Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

EA's CEO Resigns

Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) today announced that John Riccitiello will step down as Chief Executive Officer and as a member of the Board of Directors, effective March 30. The Board has appointed Larry Probst as Executive Chairman to ensure a smooth transition and to lead EA’s executive team while the Board conducts a search for a permanent CEO. The Board will consider internal and external candidates with the assistance of a leading executive search firm.

Mr. Riccitiello originally joined EA in October 1997 as President and Chief Operating Officer. He left the company in 2004 to become a founding partner and managing director of Elevation Partner. He returned to EA as CEO in April of 2007.

Mr. Probst has played a leadership role at EA since 1991. In addition to serving as Chairman of the Board since 1994, he previously served as the Company’s CEO from 1991 to 2007. As CEO, Probst successfully grew the Company’s annual revenues from $175 million to approximately $3 billion, led EA into new platforms such as mobile, online and other emerging markets and expanded its international presence to more than 75 countries.

EA expects that its revenues and earnings per share for the current quarter will be at the low end of, or slightly below previously issued guidance provided in its press release dated January 30, 2013. Actual results may be materially different and can be affected by many factors, including the levels of usage of the Company’s digital products, initial sales of new products that will be released before the end of the quarter and other factors detailed in the Company’s annual and quarterly SEC filings.
    http://www.streetinsider.com/Hot+Mgm...s/8193332.html

The fall from grace continues

vCash
    I won't clap for this man losing his job, but I will clap for this being EA hopefully recognizing the error of their ways.

vCash
    EA are douches.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wx6ESaxTDWQ

That's just the tip of the iceberg.

vCash
    This is the problem with a monopoly system. For example football: Madden/NCAA. They can do whatever they damn well please because they know people will buy their **** no matter what. Why waste $$$ and hire new employees if we can keep churning out the same game with a "new" feature per year. Yay, we got new grass in Madden (also changed the name of Franchise to Connected Careers), and new skating in NHL, let me drop $60 per for both. Nope.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityFlyer View Post
    This is the problem with a monopoly system. For example football: Madden/NCAA. They can do whatever they damn well please because they know people will buy their **** no matter what. Why waste $$$ and hire new employees if we can keep churning out the same game with a "new" feature per year. Yay, we got new grass in Madden (also changed the name of Franchise to Connected Careers), and new skating in NHL, let me drop $60 per for both. Nope.
    Yup. This is why I stopped buying sports games...I starting buying them once every other year but now no longer do that.

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Yup. This is why I stopped buying sports games...I starting buying them once every other year but now no longer do that.
    Yep same here, I'm playing MLB2K10 (not EA, same **** though, and NHL 12.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityFlyer View Post
    It's mostly the 1 game a year model. It's too short a time span to add anything significant.

They need to lengthen it to two years and just have a DLC roster update for the in-between year. They make money, and make a better product.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1-800-STFU View Post
    It's mostly the 1 game a year model. It's too short a time span to add anything significant.

They need to lengthen it to two years and just have a DLC roster update for the in-between year. They make money, and make a better product.
    Absolutely, and people would buy it too.

vCash
    If it wasn't for BF3 I would leave EA behind but I really like BF

The Cult of Gattis

vCash
    Damn
    Seattle Seahawks- New Orleans Pelicans- Atlanta Braves- Anaheim Ducks

vCash
    Reportedly, he was forced to stepped down because he resisted pressure from the board for EA to go into more casual/mobile games.

This could get ugly. Get ready for Touchscreen phone Madden or some nonsense like that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1-800-STFU View Post
    Reportedly, he was forced to stepped down because he resisted pressure from the board for EA to go into more casual/mobile games.

This could get ugly. Get ready for Touchscreen phone Madden or some nonsense like that.
    Already is touchscreen madden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yaswaggin View Post
    Already is touchscreen madden
    I CAN PREDICT THE FUTURE.

Damn I'm amazing

vCash
    How about I pay 60 bucks for a game, thats should be it. **** all this DLC ****. I paid 60 bucks already give me all the dam content that you jerks are over charging me for!!!!!
    FAV FIGHTERS- HW-Struve-JDS-D.Cormier LHW-Gustafsson -Ovince St. Preux Machida MW-Kenndey-D.Miller-Chris WeidmanWW-Condit-Rory MacDonald-Kampmann-Douglas Lima-Marquardt LW-Penn-Edgar-Jim Miller-Joe Lauzon-FW-Jung Patricio Freire BW-Torres-Dantas- Faber-Fly-Benavidez

vCash
    Until sports exclusive licensing is disallowed, then companies like EA can keep putting a subpar product because:

1. they have no competition

2. The mass people still go out and pay 60 bucks for a roster update and new ankle socks

The truth is this: The casual gamers severely outnumber the hardcore gamers. This makes companies like EA branch out products that suit the casual gamer.

In other words, they dumb down their games so the noobs can play too. For example, the gameflow calls plays for you. They also have a simple play option LOL.

I also remmember madden 11 had an option to rewind the play, so if the noob throws a pick 6, they just rewind the play.

And everyone is celebrating this CEO resigning, but he was pressured to dumb down the games even more and add more stupid mobile games.

So it's most likely going to be worse without him. He was just a mere puppet that didn't want to be a puppet anymore, so they forced him to resign

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast