Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 113

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,446
    vCash
    1500

    Trade Proposal Thread

    Be as realistic as possible, what are some Mets trade proposal ideas you have that could benefit the team.

    Trades are always hard to predict, but who would you target and what would the Mets have to give up to get...

    Alderson said to expect trades, so post who we should go after.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    18,142
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
    Be as realistic as possible, what are some Mets trade proposal ideas you have that could benefit the team.

    Trades are always hard to predict, but who would you target and what would the Mets have to give up to get...

    Alderson said to expect trades, so post who we should go after.
    If I am running the Mets I go hard after a young, everyday player who can possibly benefit my team for the next ten years. The player that IMO fits that role is Wil Myers.Power hitting outfielder who is discipline at the plate and would make a potent middle of the order with Ike Davis.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,446
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER SEAVER View Post
    If I am running the Mets I go hard after a young, everyday player who can possibly benefit my team for the next ten years. The player that IMO fits that role is Wil Myers.Power hitting outfielder who is discipline at the plate and would make a potent middle of the order with Ike Davis.
    Would you trade Wheeler or Harvey to get that done. Royals want pitching.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    55,544
    vCash
    1500
    That's pretty much what the off-season thread is for.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,446
    vCash
    1500
    I agree with Silver Seaver we need to make trades while getting younger and better. Wil Myers is that type of player but a hard guy to obtain.

    Aaron Hicks from the Twins is also a name to keep in mind as they also want to add pitching ( they will look to add at least 3 starting arms this offseason any way possible )

    A young catcher who I like is a switch hitter in Los Angeles named Hank Conger. At 24-25 his time to play is arriving and LA is keeping him in the minors when hes good enough to get a chance.

    I think we can get him especially since LA signed Ianetta to a 3 year deal.
    Last edited by Vintage; 10-28-2012 at 03:56 AM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,446
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    That's pretty much what the off-season thread is for.
    Im expecting posts such as

    Mets Receive

    Player X
    Player Y
    Player Z

    Team ? Receives

    Player X
    Player Y
    Player Z

    So it is not like the Offseason thread based on that format (if people follow)

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    332
    vCash
    1500
    Frank Francisco for a ham sandwich and footrub for Dickey.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    31,067
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudeguyy View Post
    Frank Francisco for a ham sandwich and footrub for Dickey.
    And its ok if they want to leave off the ham. As long as the bread is fresh, we're good.

    Ok, day-old bread is fine too....
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    332
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    And its ok if they want to leave off the ham. As long as the bread is fresh, we're good.

    Ok, day-old bread is fine too....
    ...

    Someone just take Francisco, DANG IT!


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Heart of Long Island
    Posts
    7,312
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    And its ok if they want to leave off the ham. As long as the bread is fresh, we're good.

    Ok, day-old bread is fine too....
    You know what a footrub is?

    An affordable placeholder.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    55,544
    vCash
    1500
    Hell ****ing no.

    And we have to take on his salary.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,446
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Hell ****ing no.

    And we have to take on his salary.
    But on the other hand you would be obtaining a 25 year old five star right handed hitting outfielder about to hit his prime, without having to give up Wheeler or Harvey. This would also convince David Wright you are willing to add big
    Last edited by Vintage; 10-28-2012 at 10:11 PM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    55,544
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
    But on the other hand you would be obtaining a 25 year old five star right handed hitting outfielder about to hit his prime, without having to give up Wheeler or Harvey. This would also convince David Wright you are willing to add big
    You said Wheeler in your first proposal, your new proposal will never happen in a million years.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,446
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    You said Wheeler in your first proposal, your new proposal will never happen in a million years.
    Well the 2 - 5 deal is the one I meant to post, so go with that.

    I'd like to see some ideas from you and others in the same format.

    Hopefully it gets the ball rolling toward names/fits we arent even considering.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    31
    vCash
    1500

    no $ trade

    with the mets confirming at least for the short term their intention of staying around 100mil, We cannot afford to pay 20+ % on David Wright. If we could get Hank Conger, Mark Trumbo and (possibly Bourgeous) from LA we would have to think about it. Trumbo, Conger would start in left and catcher and add alot more power. It would also allow David Murphy to move to his natural position at third. I would love to keep Wright but if this is the direction for the next few years i dont know how we win paying him that much. We would control the younger players for years at affordable salaries.
    Last edited by metro $; 11-05-2012 at 02:45 AM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •