Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 113
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    21,421
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    It's incredibly naive to assume Harvey will not be a bust based on limited data.

    I believe he'll be great, but anyone who's seen enough baseball knows just how easy it is to go from sure thing to complete bust.

    Revisit the issue in another year or two. That will be a more realistic gauge.
    Absolutely.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    21,421
    vCash
    1500
    Look we all love Harvey's potential and maybe he will be the staff ace in 2 or 3 years but let's cool our jets on him just yet.

    He could just as easily be a bust.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,446
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    It's incredibly naive to assume Harvey will not be a bust based on limited data.

    I believe he'll be great, but anyone who's seen enough baseball knows just how easy it is to go from sure thing to complete bust.

    Revisit the issue in another year or two. That will be a more realistic gauge.
    and I loved what I saw from Harvey.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    50,870
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
    You didnt want Fowler but you wanted Drew Pomeranz who went 2-9
    Can I see into the ****ing future dude? Pomeranz was just a rookie this year and pitched well in Colorado Springs AAA. He's not a bust yet. At least Rosario had a great rookie season. I wanted younger players with more upside.

    Look, Harvey MIGHT be a bust, but it's highly unprobable in my opinion.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,446
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Look, Harvey MIGHT be a bust, but it's highly unprobable in my opinion.
    Hope he doesn't.

    We need him and Wheeler to have ANY hope.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    50,870
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I don't want Marisnick, he was terrible in AA last year even worse than Gose was in New Hampshire in 2011.
    He has better power potential than Gose and makes more contact. He has a more athletic 6'4" 200 lbs frame.

    He was rushed a little to AA, he was doing well in High A prior to the call-up.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    21,421
    vCash
    1500
    We'll see.

    Obviously no one is hoping that, just explaining the possibility is there he could very well be a bust.

    59 major league innings is just not a lot to go on, although i do understand your point YS about them not being meaningless innings in September.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-03-2012 at 09:19 PM.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    21,421
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    He has better power potential than Gose and makes more contact. He has a more athletic 6'4" 200 lbs frame.

    He was rushed a little to AA, he was doing well in High A prior to the call-up.
    We'll see, i still like Gose even if in his numbers in the PCL weren't particularly good.

    There is still no way i bite on a deal that includes Marisnick, Arencibia and Mcguire for Harvey though.

    That's really unfathomable to even bring up.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-03-2012 at 09:18 PM.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,446
    vCash
    1500
    We were talking before about Gose having a .785 OPS. His OBP was .366 which is very good.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    21,421
    vCash
    1500
    Gose would be obviously groomed to be a leadoff hitter and a SB threat while playing a very good defensive CF.

    A .366 OBP is impressive btw.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-03-2012 at 09:22 PM.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    50,870
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
    We were talking before about Gose having a .785 OPS. His OBP was .366 which is very good.
    This is what his team in Vagas hit overall this season: .298/.370/.455

    Gose hit .286/.366/.419. So he wasn't even a league average player on his own team.

    The PCL hit .278/.345/.430. Gose had a horrible season and was exposed in the big leagues.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,446
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    This is what his team in Vagas hit overall this season: .298/.370/.455

    Gose hit .286/.366/.419. So he wasn't even a league average player on his own team.

    The PCL hit .278/.345/.430. Gose had a horrible season and was exposed in the big leagues.
    Yeah, at 22 years old

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    21,421
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    This is what his team in Vagas hit overall this season: .298/.370/.455

    Gose hit .286/.366/.419. So he wasn't even a league average player on his own team.

    The PCL hit .278/.345/.430. Gose had a horrible season and was exposed in the big leagues.
    Yeah but he was a top 40 spec going into last year and had only 166 ABS for the Blue Jays.

    Just like it's early to call Harvey an ace, i wouldn't say Gose was exposed quite yet.

    He had growing pains like so many other rookies do.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    50,870
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Yeah but he was a top 40 spec going into last year and had only 166 ABS for the Blue Jays.

    Just like it's early to call Harvey an ace, i wouldn't say Gose was exposed quite yet.

    He had growing pains like so many other rookies do.
    That doesn't mean anything. At all.

    I'd say Harvey will be better than Skaggs, Bauer, Jacob Turner, etc.(all ranked higher than Harvey) because his stuff is just better. I'd say Harvey will be better than Wheeler too.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    21,421
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    That doesn't mean anything. At all.

    I'd say Harvey will be better than Skaggs, Bauer, Jacob Turner, etc.(all ranked higher than Harvey) because his stuff is just better. I'd say Harvey will be better than Wheeler too.
    All it means is the kid has potential.

    We all know rankings can be bogus at times but i wouldn't say at 22, Gose has been exposed quite yet.

    How many times have we seen rookie position players come up and have a hard time their first time in the big leagues?

    As for Harvey, i think he will be better than all those guys you mentioned too but again 59 innings is not a lot to go on.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-03-2012 at 09:28 PM.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •