Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

James Harden a Houston Rocket

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/85...ouston-rockets

Thats too bad. I really hope we dont panic and blow our wad just because the presumed prime target is off the market.

Depending on the picks they got that looks like a really sweet deal for OKC, Pesti is genius, way more foresight than most GMs out there, even with a contender in the present he is making moves for the future.

I dont think this trade makes Houston particularly good, but I did consider them to be the worst roster in the West and this probably elevates them out of the cellar.

2 1sts, their top pick this year and a huge expiring... if that was the trade price for Harden then I'm glad we stayed out of it.

vCash
    They have till Wednesday to give him an extension or he will be a restricted free agent

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by neema342 View Post
    They have till Wednesday to give him an extension or he will be a restricted free agent
    They wouldnt have done the trade unless they had every intention of giving him the contract he wants. And they would absolutely match any deal should he decide to hit free agency anyway. The Harden speculation is toast... at least for another 5 years when he is up for his next contract.

vCash
    Agreed with everything above. Houston has him for 5 years it looks like.

vCash
    OKC getting Lamb is a great piece. Martin will do fine replacing Harden for the year. Plus he has to big playoff moments and I'm sure the Thunder are aware of it. Also, they f'd harden a lil. He will need a while during the season to get used to his new team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by king4day View Post
    OKC getting Lamb is a great piece. Martin will do fine replacing Harden for the year. Plus he has to big playoff moments and I'm sure the Thunder are aware of it. Also, they f'd harden a lil. He will need a while during the season to get used to his new team.
    IMO, this f's OKC a bit more. I am sure they would have preferred to get a deal done far sooner had they known they couldnt get Harden at a discount. They are a title contender that is now going to have to rework some important roles. While Houston is a lotto team and has all year to juggle things.

But in the long term its a sweet deal for the Thunder. One of the 1sts they got is the Raptors pick and I believe it has some bizarre terms that basically leave it totally unprotected next summer. So OKC could potentially add another top 10 pick to that roster... and maybe one more on top of it depending on the terms of the other 1st Houston gave up.

vCash
    F this :/
    Too early for a M.Ellis thread?

vCash
    Bring in tyreke evans!!! Or Iguodala!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mdm692 View Post
    Bring in tyreke evans!!! Or Iguodala!!!

I would looooove Iggy, and I would loathe getting Evans. Evans is a cancer and stat padder who is destined to play out his career on lotto teams. Iggy is an unselfish player who does everything, and is among the best defenders in the league

vCash
    I dont see anyone this summer who really makes us a title contender or helps us really build for the future, iggy would be good but he wouldnt make us better than the top teams in the west, obviously we all know about tyreke, josh smith would fit well in our style of play but not with the players we have (and he'll probably resign), al jefferson? Millsap? i say we hold on to our wallet and wait for a big trade or a player that really puts us over the hump, easier said than done but patience is a virture and i like how we are rebuilding right now

vCash
    I'm looking forward to seeing the Rockets 'big 3' of Lin, Harden and Asik in action...

But seriously I'm glad we didn't deal for Harden. While I liked the idea of having a max contract star on our team, I was beggining to like Harden less and less as an option. He's a great player but I don't think he's worth max money quite yet, if ever.

Hopefully now we can go the draft route; I believe we end up with a top 5 pick either from being that bad or making a trade with our 3 first rounders.

If we go after Ellis I will cry the whole time he's here. He's the worst.

vCash
    It seems the Thunder got a Raptors lotto protected first rounder, a Lakers 1st and a Celtics 2nd rounder from the Rockets.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntey View Post
    It seems the Thunder got a Raptors lotto protected first rounder, a Lakers 1st and a Celtics 2nd rounder from the Rockets.
    If I recall that Raptor pick is not lotto protected. It has some bizarre terms on it, its from the Lowry trade.

EDIT: Just looked up the terms on that pick:

2013 first round draft pick to Houston
    Toronto's own 2013 1st round pick to Houston (Top-3 Protected and 15-30 Protected in the 2013 Draft, top-2 protected and 15-30 protected in 2014, top-2 protected and 15-30 protected in 2015, top-1 Protected and 15-30 protected in 2016, top-1 protected and 15-30 Protected in 2017 and unprotected in the 2018 Draft. [Houston-Toronto, 7/11/2012]
    Read more: http://basketball.******.com/nba/dra...#ixzz2AaWYH41M

Pretty sweet pick for OKC. Potentially between 3rd and 10th for them this year and if its outside the lotto then OKC has it roll to the next season. Really, some of the strangest terms I've seen on a pick. Its basically a lotto guaranteed pick, rather than lotto protected.
    Last edited by Phrazbit; 10-28-2012 at 06:27 AM.

vCash
    That's very strange, I don't think I've seen that before. But yeah, great pick-up for OKC.

OKC have the pieces to be good for a very long time now while I think Houston may have dug themselves into a bit of a hole.

vCash
    Paul Coro‏@paulcoro

The #Suns pursued a Harden trade with OKC on several occasions. "At the end of the day, there wasn't a deal that was workable," Babby said.
    I guess they needed an elite scorer to come back. I'd love to know what we offered them. I can't imagine they wouldn't have taken a deal that would have started with Gortat and change going to them with Harden and Perkins coming back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast