Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    vCash
    I think Harvey is going to be a flat out stud. 200 K's a year, 200+ innings, the whole 9 yards, but that is what I think, and if the Mets can get back a package of great prospects or a superstar who could single handidly turn this franchise around, you have to consider, but trading him should NOT be the Mets top priority, or anything close for that matter.
    Last edited by MetsFanatic19; 11-03-2012 at 09:59 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    All it means is the kid has potential.

We all know rankings can be bogus at times but i wouldn't say at 22, Gose has been exposed quite yet.

How many times have we seen rookie position players come up and have a hard time their first time in the big leagues?

As for Harvey, i think he will be better than all those guys you mentioned too but again 59 innings is not a lot to go on.
    Gose has high strikeouts and fringe power. Terrible combo. I see a Drew Stubbs type career for him with less power and a little more on base skills.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    I think Harvey is going to be a flat out stud. 200 K's a year, 200+ innings, the whole 9 yards, but that is what I think, and if the Mets can get back a package of great prospects or a superstar who could sing handidly turn this franchise around, you have to consider, but trading him should NOT be the Mets top priority, or anything close for that matter.
    I agree.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-03-2012 at 09:49 PM.

vCash
    But Giancarlo Stanton is only coming to the Mets via FA if that ever happens.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    I think Harvey is going to be a flat out stud. 200 K's a year, 200+ innings, the whole 9 yards, but that is what I think, and if the Mets can get back a package of great prospects or a superstar who could sing handidly turn this franchise around, you have to consider, but trading him should NOT be the Mets top priority, or anything close for that matter.
    He most likely will be a stud. He has dominated MLB hitters already for 59 innings. He had like what? One bad start? His FB velocity was Top 5 for starters, and he got a ton of swings and misses with all of his pitches.

Package for superstar only. Don't give me prospects. I'll trade a guy like Niese or even Wright before I trade Harvey.

vCash
    Two guys I would love to see on the Mets next year are Michael Saunders and Trevor Plouffe. They under control for years to come, both are 26/27 years old and have power.

I would try to make a trade for a catcher, but if not keep the Thole/Shoppach tandem for one year. Pick up Saltalamacchia for 2014.

C-Thole/Shoppach or traded catcher
    1B-Davis
    2B-Murphy
    SS-Tejada
    3B-Wright
    LF-Plouffe/Duda
    CF-Saunders
    RF-Plouffe/Kirk

Kirk and Duda battle for starting spot in the outfield. I think that team has some offensive upside.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Two guys I would love to see on the Mets next year are Michael Saunders and Trevor Plouffe. They under control for years to come, both are 26/27 years old and have power.

I would try to make a trade for a catcher, but if not keep the Thole/Shoppach tandem for one year. Pick up Saltalamacchia for 2014.

C-Thole/Shoppach or traded catcher
    1B-Davis
    2B-Murphy
    SS-Tejada
    3B-Wright
    LF-Plouffe/Duda
    CF-Saunders
    RF-Plouffe/Kirk

Kirk and Duda battle for starting spot in the outfield. I think that team has some offensive upside.
    Yeah Saunders had a 2.3 fWAR last year, has some pop and speed.

He could be a good addition in CF.

Plouffe was a late developer but he had a .220 ISO last year and did that mainly in a pitcher's ballpark in Minnesota.

They would be solid acquisitions considering our budget.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-04-2012 at 01:20 AM.

vCash
    Unfortunately the mariners are looking for offense and we don't have much to spare unless we deal Duda and Murphy for him. I think we can make Plouffe happen though.

vCash
    This team isn't going to improve via free agents. If we're lucky, we'll trade a few pieces here and there and get guys that'll stay long term. I too, see Plouffe as an option going forward. Saltalamacchia as well. If Wright isn't given an extension however, you can kiss every player not named Harvey or Wheeler good bye.

vCash
    Two trades that could make a difference:

Dickey to the Twins for Josh Willingham, Aaron Hicks and Jose Berrios.
    Replace Dickey in the rotation with Rays Jeremy Hellickson for Duda, Familia, and Ceciliani

Willingham gives us a formidable RH hitting power threat to protect Ike in the 5 hole.
    Hicks, a speedy, switch hitting, high OBP center fielder could give Kirk and den Dekker some stiff competition for the starting CF job in 2014. He could be an ideal leadoff hitter.
    The Twins may be unwilling to part with Berrios, who in his first pro season in rookie ball had a 1.17 ERA and .062 WHIP. In that case, I'd take B.J. Hermsen
    Hellickson is a good mid-rotation pitcher now, who could develop into an ace. And he is under team control until 2017.
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

vCash
    Plouffe and Hicks for Dickey seems reasonable. They wouldn't deal Willingham if they are trying to win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Plouffe and Hicks for Dickey seems reasonable. They wouldn't deal Willingham if they are trying to win.
    Plouffe and Hicks for Dickey is an absolute steal for the Twinsies. Frankly, I don't see Plouffe as anywhere near that valuable. For Plouffe and Hicks they'd get Dillon Gee.

If they want a pitcher of Dickey's calibre they should give up Willingham and play Plouffe along with Span and Revere in their OF. Then they have Oswaldo Arcia who could be ready for a late call up this year, so they should have enough offense to get along without Willingham. It's pitching that they need.
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dunbummin View Post
    Plouffe and Hicks for Dickey is an absolute steal for the Twinsies. Frankly, I don't see Plouffe as anywhere near that valuable. For Plouffe and Hicks they'd get Dillon Gee.

If they want a pitcher of Dickey's calibre they should give up Willingham and play Plouffe along with Span and Revere in their OF. Then they have Oswaldo Arcia who could be ready for a late call up this year, so they should have enough offense to get along without Willingham. It's pitching that they need.
    Plouffe, Hicks, and Rosario then. Dickey is valuable, but he's under control for one year, and if the Twins want to win they would rather keep Willingham. No way can Gee get both of those guys, he is coming off injury and was never looked at very highly. Gotta think about both sides of the deal.

For the Mets, they get two high upside outfielders and a major league outfielder that can hit for power and play decent defense.

As for your Tampa trade, it will not happen because Tampa doesn't trade much and that deal is underwhelming for them.

vCash

no $ trade

with the mets confirming at least for the short term their intention of staying around 100mil, We cannot afford to pay 20+ % on David Wright. If we could get Hank Conger, Mark Trumbo and (possibly Bourgeous) from LA we would have to think about it. Trumbo, Conger would start in left and catcher and add alot more power. It would also allow David Murphy to move to his natural position at third. I would love to keep Wright but if this is the direction for the next few years i dont know how we win paying him that much. We would control the younger players for years at affordable salaries.
    Last edited by metro $; 11-05-2012 at 01:45 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metro $ View Post
    with the mets confirming at least for the short term their intention of staying around 100mil, We cannot afford to pay 20+ % on David Wright. If we could get Hank Conger, Mark Trumbo and (possibly Bourgeous) from LA we would have to think about it. Trumbo, Conger would start in left and catcher and add alot more power. It would also allow David Murphy to move to his natural position at third. I would love to keep Wright but if this is the direction for the next few years i dont know how we win paying him that much. We would control the younger players for years at affordable salaries.
    I think it's important to keep the face of the franchise regardless of the terms of his deal (unless unbelievably crazy).

But there will be certainly be quite a lot of interesting deals out there if Wright is looked to be dealt.

Either way, Welcome to the forum!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast