikes out too much and his OBP needs to be raised. Frankly, I'd rather give up Dickey than Niese, since he has longer range potential. We'd then get away with lesser prospects. Maybe we could use Familia and Duda to acquire a good, mid-rotation sterter to replace Dickey.
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dunbummin View Post
    I'd do Familia for Hicks, but that doesn't solve our primary need for a right handed power hitting outfielder. I believe Minn. will move Willingham for the right return, and Dickey would satisfy their need for pitching. We'd have Willingham for at least 2 years, by which time we would see if Vaughn or Taijeron develop into a legitimate middle of the order threat to replace him.
    Why would you trade a front line pitcher for an old mediocre corner outfielder.
    I would want Olt, Castenallos, Myers or anyone of that caliber of young hitter for Dickey.

vCash
    I would want Olt, Castenallos, Myers or anyone of that caliber of young hitter for Dickey.
    Agreed. Willingham is the type of player a very good team acquires to win a championship. If we traded dickey for willingham we wouldn't get strong prospects and it would pretty much be a wash. Doesn't make sense for either team.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    Agreed. Willingham is the type of player a very good team acquires to win a championship. If we traded dickey for willingham we wouldn't get strong prospects and it would pretty much be a wash. Doesn't make sense for either team.
    And Bingo was his name-o.

vCash
    Well if we got Willingham with Hicks and a Berrios then I wouldn't call it a wash.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Well if we got Willingham with Hicks and a Berrios then I wouldn't call it a wash.
    Would you rather have Olt/Castallanos or Willingham?

vCash
    Willingham is an above average ball player, but at 34 next year do we really want that if we are trying to rebuild?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast