Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    There is far better chance of Harvey being a superstar than any of the guys you listed because 1) He's already had great big league success and 2)His stuff is far better than advertised, he would have easily been a Top 5-10 prospect in baseball if scouts knew he sit 93-96 MPH topping out at 99 with 3 potential above average swing and miss pitches.

If healthy, Harvey will be a great again next year. This isn't 20 innings in September, 59 innings is not that small of a sample and he showed flashes of brilliance. His poise and make-up is on another level and he's hungry to be great. It would such a mistake to trade him for anyone short of a sure superstar.

I honestly think Gose is 100% overrated and will be an average player at best. His AAA numbers in Vagas sucked balls. Why am I supposed to believe he's going to be an impact player?

I love D'Arnaud, but he's still a catcher they have short life spans.

Give me a break with Nicolino. The dude pitched in A ball and is years away.

That trade would set us back for the years, and the Blue Jays would reap the benefits.
    Having a lineup of

1. Anthony Gose CF
    2. Ruben Tejada SS
    3. David Wright 3B
    4. Ike Davis 1B
    5. Lucas Duda RF
    6. Daniel Murphy 2B
    7. Travis D'Arnaud C
    8. Jason Bay LF

Would set us back for years? How about no.

Winning teams build strong teams up the middle. P,C,SS,CF and have power on the corners. 1B/3B/RF/LF

With young Tejada at SS, young Gose in Center, young D'Arnaud behind the dish and Wright / Davis power on the corners with Niese and Wheeler in the rotation the Mets would be building their team much like the Baltimore Orioles.

Wieters (C) Machado (SS) Jones (CF) Chen/Bundy (P)

D'Arnaud (C) Tejada (SS) Gose (CF) Wheeler/Niese (P)

We would be set offensively long term with that core and you can always find good pitching.
    (When Dickey,Niese,Wheeler are your core starters)
    Last edited by Vintage; 11-03-2012 at 08:36 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
    Having a lineup of

1. Anthony Gose CF
    2. Ruben Tejada SS
    3. David Wright 3B
    4. Ike Davis 1B
    5. Lucas Duda RF
    6. Daniel Murphy 2B
    7. Travis D'Arnaud C
    8. Jason Bay LF

Would set us back for years? How about no.

Winning teams build strong teams up the middle. P,C,SS,CF and have power on the corners. 1B/3B/RF/LF

With young Tejada at SS, young Gose in Center, young D'Arnaud behind the dish and Wright / Davis power on the corners with Niese and Wheeler in the rotation the Mets would be building their team much like the Baltimore Orioles did.
    What is your rotation? Dickey, Niese, Wheeler, Gee, ??????? What if Wheeler is a bust? What if Gee can't stay healthy? What if Dickey leaves? Something that looked like a strength is all of a sudden a weakness.

I'm sorry, but trading my 23 year old pure power arm is the dumbest thing imaginable. D'Arnaud and Gose are no sure things, and Gose has shown absolutely nothing. He's all hype right now.

I'm dealing Harvey, he's being packaged for a Giancarlo Stanton.

vCash
    What is your rotation? Dickey, Niese, Wheeler, Gee, ??????? What if Wheeler is a bust? What if Gee can't stay healthy? What if Dickey leaves? Something that looked like a strength is all of a sudden a weakness.

I'm sorry, but trading my 23 year old pure power arm is the dumbest thing imaginable. D'Arnaud and Gose are no sure things, and Gose has shown absolutely nothing. He's all hype right now.

There is no way they do that before Harvey gets more than 59 innings under his belt.

It's less than of 1/3 of a season he showed greatness and that's not factoring in the possible sophomore slump.

vCash
    Wieters (C) Machado (SS) Jones (CF) Chen/Bundy (P)

D'Arnaud (C) Tejada (SS) Gose (CF) Wheeler/Niese (P)
    Wieters, Machado, Jones>>>>>>>>>>>>>> D'Arnaud, Tejada, Gose

vCash
    Lol at overrating Matt Harvey to Giancarlo Stanton level.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    There is no way they do that before Harvey gets more than 59 innings under his belt.

It's less than of 1/3 of a season he showed greatness and that's not factoring in the possible sophomore slump.
    He was a top 30 prospect before reaching the big leagues, and showing even better stuff than he did in the minors and having a lot of success has sky-rocketed his value. This was a 1st round 7th pick, he's extremely valuable.

vCash
    There is far better chance of Harvey being a superstar than any of the guys you listed because 1) He's already had great big league success and 2)His stuff is far better than advertised, he would have easily been a Top 5-10 prospect in baseball if scouts knew he sit 93-96 MPH topping out at 99 with 3 potential above average swing and miss pitches.

If healthy, Harvey will be a great again next year. This isn't 20 innings in September, 59 innings is not that small of a sample and he showed flashes of brilliance. His poise and make-up is on another level and he's hungry to be great. It would such a mistake to trade him for anyone short of a sure superstar.

I honestly think Gose is 100% overrated and will be an average player at best. His AAA numbers in Vagas sucked balls. Why am I supposed to believe he's going to be an impact player?

I love D'Arnaud, but he's still a catcher they have short life spans.

Give me a break with Nicolino. The dude pitched in A ball and is years away.

That trade would set us back for the years, and the Blue Jays would reap the benefits.
    Gose is a kid, he just turned 22. I think he has potential to be a very good OF and is certainly a speed demon. I wouldn't jump on the average train just yet.

We all know how good D'Arnaud can be and he was a top 20 BA spec going into last year. The kid can rake and i think he would easily fill out the catchers spot no problem and be one of the best ones in baseball relatively quickly.

Nicolino was very good regardless of whether he pitched in A Ball. He had 119 Ks in 124 innings and a 2.46 ERA in that span.

Maybe you have more definitive optimism than i do, i think he will be great too but as we know from Generation K and Scott Kazmir just because there is crazy hype around young SP there are no guarantees they will be great either.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-03-2012 at 08:45 PM.

vCash
    Wieters, Machado, Jones>>>>>>>>>>>>>> D'Arnaud, Tejada, Gose
    The comparison is to show you that it is important to build up the middle regardless. If you can't comprehend that, not my problem.

No one is debating who is better than who. It's just to show that building up the middle starts with a young core.

Your >>>>>>>>> attempt at an argument to debunk my sound rationale is childish.

vCash
    Lol at overrating Matt Harvey to Giancarlo Stanton level.
    I said packaged for Giancarlo Stanton. He definitely can't get him by himself.

vCash
    He was a top 30 prospect before reaching the big leagues, and showing even better stuff than he did in the minors and having a lot of success has sky-rocketed his value.
    If you tell me he pitches like that next year at nearly 200 innings or over than i think they could pull off a deal for Stanton if the other parts are right besides.

But i don't see the Marlins making that deal unless they get to see more of Harvey just yet.

Not for Giancarlo Stanton at least.

vCash
    He was a top 30 prospect before reaching the big leagues, and showing even better stuff than he did in the minors and having a lot of success has sky-rocketed his value. This was a 1st round 7th pick, he's extremely valuable.
    The Marlins won't be trading Stanton for a long timee

vCash

You'd still have Dickey, Santana, Niese, Gee, Pelfrey, Mejia, Familia, Hefner and others.

vCash
    We've made this mistake before with young SP.

Just think Generation K and Scott Kazmir.

Call me cynical but Harvey could go that route too.

Not to say the Blue Jays prospects couldnt either but that's the thing with hyped young players.

It's all a crapshoot unless you are Mike Trout.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-03-2012 at 08:48 PM.

vCash
    Im ALL for hanging onto Harvey. Building with Harvey and Wheeler is what the Mets ought to do.

But if the Jays offered us those three really solid prospects (the best catching prospect in baseball especially, a young speed demon centerfielder, and a left handed pitching prospect) I would entertain the idea of shipping Harvey out for sure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Gose is a kid, he just turned 22. I think he has potential to be a very good OF and is certainly a speed demon. I wouldn't jump on the average train just yet.

We all know how good D'Arnaud and he was a top 20 BA spec going into last year. The kid can rake and i think he would easily fill out the catchers spot no problem and be one of the best ones in baseball relatively quickly.

Nicolino was very good regardless of whether he pitched in A Ball. He had 119 Ks in 124 innings and a 2.46 ERA in that span.

Maybe you have more definitive optimism than i do, i think he will be great too but as we know from Generation K and Scott Kazmir just because there is crazy hype around young SP there are no guarantees they will be great either.
    Gose does not have a ton of pop and strikes out a ton. A .785 OPS in Vagas is TERRIBLE.

Again, I love D'Arnaud but he hasn't shown anything at the big league level yet. Catchers do not last long, so I'd rather deal someone else to get him.

Nicolino is nowhere near to making an impact. A lot can go wrong from A ball to the majors.

I'm sick of hearing generation K, Harvey is not going to be a bust. Take that to the bank.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast